inTank Media Baskets

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

Those dosing containers can be found at eBay just by searching for dosing containers. I was able to find an ATO container but figured Micro-Reef could make one just as good, or even better. I would rather support our local sponsor than buy on eBay.

Hey BA,

The dosing containers..... did they come with the measurements on them....or is that a sticker? I checked eBay, but nothing with the measurements on them.

Very nice organization and prep!

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

e7y4e2y4.jpg

Still not done with the rockscape. Scapin' is allot harder than I thought.

Wmx module, lab grade pH probe and plumbing came in, screen top done and the setup is inside. This setup is ridiculously heavy, between two of us and a movers dolly we were able to man handle it in.

I did add a spacer between the equipment panel on back. Now there's plenty of room for the wires instead of it getting bound up.

• Like 11
BattleAthletics

Idk if it's just the surfer in me or what, but that rockwork looks like a breaking wave and I like it!

It does doesn't it, thanks. I still have to cover up the epoxy on most places, I've got some sand and rubble to cover that up though. Next up is a small island to make.

What is the white tray at the top of your equipment panel?

From top left to top right is, the battery backup, and the ballast for the radion pro. I think that's what you're seeing.
  • Like 2
BattleAthletics

It's about 14-16 inches tall. I'm going to use the chart that schwings reef uses with his radions. (I think that's the same name)

Updating the firmware on the APEX is a PITA.

• Like 4
BattleAthletics

So in an effort to show off the sick stand that mark made, and also help other reefers visualize what the stand looks like I took some pictures to help them out since ive been asked about it on here and other forums too.

12821448283_1b9b8d75cf_c.jpg

12821434073_415001d64e_c.jpg

12821429523_c9cf50f94c_c.jpg

Hope that shows how the spacing behind the equipment panel allows for a snake pit to be hidden. Not everything is actually plugged in ATM, since ive yet to update the APEX.

• Like 3
BattleAthletics

Love the scape - looking forward to seeing it in the tank.

Me to, one of the epoxied joints didn't hold, now I have to redo it. After that I'll dunk it in RO water and let it sit for a couple of hours. *sigh*

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Organization looks sick! What chew talking bout updating the apex is easy breezy yo

It's funny, my coworker and I were talking about how it's easy for those that have done something to say is easy.

Your light stand, is that 1.5x2 tube? If so I can send you some free black caps that you pound in, would be a nice finishing touch. We use them at work.

No, it's inch aluminum tubing :-\. I appreciate it though, your a good man Chad. I was just looking at some last night, they only come in 20 piece packs.
  • Like 1

12528335255_3906428214_c.jpg

12821448283_1b9b8d75cf_c.jpg

Equipment Panel(Unfinished):

12516098843_1bfce86be3_c.jpg

Holy crap, so organized! I'm jealous. I'm sure you'd have a heart attack if you saw the tangled mess behind my tank. :scarry:

• Like 1

Man OH Man!!!! Glad you are taking yer time on this. The whole set up and scape are just killer!

The scape does look like a wave.....can't wait to see it it in the tank.

You make me proud my boy. :)

• Like 5

It's funny, my coworker and I were talking about how it's easy for those that have done something to say is easy.

No, it's inch aluminum tubing :-\. I appreciate it though, your a good man Chad. I was just looking at some last night, they only come in 20 piece packs.

1" square? I don't think we have that.