Pod Your Reef

Free Frag Tank?

Marine Depot

I found something interesting with some of the leaders if you go to there video on the top left that link brings you to you tube. Some of the videos that were started a few days ago have a handfull of views but they have hundreds of votes!

Good catch. Mine has 88 votes but I got 140 views. They should definably have more views.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy what a mess. A little bit like nano reef vs ecotech on the reef builders vote. Perhaps for next time a vote using a Facebook login ONLY might be better. You would still be able to catch fake IP addresses but how many FB profiles can they create.I have been traveling for 2 weeks so didn't push people to vote more. But thank you Jeff for slaving away next week to sort it all out. I kinda liked the stand staining video even if I never watched it. :huh:

I have 176 views on my video. Yay.

OMG!!!!!!! I though that criteria for reviewer should be determined by his/her integrity, writing skills and knowledge...............seems like popularity contest to me. It will be hard for me to take any review based on vote count seriously. Did reviews for various audio sites and major forums but I have never seen anything remotely close to this madness. Lol

I hope we don't have to wait that long! Looks like you will be in because we know the first two will be dropped. I would need one more to make it in....And im pretty sure some of the others were upto something!

Thank you in advance for your patience as we comb through the data. We'll contact winners later this week. We don't want to prolong this or anything, but as many of you know there was some shady activity going on so it's going to take a little time to come to a final determination.

Jeff @ MD

Seriously: lots of companies would have just looked at the totals and been done. Awesome that the folks at MD are taking the time and effort to sort out the cheaters.

It wouldnt surprise me if Jeff didnt get into work until 9AM western time. I figured we wouldnt hear until tuesday or wednesday.

I demand you talk in your next reviews :D

Seriously: lots of companies would have just looked at the totals and been done. Awesome that the folks at MD are taking the time and effort to sort out the cheaters.

Pretty sad that people feel the need to cheat and screw the system even on something like this. Definitely nice to see MD is going about it the right way and DQing that stuff, it wouldn't be good for anyone to have those kind of people reviewing anything! Congrats to all of you that participated and actually played fair! You're much bigger winners then the other group will ever be IMO :)

Hey MD, the description says 20 x 24. I'm assuming this includes the filtration. What are the display dimensions?

Aquarium Specs:

• Approximately 20 Gallons
  • 6 mm Bent Glass
  • Dimensions: 20" x 24" x 9"
  • Center Filter Chamber Dimensions: 13.5” x 5” x 9”
  • Left and Right Filter Chamber Dimensions: 5” x 5” X 9”

I'm guessing the filter eats up 5". So, the display would wind up being close to 24x15x9"

We appreciate everyone's patience and apologize for the delay in selecting our review team. We will reach out to the finalists later this week!

Jeff @ MD

Is today the day??? I hope so I cant wait another weekend!

We are going through the votes right now, actually. We will contact our new test team later this afternoon (or early evening).

We just sent invitations to our new Product Test Team. I know at least a couple are members here, so congratulations!

As much as it pained us to do this, we eliminated 7 participants from contention due to excessive voting irregularities.

Archived