Pod Your Reef

CNC ASIS Build Updates Two 4 x 12 in Pearl White Powder)

DVaDeR77

jedimasterben

To keep the Vero and Luxeon M at the same dimming step and have ~14K color temp, you'll want the M on a 1000mA driver with the Vero on a 300mA one, and keep the blue on a 1000mA too to keep it at the same dimming step (basically you can keep the white, royal blue, and blue all at 10%, 25%, 100%, etc, and they'll still be the same overall color temp).

For a power supply, the absolute maximum your Vero will be using ~8w each (32w total) at 300mA, the M will be using ~11.5w each (92w total) at 1000mA, the XP-E2 3.4w each (28w total) at 1000mA, the Rebels 2.3w each (10w total) at 700mA, and the violets 30w total at 700mA. Totals out to ~192w, so you'd want a power supply that gives at least 230w. I would recommend the Meanwell HLG-240H-48A.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ben. So i have a total of 12 drivers. 4 300mA for the Vero's, 2 1000mA for Luxeon M, 2 1000mA for Blue, 2 700mA for cyan and 2 700mA for Violets. Ill also have 4 moonlights running off a 2 300mA drivers as well. A total of 14 drivers and 2 6up and 1 2up LDD boards. If there is another way to do this setup please let me know or give options. Remember I'm wanting each fixture to be seperate from one another but controlled by the Storm as if they are one. I cant say iv seen a power supply like that before but O.K.

jedimasterben

So you want both of your fixtures independently dimmable (you can do some badass left-to-right dimming with the storm x)? I think I missed that part somewhere lol. Since that is the case, yes, it is good to me.

If you're using the Storm X, the dimming resolution can go so low that you could use one of the LED strings you already have as moonlights, just run them at 10-30/4096

so when selecting the moonlight option i can choose a channel of my choice say the blue channel and im good. if that is the case ill only need 12 drivers. cool. and what do you mean left to right dimming.

Blue, cool blue, and standard blue are one in the same, though there can be very different bins. The ones that Steve currently has are very high-nm - in the 480-485nm range, which is almost cyan. LEDgroupbuy has new ones coming at the end of this week that should be 465nm peak, which is exactly what you want in a blue LED, so cyan and blue should be separated and not overlap nearly as much.

I would look at using Bridgelux Vero and Luxeon M for your white and royal blue LEDs. Use the 4x of the Vero 10 and run them at ~250-350mA each, use 8x of the Luxeon M (two per Vero) and run them around 700mA. To that, add 8x blue XP-E2 (the new ones I mentioned earlier), 4x Rebel cyan, and 8-12x true and hyper violet (split them up 50/50 or 75/25 or however you want to do them). I would normally say 3x Vero and 6x Luxeon M, but you can't divide that evenly across two heatsinks, so just use more at a lower current :)

Did those 465nm blues come it at LGB yet?

Using that power supply you (Jediben) suggested would i just run 2 jumper wires from one 6up boards power conectors to the other to be able to power both boards and drivers.

Well i just ordered some XP-E2 blues from them so i hope so

jedimasterben

Well i just ordered some XP-E2 blues from them so i hope so

Last I talked to Milad (the 15th) he said that they would be in by the end of the week, and that was a week and a half ago. I emailed him just now to check.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I got an email last night from Zendesk with the ticket, was too tired to assign it to Milad though lol. Been helping my parents move and it's been a BITCH!

Got an email back from milad. It said that the 465nm will be shipping to customers Monday or Tuesday and in case anyone is wondering, the 465 will not be available in solderless.

I just chatted with some one about my order they have the new one and will be shipping. On a side note that power supply suggested above I can run both drivers boards off it even with one output

CNCreef.com

Not yours, but heres what the Powder Coat White looks like. Powder coat expects them to be done mid to late next week. Sorry for the delays. While were still small, they have to sneak us in between their bigger runs.

Your Asis 412 are gonna look full on Stormtrooper man.

post-82797-0-59809200-1393703445_thumb.jpg

Look almost silver( at least in the pic and on my tab) but im sure that's not the case. Looks BAD A** son!!! Oh yea can't wait, other stuff comes in next week I hope, fingers crossed.

So I was supposed to have gotten my luxeon m Friday then Saturday came and nothing tracking number hasn't updated since the left the USPS sort facility in LA on the 26. Not a huge deal as I can't do anything as of yet, just sucks I don't know where they are.

Just got off the phone with usps about my order from steves and they have no idea where my package is and i have not heard back from steves. Kind of sucks.

Got my luxeon M's today everything else should be here by Friday( not sure on fixtures though). Hint Hint CNC! Is there anyway to make sure the vero and M's work using a volt meter. Tried doing the test the same way with the regular LEDs but nothing?

You will have to apply a voltage to see if they work.

I've mentioned it in other threads in the past, but the diode check on multimeters isn't intended for checking LEDs. Standard switching/rectifying diodes have a forward voltage much lower than LEDs. You're actually quite lucky if the meter lights up the LED, as most won't (all the Fluke meters I've used won't). All the meter is doing in that mode is applying a voltage a little higher than the breakdown voltage of a typical switching diode and seeing if a small current will pass through it. The voltage is kept low so to keep the current passing through the diode very low. With the voltage being quite low, it's typically not enough to break down the junction on an LED. The lower the forward voltage of the LED, the more likely that the diode test will light it up. Red LEDs are the most likely to light up using the diode test (they have the lowest forward voltage of all LEDs).

CNCreef.com

Got my luxeon M's today everything else should be here by Friday( not sure on fixtures though). Hint Hint CNC! Is there anyway to make sure the vero and M's work using a volt meter. Tried doing the test the same way with the regular LEDs but nothing?

Waiting to hear back from powder coat. I called them this morning and hope to hear something soon! Thanks for your patience. They are going to be amaze balls.

CNCreef.com

I dropped off another batch and they are behind schedule but I talked to the foreman and he promises by Friday. Fingers crossed.

We use this company a lot at our sister Company Braeburn Acoustics, and they are the Powder coaters for HAAS Automation (the manufacturer of our CNC machines), so their work is second to none.

Getting them to squeeze in a "small" batch is where things get a bit tougher.

Luckily they always do a great job.

Fingers Crossed

Chris

got a few things today, Storm X all my drivers fan control Skimmer and an ato, waiting on LGB and CNC hopefully next week and then the build starts.

I dropped off another batch and they are behind schedule but I talked to the foreman and he promises by Friday. Fingers crossed.

We use this company a lot at our sister Company Braeburn Acoustics, and they are the Powder coaters for HAAS Automation (the manufacturer of our CNC machines), so their work is second to none.

Getting them to squeeze in a "small" batch is where things get a bit tougher.

Luckily they always do a great job.

Fingers Crossed

Chris

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived