inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine NUVO Aquarium SR 80 Build

best3175

Build thread for new Innovative Marine NUVO Aquarium SR-80.

Aquarium and Equipment
Aquarium: Innovative Marine NUVO SR-80
Stand: Innovative Marine
Lights: Two (2) Aquaillumination Hydra 52
Light Controller: AquaIllumination Director
Light Hanger: AquaticLife Universal Fixture hanger
Flow Pump 1: Innovative Marine 476 GPH Pumps (Two)

Flow Pump 2: Ecotech MP10w

Flow Pump 3: Jabeo WP-25
Skimmer: Two (2) Fullsize AQUA Gadget Ghost Skimmer (Tunze 9011 in the closet for possible use)
ATO: Innovative Marine AQUA HydroFill Controller and Pump
RODI: Spectrapure MaxCap 180-MF
Heater: 300 Watt
UV Light: Aqua UV 25-watt Ultraviolet Sterilizer (Disconnected)
Circulation Pump: Eheim Compact Plus Pump 5000 (Disconnected)
Reactor: MiniMax All-In-One Reactor (Removed)

Doser: Bubble Magus Dosing Pimp

This is where it stands now.

1kbEUmg.jpg

Contents
CaribSea Aragonite Seaflor Special Reef Sand
Aquaroche Sculptured Rock (Two)
Aquaroche Scene Plate kit

Fish

Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby - 8/1/2014 - 8/4/2014 Disappeared

3 - Blue/Green Reef Chromis (indonesia) - 8/8/2014

Hi Fin Red Banded Goby - 8/8/2014 Suicide

Clown Goby, Green - 8/8/2014 to 8/19/2014 Suicide

Pacific Redstripe Hogfish - 9/4/2014 Suicide

Kole Yellow Eye Tang - 9/8/2014

One Spot Foxface - 9/8/2014

Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred (Africa) - 11/18/2014

Corals

Red Candy Cap Coral, Montipora capricornis - 8/8/2014

Montipora Capricornis Coral, Purple, Montipora capricornis - 8/8/2014

Wildwood Bottle Brush Acropora Coral, Acropora aculeus - 8/8/2014

Elegance Coral, Pink/Purple Tip (Australia) - 9/4/2014

Bottlebrush Acropora Coral Fiji - 9/4/2014

Scrolling Montipora Coral Indonesia - 9/8/2014

Bushy Acropora Coral Indonesia - 9/8/2014

Birdsnest Coral, Green - Aquacultured, ORA® - 9/8/2014

Hydnophora Coral Indonesia - 11/18/2014

Aussie Tube Coral Orange - 11/18/2014

Bushy Acropora Coral Indonesia - 11/18/2014

Birdsnest Coral Indonesia - 11/18/204

Inverts

3 - Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab - 8/1/2014

12 - Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab - 8/1/2014

10 3 - Astraea Turbo Snail - 8/1/2014

30 10 - Cerith Snail - 8/1/2014

Banded Coral Shrimp - 8/1/2014

Snapping Shrimp - 8/1/2014

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - 8/8/2014

3 - Bumble Bee Snail - 8/8/2014

2 - Fighting Conch - 8/8/2014

3 - Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab - 8/8/2014

5 - Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crab - 8/8/2014

5 - Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab - 8/8/2014

10 - Nassarius Snail - 8/8/2014

12 - Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab - 8/8/2014

10 - Astraea Snail - 8/8/2014

5 - Dwarf Yellow Tip Hermit Crab - 8/8/2014

3 - Electric Blue Hermit Crab - 8/1/2014

3 - Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab (Caribbean) - 11/18/2014

Feeding Schedule

Cobalt Flake, 2-3 times per day

Frozen Mysis

BRS 2 part

Calcium - 10 ml per day

Soda Ash - 10 ml per day

Magnesium - 10 ml per day

Brightwell Strontium

Brightwell Reef Snow

Brightwell Iodine

Maintenance Schedule

15 Gallon water Changes at least twice a week

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure My equipment List will grow, but this is where it now stands. Photos of some equipment.

qTQqhHS.jpg

gWtQXIQ.jpg

akMyCvO.jpg

WyEeUAs.jpg

DWNGiu1.jpg

knxyC5O.jpg

8wiXEdm.jpg

WVkNISn.jpg

plDhoC9.jpg

owoGPRF.jpg

Some Pictures of The SR-80

x5j5SeH.jpg

NKGrZvx.jpg

The Aquarium arrived with great packaging on a solid wood pallet. Two problems. The leveling pad was not cut to the proper size and the glass is slightly mared (Word?) along the top front edge. The leveling pad was solved easily enough and a replacement is on its way. Innovative Marine was quick to correct this issue. The mared glass is another story. They have yet to address it. As Long as the net cover is in place, it is not that noticable. We will see how they react.

The leveling pad was short by about 1/2 an inch on both sides.

UEiBMwQ.jpg

I am thinking of using this cabinet for not only storage of goods, but also for the UV and the Chiller. Maybe even a controller in the future. It will help to reduce the clutter in the stand and keep a clean installation.

tlWZqRo.jpg

l3cOzrJ.jpg

The RODI is almost hooked up. I am actually going out of town for a week, so I won't conect the water for another week. But the tubing has be run and I am ready to peirce the copper pipe. Here is hoping for no leaks.

dyVzPuQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see a fellow SR-80 owner! You'll love the tank. I love mine. A few hiccups here and there - mostly doing things that I know better like adding coral in too quickly...

Would love to know how things work out with your Tunze skimmer and the ATO. I jammed a Cadlights PLS100 in the back and finally gave up after two months of trying to fix the microbubble issues. I backed down to a Cadlights PLS50 and it's working great. Will probably add a second PLS50 next month.

I have the AutoAqua Smart ATO. When it's working it works great. I've had a few issues with it and this tank is unforgiving if the water level is not kept up.

Good luck with your build, i'm gonna follow!

I really like the stand. It is thick OSD with a laminate, I think. It is extremely heavy and well made. One of the better stands I've seen.

I'm thinking of modifing this tank to raise the water level in the tank and in the rear compartment. I need to do this in order for the Tunze Skimmer to be at the correct level. I am going to try to set-up the skimmer with the in-sump option. This has an outlet pipe the reglates the water level in the skimmer. I will need to build a stand for the skimmer. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of modifing this tank to raise the water level in the tank and in the rear compartment. I need to do this in order for the Tunze Skimmer to be at the correct level. I am going to try to set-up the skimmer with the in-sump option. This has an outlet pipe the reglates the water level in the skimmer. I will need to build a stand for the skimmer. Any ideas?

Chambers 3 or 4 are really the best option, IMO, for a skimmer. They're the only chambers that really are at a constant level. I tried running my skimmer in the middle chamber but with any evaporation, if the ATO doesn't kick in, it'll mess with the skimmer's ability to function.

For what it's worth, I did raise the water level in the middle chamber. The return pumps are so powerful that they are also really picky about water level. I have the AutoAqua ATO and every once in a while, for whatever reason, it doesn't kick on. If i don't catch it, my water will drop a few inches in one day in the rear middle chamber and then the pumps suck in air. The water level can still be three inches higher than the pumps but it still happens.

I built a little stand for my skimmer out of an acrylic sheet I bought from Lowes. Here's a picture of it next to the skimmer I was using. It cost around $20 bucks for the sheet and $5 for the plexi cutting tool.

I really like the stand. It is thick OSD with a laminate, I think. It is extremely heavy and well made. One of the better stands I've seen.

+1 - this stand is really well thought out and great construction quality.

post-78562-0-08433200-1393952205_thumb.jpg

So for so good. It would be nice if there was a more user-friendly option for the skimmer.

True that. I've heard rumors that IM is making a new skimmer specifically for these and the new Fusion series. I really am not too happy that my skimmer sits 5" above the back of the tank.

I also don't care for the AI mounts. A curved mount would look so much more appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you like your hydra 52s ? I have a sr60 with 2 regular hydras on it..... Love them but still new in this hobby and learning.... little frustrating at times but love the tank.

How do you like your hydra 52s ? I have a sr60 with 2 regular hydras on it..... Love them but still new in this hobby and learning.... little frustrating at times but love the tank.

I haven't put water in mine yet. I am hoping to start building the light hanger this weekend. I also need to make a skimmer stand. Then I will be ready for water.

The Aqarium was shipped with an improperly sized leveling mat. Innovative Marine was very easy to work and even included this new toy for free with the new mat. Excellent customer service.

hpPIDtf.jpg

Amazing build!!! What all is going in the vinegar bath and why? Do you have some used items?

I use the vinegar bath to remove the manufacturing residue and help break in the skimmer. It is a safer way to wash any new or used equipment (as opposed to soap).

People have been successful not doing this. It is just something I have always done and recommended when I worked at a LFS.

Archived