Innovative Marine Aquariums

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

It was a $10 difference, I showed proof of payment as a receipt in my e-mail at the counter when I checked in. I was told "It doesn't matter" by a manager. The airline was Frontier, I do not recommend them to anyone.

Since the fee is each way, so you paid $20 extra total? That's a lot for bags!

• Like 1

Since the fee is each way, so you paid $20 extra total? That's a lot for bags!

Thankfully I only had a carry-on for the return trip. I had it rolled up in my personal bag for the trip out. (I knew I'd be coming home with a lot more than I went out with :) ) So I paid $30 extra for the return trip all together. They would have charged me $40 instead if I wanted it to be a carry-on like I had originally booked. I had booked the carry-on weeks ago so the fee was $30, but at the gate was $40 since it 'wasn't done ahead of time', checked bags were $20 ahead of time, but $30 at the gate.

Haha, sounds good! Hopefully it doesn't take an entire month! But I'll be patient.

I hope it likes your tank better than mine. I had it on the very side of the tank and it didn't get a lot of light or flow. It didn't get much polyp extension, as a result. Once in a while it would and when it did it was sure pretty :). The grube's gorgonian should do well for you. That thing is very hardy. It was just also in a bad spot in my tank.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates? Has the leather made any progress yet? fingerscrossed

29680467560_33c331e76c_k.jpg

The leather seems to be doing great, it took awhile for it to perk back up after the trip. I was worried it wasn't going to make it at first since it seemed to be dissolving. The gorg on the other hand is extended like crazy! I see why you guys like them so much!

29890916691_fc60b41d4e_k.jpg

:happy: I think the leather probably will need more room soon, so when I get the new tank it will probably be one of the first ones to move over.

29346615084_3c21285241_k.jpg

Since I live so far away from any LFS I bought a kit at MACNA to make my own frozen food. I'm satisfied with it so far, I like it because I can add my own ingredients and medicine into the food also!

29680464410_5be60cb66f_k.jpg

29890911451_4b5098f4a4_k.jpg

I got quite a bit of loot from MACNA! I cannot wait for next year. Meeting everyone was the highlight of my trip for sure!

29680458430_369f91fb16_b.jpg

Twins

29680459460_d14e44283f_k.jpg

29346612494_c5e89739b7_h.jpg

These are absolutely amazing if you ever get a chance to try them!

29346610544_6a4f6c9275_k.jpg

Here is my lunch for tomorrow. I received 3 new bento boxes in the mail today and I adore them! :wub:

• Like 7

I love that twins pic of you two :).

Yep...looks like both corals are doing really well for you!!!!

What an adorable lunch!!!! What are the kitties made of? Rice? What's the black stuff with the fruit? Black olives?

• Like 1

I love that twins pic of you two :).

Yep...looks like both corals are doing really well for you!!!!

What an adorable lunch!!!! What are the kitties made of? Rice? What's the black stuff with the fruit? Black olives?

Haha I do also!

The kitties are made of rice. Hard to tell in the picture but they are dyed yellow (the rice underneath everything is just plain) and nori for the features. The black stuff is actually moon drop grapes, I'll take a picture of one. They are really good, I'd never seen them before.

29940457986_b63e030cee_k.jpg

This company also makes cotton candy grapes, they really do taste like cotton candy.

• Like 2

Oh cool! I've seen some grapes that shape before but didn't know what they were called. The cotton candy grapes sound interesting too! Is that soy sauce in that little blue cat/creature container? These are so cool! Do you buy them all prepared like that?

• Like 1

Oh cool! I've seen some grapes that shape before but didn't know what they were called. The cotton candy grapes sound interesting too! Is that soy sauce in that little blue cat/creature container? These are so cool! Do you buy them all prepared like that?

Yep soy sauce in the tiny container. It is a blue bunny. Do you mean did I buy the cats? Or the whole bento premade? I cooked everything inside and made the little kitties myself. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

my stepfather was dutch so stroopwaffles were always a thing.

I would kill to get my mits on one of those littel frozen food trays and wow macna look how delightful.

• Like 1

my stepfather was dutch so stroopwaffles were always a thing.

I would kill to get my mits on one of those littel frozen food trays and wow macna look how delightful.

I need to find some stroopwaffles for Christmas presents this year. I'm sure the rest of my family will love them! I realy like the fish food I've made with the kit. Can't wait to make another batch here soon!

try to locate a dutch store. that's where you'd find them. We have them at our local supermarket though.

I think I'll have to order them online. We don't have a large selection of foreign snacks in nebraska. I see there are lots of flavors that they come in though!

could be luck we live near toronto, this city has all manner of nationality specific grocers and whatnot. british shopts, dutch stores, european grocery, asian stores...

• Like 2

could be luck we live near toronto, this city has all manner of nationality specific grocers and whatnot. british shopts, dutch stores, european grocery, asian stores...

That's super awesome, I'm a little jealous! I love eating ethnic foods and trying new and fun things. I have some really crazy Korean beauty products that I love to use not to mention my love of Japanese bentos!

• Like 1

Talking about ethnic foods! While in Iraq, I was submerged a little into it's ethnic foods. I learned that I like Lamb Kabobs.

But even more so, a Pub or Bar like item, but also served within Iraqi households is a Pickle called Torshi :wub:

I LOVED IT!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tursu

Would be nice if I could find somewhere that I could possibly order a jar online.

• Like 1

Talking about ethnic foods! While in Iraq, I was submerged a little into it's ethnic foods. I learned that I like Lamb Kabobs.

But even more so, a Pub or Bar like item, but also served within Iraqi households is a Pickle called Torshi :wub:

I LOVED IT!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tursu

Would be nice if I could find somewhere that I could possibly order a jar online.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=torshi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atorshi

Not sure if any of those are similar to the kinds you had.

Mmm, lamb kabobs sounds awesome! I've not heard of torshi, but reading the brine ingredients make them sound pretty darn good!

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=torshi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atorshi

Not sure if any of those are similar to the kinds you had.

Mmm, lamb kabobs sounds awesome! I've not heard of torshi, but reading the brine ingredients make them sound pretty darn good!

TY SO MUCH! For the link! Going to Bookmark it :)

What's better, it will also support, I think Sancho? Or was it Jack? I believe it's Sancho ;)

I am going to have to try it and I'll let u know :)

Bear in mind, what I had was Homemade and U know u can't beat Homemade!

TY Martha!

• Like 1

TY SO MUCH! For the link! Going to Bookmark it :)

What's better, it will also support, I think Sancho? Or was it Jack? I believe it's Sancho ;)

I am going to have to try it and I'll let u know :)

Bear in mind, what I had was Homemade and U know u can't beat Homemade!

TY Martha!

No problem! It's Sancho who works for Amazon lol. And you're right, nothing can beat homemade! Maybe try your hand at one of those recipes sometime!

• Like 1

I could, but, trying to get the Veggies that were indigenous to Iraq, well, might be a problem.

Just the different kinds of crunch to them and of course the flavors :)

I could, of course, use veggies readily available.

• Like 1

I could, but, trying to get the Veggies that were indigenous to Iraq, well, might be a problem.

Just the different kinds of crunch to them and of course the flavors :)

I could, of course, use veggies readily available.

True enough, hopefully the already made ones are close to what you had! :D

• Like 1