Top Shelf Aquatics

*Miester Aqua 11.4 Build*

ZeroEvoX

What-sup Everyone!

Well After a year of having a successful, and thriving nuvo8, I decided to start a New tank, and do a couple things differently. Originally i used cured LR to cycle, This time around I will be using dry and seeding with 3lbs of live. Also i run chemical filtration in my 8 , so in this project I'm going to go with a Fuge, and water changes, sort of "au natural".

I decided to build a stand( over engineered of course) and have almost everything together and ready.

Equipment:

Tank: Mr.Aqua 11.4( Plasti-dipped rear wall, really impressed with the quality of this tank)

Lighting: Kessil 150w Blue( not that deep Bue)

Filtration: Aquaclear 70(Intank basket, fuge light chaeto)

Heater: 75w Neo therm by Cobalt( i hope it performs as good as it looks!)

Water Movement: Tunze Turbelle 6015

Salt: Redsea coral pro

All in all I'm hoping to get her wet by Monday once my BRS rock comes. I have sand and water ready to go.

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/zero02sixty/media/photo1_zps7c5e31ba.jpg.html'>photo1_zps7c5e31ba.jpg

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/zero02sixty/media/photo3_zpseae3df2a.jpg.html'>photo3_zpseae3df2a.jpg

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/zero02sixty/media/photo2_zpsa0d6202a.jpg.html'>photo2_zpsa0d6202a.jpg

More Updates to follow!

Finally got wet this weekend. Used some bulk reef supply dry rock and picked up some live stuff from the LFS. Lost my test kit somewhere , so I have to pick up another. I was curios to add some bio-spira or one of those types of products. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it even worth it?

Attached is the latest FTS. I'm pretty happy with the aqua scape.

Sorry hers the FTS.

post-78010-0-09099900-1391443252_thumb.jpg

Finally got wet this weekend. Used some bulk reef supply dry rock and picked up some live stuff from the LFS. Lost my test kit somewhere , so I have to pick up another. I was curios to add some bio-spira or one of those types of products. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it even worth it?

Attached is the latest FTS. I'm pretty happy with the aqua scape.

Sorry hers the FTS.

I had to wait 2 months for my last dry rock tank to get running and I used biospira. I don't know if it helped and certainly didn't hurt but I honestly don't think it is necessary.

I like the simple set up btw I have been messin with the idea of a hob tank to use as a continually set up quarantine tank. Does the ac70's weight seem fine on a rimless?

I had to wait 2 months for my last dry rock tank to get running and I used biospira. I don't know if it helped and certainly didn't hurt but I honestly don't think it is necessary.

I like the simple set up btw I have been messin with the idea of a hob tank to use as a continually set up quarantine tank. Does the ac70's weight seem fine on a rimless?

Yea , it seems fine, no visible bowing.. On a side note the light is on its own bracket i attached to the stand. So the only weight that's on the back wall is going to be that ac70.

2 months!! Fudge.

sweet looking tank and great equipment list. i was/been looking at the 17.1g from them.

The build quality is pretty impressive for the pricetag. Very clean joints and such. When i unboxed it i was very very happy.

• 1 month later...

+++++++Update++++++++

Well finally got the CUC in.THANKS REEFCLEANERS!!!(way more than i ordered fyi). I've been so busy at work, but i finally have some time to get livestock planning in.

I really want to start dosing, I've never done it before, is there a simple way to get into it? Like is there one thing i can dose?

I plan on moving some of the bigger coral colonies from my 8 gal in here. Stay tuned for some Livestock Updates!

photo1_zps6afd8a57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...Its officially time for coral. I cant Wait any longer. I think i'd like to try a monti cap, anyone have any good advice on handling this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived