Cultivated Reef

Diy led for rsm 250 w/ cree lumia 5.2

Timmydatoolman

jedimasterben

Gonna bring this back to life with a question:

If a single Lumia 5.2 is running 2 channels at 1.0A, and 3 channels at .700mA, this is a total of 4.1A

The power supply you have listed in your first post is putting out 3.75A per lead.

I'm curious how you wired this to the LDD board to supply the needed 4.1A (if running all the drivers at max amperage), for one puck.

Output amperage does not equal input amperage unless the driver is running at 100% of its rated voltage, as well.

Output amperage does not equal input amperage unless the driver is running at 100% of its rated voltage, as well.

Can you explain this to me? I'm really not understanding the math behind it.

Can you explain this to me? I'm not understanding the math behind it.

Hmm, can't edit my last post.

Is the 3.75A available to each driver, and not divided equally? That would make sense to me, but I was thinking that the 5 drivers would need a combined amperage of 4.1

jedimasterben

If you're only using, say, 50% of the input voltage, you'll only use 50% of the rated output current.

If given 48v input and 18v output, the LDD will be using 3v for itself, so you'll be using 21/48v. If on a 1A rated LDD, you'll pull 21/48 of that 1A from the power supply, which is around 438mA. The LEDs will still always receive 1A.

If you're only using, say, 50% of the input voltage, you'll only use 50% of the rated output current.

If given 48v input and 18v output, the LDD will be using 3v for itself, so you'll be using 21/48v. If on a 1A rated LDD, you'll pull 21/48 of that 1A from the power supply, which is around 438mA. The LEDs will still always receive 1A.

Thank you very much.

Post I made isn't showing.

I'm going to be running these 2 in series,off of ELN drivers that I already have here, and controlled by the Apex.

Just want to make sure I've got this right before possibly burning out $100 chips.

Channel 1 total VF is 36vF

Channel 2 - 33vF

Channel 3 - 33vF

Channel 4 - 34.4vF

Channel 5 - 36vF

Ugh my connection is crap atm.

Thanks for the response Jedi

I'm with ya on the "Yuck", lol.

I'd rather go with the LDD drivers, but since I do have the ELN's laying around, I'll put them to use

Archived