Coral Vue Hydros

BigAl's Spec V FROGSAWN!

BigAl18

Mattweets21

So I've upgraded to mini 606 and also the InTank media basket, and Current LED lighting

Live stock 1) black clown

1) damsel

1) tuxedo urchin ( that guys a temp for the hair algea break out I had! You can see the tracks it made on the tallest piece of LR

So I've upgraded to mini 606 and also the InTank media basket, and Current LED lighting

1) damsel

1) tuxedo urchin ( that guys a temp for the hair algea break out I had! You can see the tracks it made on the tallest piece of LR

1) damsel

Front view

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still battling dinoflagellates but my CUC seems to be keeping it at bay.

I added a frag of zoas from my fish store a week and a half ago and they are finally all opening up.

The store didn't give them names but I think they are Eagle eyes.

post-83262-0-39690300-1397623154_thumb.jpg

Another fish LFS nearby is starting up a frag tank too, I'm pretty excited to see what they have usually better prices too.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a question though. I got a hydor flo to go along with the 606 but can't figure out how to attach it. None of the adapters fit on the angle piece. Do most people just silicone it into a bigger hole?

Take a piece of 1/4" tubing (I just used the piece that was leftover when fitting my 606) and attach it to the smallest diameter adapter that comes with the flow. Then attach it to the 90 coming out of the wall. No silicone or anything needed. Great surface movement and no dead spots. I don't plan on getting any other flow pumps, as they won't be needed. It would turn this thing into a whirlpool...

Also, what happened to your other Clowns? And how are your new fish fairing? I don't want to get a Goby either for my Spec V and I'm looking into other fish, but obviously space (therefore choices) are limited.

Tank looks great brotha! I might have a new Emerald Crab today.

Thx @ETucc, I am due for a water change and plan on updating my media with a fresh bag of CP and adding some Cheato which I hope will help get rid of my dino problems.

I've blacked out the tank for several days in a row twice and this helps clean them up but they come back in a matter of weeks. I am gonna try toning down the day lights to just a few hours in the late afternoon as my tank catches a lot of natural light for most of the day and just keep the night lights on from 12-9pm.

As far as the life in my tank all is well. The clowns are growing and healthy, I am thinking to add a Duncan this week from a local reefer who is clearing out some space. I am hoping they will host it, but we will see. Shrimpie shrimp is all over the place and is kind of my fave to watch in the tank as he moves around so much, I wanted a cleaner in there, but he does the trick and is fun to watch. will post up some pics once the Duncan is in.

How are you clowns doing in this tank? I'm interested in adding two new-born false (tank bred) clowns to mine..

I have a good amount of space for them to swim and nice current in both directions..

They are doing great, seem to be growing and they play a lot. As I said, I am hoping to get something they might host soon. :rolleyes:

I have finally added my first hard coral, a beautiful green and purple frogspawn with 2 heads.I drip acclimated for a few hours and epoxy/superglued to my island and he opened up a bit before bedtime last night!

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B9ZCbiExFWMCaC1lbzhvZXJCSlU (why can't I post images from my google drive :()

He was even further out this morning no time for pics tho.

That thing is a little baby haha! Looks really good, hope it grows really nice and big!

Your clown will like it!

I've lagged a bit on the FTS. One of my Mexican hermits moved into the largest shell in my tank today. Hoping my blue leg ilupgrades too ?.

Another frogspawn pic

post-83262-0-30095900-1399243734_thumb.jpg

I'm a little worried, peppermint shrimp doesn't seem to like the frogspawn much and I've seen little glowing bits floating around the tank. Might have to get rid of the shrimp ?

5/5 FTS

post-83262-0-40098200-1399244057_thumb.jpg

AAAAand, I'm seeing new growth on my ZOA's, hard to photograph tho

post-83262-0-27637300-1399244249_thumb.jpg

So I had to get rod of the peppermint shrimp. ? he was my fave in the tank but he didn't seem to like my new Frogspawn tentacles waving about.

I pulled him hour during a water change and devices to pull out as much of my crushed coral as possible. Man that was diiiiiirty! As soon as I added new water and things cleared up a bit, hairy algae all over everything! I hope it isn't dinoflagellates again. Tank has been blacked out all day. I did see frogspawn poking out though and my clans were swimming so it seems healthy enough.

I'm still worried it was a bad decision though. ?

Archived