Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Italiano.......

cap24

Hi to all,
my name is Cristian and i live in Italy.
I had a nano-reef some time ago, it was starded on 2007 and i managed it until april 2009 when a big earthquake destroyed my city and my nano-reef too :-( .
After long time i've decided to try this adventure again and ,thanks to this forum , i was really inspired by shallow reef tank....so this is the list of my equipment:

SETUP

• Tank: ADA 90F low iron glass 90x45x27cm (110lt) the tank originally was a 90P cutted at the bottom and reglued .The tank has two holes in upper right side ,40mm for the overflow and 20mm for the return, the overflow is produced by italian company Xaqua;
  • Sump:5 glass 48x40x35cm, very simple design;
  • Return Pump: Sicce Silent Syncra 1.5;
  • Light: as my tank is located in my office i would a very cool lamp, so my choice was directed on the lovey designed Elos Dual E-power (2X150W HQI) with Manta bracket and Elos Elite Blu Led 60W.I know, maybe LED tech is more powerful and reliable but i've to say that combined 2 x 14K HQI WITH THE ROYAL BLUE LED of the Elite is Awesome !!
  • Stand: DIY aluminium structure with rapid plastic joint, for the panels i've used 10mm multi layer wood primed with acrylic clear paint,for the exterior i've dressed it with white acrilyc panels;
  • Water: Ro water is produced by a small inline System made by Italian company Forwater.
  • Salt: DeJong MarineLife premium salt;
  • Skimmer: Bubble Magus Nac 5.5 internal
  • Filtration: DIY GFO/Carbon reactor made from an old R/O System and powerd by a Maxijet 800;DIY micro Bio Pellet Reactor made from an old aquarium water changer and a small chinese pump;Filter -sock on the overflow .
  • Top Off: Hydor Smart Level
  • Heater: Eheim Jager 100W
  • Wave Maker : Jebao WP25
  • Dosing System: Marine Magic 3 channels dosing pump sitted on DIY wood stand with 3 ikea bottle easy to drop off from the cabinet for maintance.I do CA,Mg and Alcalinity liquids from matuta.de salt seller;
  • Power: Return Pump is connected to a 2200VA APC UPS System.

INSPIRATION:

• DELETU
  • JAYPAGI
  • THEDOOGAN
  • TRON ETC ETC ON THIS FORUM.....

FEEDING:

• SHG active reef
  • SHG reef snow
  • DIY Phytoplancton
  • CA,MG,Kh

SMALL POLYP STONY CORAL

• Acropora Millepora
  • Acropora SP

LARGE POLYP STONY CORAL

• Euphylia paradivisa

SOFT CORALS

• Briareum
  • Ricordea

INVERTEBRATES

• Lysmata Debelius
  • Calcinus Elegans

FISH

• Pseudochelinius Hexataenia
  • Pomacentrus Alleni
  • Paraglyphidodon Oxyodon

PICS:

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

DSC03035.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02214.jpg
DSC02225.jpg
DSC02242.jpg
DSC02247.jpg

Thanks to all
Ciao!

This is awesome! I love that light fixture and the equipment is placed so neatly. I envy your organizational skills :)

When did you start this reef?

Thanks very much to all of you.......i'm very happy you liked it so much!

To PodPimp: i forgot to say that the tank is only 20days old. I know the risks of a so short beginning, but water tests are good from the first days with zero No3 and Po4 and good CA, Mg and alkalinity .

Archived