Mr. Aqua 12 gallon bookshelf tank with dual 1" drains and dual 1/2" returns

Sump: 20 gallon long

Return pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 3.5

Skimmer: SCA 301

ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155

Controller: Reefkeeper Lite

Heat: Two 100w Aqueon Pro heaters

Powerheads: None!

Light: 30" custom spectrum BuildMyLed and a 24" stunner strip for supplementation

Substrate: 10 lbs Caribsea Arag-alive special grade

Rock: BRS reef saver

image-164.jpg

image-169.jpg

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! What overflow/returns are those. I am finally going to get back in the hobby with a 60p setup.

JT manufacturing bulkheads with JT screens on the drains, I cut the excess threads off the bulkheads.

image-165.jpg

image-166.jpg

Looks epic so far, reminds me of scorched's build.

It would, his tank inspired me to start this one. I've been in contact with him for help :)

Nice and clean, looks great. How will you be hanging the light?-How about a sump shot?

The light will go in my floating canopy, 45 degree optics so we'll see how high it lets me go with it. I'm getting ready to paint the wire raceway to match the wall now, no visible wires or equipment. :)

image-168.jpg

You asked for it, the sump. Clean up top, my usual mess down below.

image-167.jpg

Looks good, cant wait to see it with the lightHow far from the top is the water level?

The water is down 1.125". I wish it could be higher but that's as high as I could drill.

What livestock are you thinking? Fish and corals please :)

I have no idea on fish yet. Z&Ps, rics, BTA, meat, acans, euphyllia, things along those lines most likely.

The light will go in my floating canopy, 45 degree optics so we'll see how high it lets me go with it. I'm getting ready to paint the wire raceway to match the wall now, no visible wires or equipment. :)

image-167.jpg

You asked for it, the sump. Clean up top, my usual mess down below.

image-167.jpg

F'n love it! Super clean man.....even the sump....at some point.

How are you supporting the canopy? Brackets?

F'n love it! Super clean man.....even the sump....at some point.How are you supporting the canopy? Brackets?
I'll be able to screw it right into the studs from inside the box, should be plenty sturdy enough.

Dayum!!!
Already better then my tank. Ugh Off to a great start chad!
:wub:
Thanks! :)
wow.such.chris

Wow chad, nice work. This is really coming along nicely and I have a feeling it will be even better than the last. I love this new trend of going without powerheads, veryclean looking. A little inspiration from Scorched? Do you plan on adding any LR or starting purely dry? What's the stocking goal: SPS, LPS, mixed? How about fish? Tell me more!

here we go, looking forward to seeing how you stock this thing. Also dig the floating canopy, I actually made one for mine using a single lumenbright reflector but got a good deal on the ocean light so I got the thing sitting in my basement on deck for new projects lol.

So dope. I have been (slowly) modding my BC29 and plan on a powerhead free tank like this

thanks for sharing

Thanks, I'm loving no cords or equipment.

Wow chad, nice work. This is really coming along nicely and I have a feeling it will be even better than the last. I love this new trend of going without powerheads, veryclean looking. A little inspiration from Scorched? Do you plan on adding any LR or starting purely dry? What's the stocking goal: SPS, LPS, mixed? How about fish? Tell me more!

Yep, scorched is the reason I started this tank. His is awesome. No live rock. I'm just doing LPS and softies, no idea on fish yet.

Great start man! I love how clan it looks without any visible equipment.

Thanks, I've never been the minimalist type but I'm liking the clean look.

That looks awesome!!!

here we go, looking forward to seeing how you stock this thing. Also dig the floating canopy, I actually made one for mine using a single lumenbright reflector but got a good deal on the ocean light so I got the thing sitting in my basement on deck for new projects lol.

Hopefully I like the BML . No idea how I'll end up stocking it really.

#### YEAH LPS AND SOFTIES FOR DEEMMMMM WWIIINNNNN!!!

Lots of cool options for fish, Geo pygmy perchlets, possibly smaller pygmy/possum wrasse, cardinals, most gobies, small comb and fangtooth blennies, dartfish, etc

Spiderguardnano

hell yeah so sick

glad you finally started this thread

I will be doing the exact same build as i was inspired from scorched build also

I was thinking the SCA 301 skimmer was to big for this build?

looks like ill be getting one also

can't wait to see the lighting

Archived