Coral Vue Hydros

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

That equipment panel looks awesome! Let me guess Glenn helped you with that? ;)

Glenn has been MIA, doing some big things in his warehouse.

If I could go back and do something different it would totally be the equipment panel, great job looks very professional. How did you attach mp controllers?

I went and got some 2in Velcro straps that I am able to cut, they're heavy duty, ill try and get a picture of the box tomorrow. I love to be detailed in my thread, I hope it becomes a resource for many reefers to come.

• Like 2
Glenn has been MIA, doing some big things in his warehouse.

I went and got some 2in Velcro straps that I am able to cut, they're heavy duty, ill try and get a picture of the box tomorrow. I love to be detailed in my thread, I hope it becomes a resource for many reefers to come.

Last I heard from him his new lights showed up.
  • Like 1
BattleAthletics

Last I heard from him his new lights showed up.

I havent talked to him since sunday, I know he is busy busy busy, hopefully he will be even busier. I told him about 2 local people that have a 340G Deep Dimension Tank from Planet Aquariums and another that has a 370G made from Dutch Aquarium Services. The 370G is one of a kind I think.

• Like 2
I havent talked to him since sunday, I know he is busy busy busy, hopefully he will be even busier. I told him about 2 local people that have a 340G Deep Dimension Tank from Planet Aquariums and another that has a 370G made from Dutch Aquarium Services. The 370G is one of a kind I think.
When is the Solana getting wet? Also you have only been a member here for less than a year? Just noticed that lol
  • Like 1
BattleAthletics

When is the Solana getting wet? Also you have only been a member here for less than a year? Just noticed that lol

I hope to get the solana wet when the 3/4in bulkhead gets here from BRS.

Ive been here less than a year. So much information I feel as if ive only begun.

• Like 3

Fux bro, dat wiring job is inspirational shet! Makes me want to rip and redo mine now. Your doing this tank first class top to bottom, I like!

Hey that light you shipped me was tits btw, love it!

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

I really like the pullout equipment panel. Mine may get redone now. I hate cable management.

They sell at home depot this box for cable management, ill try and get a picture today. Could be an easy fix for you.

Fux bro, dat wiring job is inspirational shet! Makes me want to rip and redo mine now. Your doing this tank first class top to bottom, I like!

Hey that light you shipped me was tits btw, love it!

Awesome glad you liked it! I had it over my 8 gallon, it grew coraline algea like no other. Im trying to make this pleasing to my eye as well as my wifes eye. Nothing stand out like a poorly designed build. Hope I can keep this up!

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Awesome equipment panel! A lot of my stuff is sorta just laying on the floor lol.

Funny thing about making the equipment panel. I buy ALL my tools used, more so a little older. I go to plenty of estate sales here and grab amazing deals on plenty of things. I was able to cut out the middle section with a plunge router that craftsman makes. The bit I used on it is good for MDF, plywood, etc etc.

Here is the 1/4in bit I used on the equipment panel Diablo 3/8' X 1" Carbide Panel Pilot router bit.

I paid 20$ for that bit and I paid 18 for the router itself off of an estate sale, :lol: .

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Thanks for the link BA. Right now all the cords are hidden away in a cabinet, but I might try that box for organizing the inside tangle of wires.

No problem, as I said I want this thread to be useful for everyone.

The slide out equipment panel is made of 1/2in MDF material painted with a Oil-Based black paint and drawer slides are from home depot, made by Liberty, 20in Soft Close Ball Bearing Full Extension Drawer Slide.

I plan, to make cabinet like slide drawers for the dosing containers and ATO, im still debating on getting a custom ATO as a 5 gallon bucket isnt very sleek looking, maybe Micro-Reefs can accommodate this?

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

A little update, ive been sick alot this week, apparently my favorite pizza place gave us food poisoning. Bleh. I did manage to do some stuff.

12651252615_4760d32828_c.jpg

12651395703_ff51b6fd52_b.jpg

12651257245_9bf6a4c622_c.jpg

12651268065_68131a8d46_c.jpg

Now just have to wait for the WMX module and the Lab Grade pH Probe to get here to finish the equipment panel, I hope. I still havent updated the firmware on the APEX.

As you can see I made a sliding shelf for the containers also, behind the dosing containers is a open space that could accomodate a 18X10X14 ATO Black Acrylic container, still in the talks with Mike @ Micro-Reefs in making this happen. Now im off to sleep, its 0431 here.

• Like 7
BattleAthletics

Those dosing containers can be found at eBay just by searching for dosing containers. I was able to find an ATO container but figured Micro-Reef could make one just as good, or even better. I would rather support our local sponsor than buy on eBay.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Haha, thanks. Does anyone know where I can get CA, alk, and my stickers? I saw a thread on r2r not to long ago with some dosing containers with really cool stickers.

• Like 2