SaltCritters.com

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

Haha, yeah that was only half of the freebies I got! We got it at Aquatic Experience in Chicago. I would really suggest going if anyone is nearby next year, both fresh and salt water. And yes, we both signed up at the same time for tickets! :happy:

That is a HAUL!!!!! Awesome :happydance:. Looking forward to meeting both of you :).
  • Like 2

That is a HAUL!!!!! Awesome :happydance:. Looking forward to meeting both of you :).

Yes, I'm pleased with the things I was able to find and stock up on! It was a great experience going to the convention!

I can't wait for MACNA! We'll have to go out for drinks! I'm sure it is going to be a blast meeting everyone! I'm so excited. :D

• Like 1

Awh! BRN, I love her! She is adorable! Is she liking your tank so far? :wub:

Straight up loving my system, she moves down the back of the rock a little during midday but she crawls back up at night when the blues are on and shes glowing brighter than the sun.

I just hope my clownfish leaves her alone until shes bigger.

• Like 1

Straight up loving my system, she moves down the back of the rock a little during midday but she crawls back up at night when the blues are on and shes glowing brighter than the sun.

I just hope my clownfish leaves her alone until shes bigger.

Clownfish can be such strange little critters! Hopefully if he does discover her, he loves her gently!! :lol:

Clownfish can be such strange little critters! Hopefully if he does discover her, he loves her gently!! :lol:

Yea everyone needs some gentle loving every now and then. I fed her some of the special blend liquid food i feed my duncans, she loves it. She got all puffy and didnt even spit it out. woot woot

• Like 1

Yea everyone needs some gentle loving every now and then. I fed her some of the special blend liquid food i feed my duncans, she loves it. She got all puffy and didnt even spit it out. woot woot

Sounds like she is going to be doing great in your tank! I can't wait to see more pictures as she grows!!

• Like 1

Sounds like she is going to be doing great in your tank! I can't wait to see more pictures as she grows!!

I anemone proofed my mp10 too, in the middle of the night..... i woke up at like 3am realizing i didnt have the foam cover on it. No milky anemone cereal for me!

• Like 1

I anemone proofed my mp10 too, in the middle of the night..... i woke up at like 3am realizing i didnt have the foam cover on it. No milky anemone cereal for me!

That is certainly something that keeps me from putting in my 5 gal.

Hi Merthynia,

First of all, your tank looks incredible! I own a Fluval spec 3 and I am considering upgrading the Finnex light I bought. So the Nano tide you have, is it the 9 or 15 inch gooseneck?

I'm looking at the Nanobox site and the details about the light are pretty scarce. Do you have the rimless or rim version, and what is the difference?

Any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance!!

Hi Merthynia,

First of all, your tank looks incredible! I own a Fluval spec 3 and I am considering upgrading the Finnex light I bought. So the Nano tide you have, is it the 9 or 15 inch gooseneck?

I'm looking at the Nanobox site and the details about the light are pretty scarce. Do you have the rimless or rim version, and what is the difference?

Any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance!!

Welcome to my thread! I have the Nanobox Tide with the 9 inch gooseneck. I have the rimless version since both of my tanks are rimless. The difference is the base, either being narrower to slip over a rimless tank, or wider to allow room for the rim. This tank has my older model tide without the bluefish controller on it. My newer Tide is on my Limebox Tank a little farther down in the Pico reefs thread or in my signature. Also if you go to the sponsor forum here for Nanobox, there is TONS of information about the light. What are you planning on growing with it?

23306810816_ea39e7830a_k.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Hope everyone had a great day! Stay safe over the next few days if you're going out shopping or if you are in the stormy part of the US this weekend!

• Like 3

Welcome to my thread! I have the Nanobox Tide with the 9 inch gooseneck. I have the rimless version since both of my tanks are rimless. The difference is the base, either being narrower to slip over a rimless tank, or wider to allow room for the rim. This tank has my older model tide without the bluefish controller on it. My newer Tide is on my Limebox Tank a little farther down in the Pico reefs thread or in my signature. Also if you go to the sponsor forum here for Nanobox, there is TONS of information about the light. What are you planning on growing with it?

23306810816_ea39e7830a_k.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Hope everyone had a great day! Stay safe over the next few days if you're going out shopping or if you are in the stormy part of the US this weekend!

Ahh this is great information. Thanks!

I have a few things growing already. Here is my post with latest photos.

The nanobox has a dimmer yes? and do you also have the ability to control the lights through the iOS app? I'm just starting to read into this light and think it's pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Ahh this is great information. Thanks!

I have a few things growing already. Here is my post with latest photos.

The nanobox has a dimmer yes? and do you also have the ability to control the lights through the iOS app? I'm just starting to read into this light and think it's pretty awesome.

Yes, the nanobox is able to be dimmed, you control everything through the Bluefish app. :) I highly suggest the Nanobox lights, they are awesome. The new models are amazing and you can now change the colored tops.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Merthynia,

are you dosing your tank with any extra alk/calcium stuff or Kalkwasser? I am adding an ATO and thinking about using Kalkwasser.

I do manual dosing of alk and calcium. I have not used Kalkwasser before.

is that a mr aqua? I had no idea you had a pico!

It is a JBJ Picotope! :lol: I have TWO picos! My second is a PicO 5g AIO!

• Like 2

I do manual dosing of alk and calcium. I have not used Kalkwasser before.

It is a JBJ Picotope! :lol: I have TWO picos! My second is a PicO 5g AIO!

Got it, and on average how often do you dose a week? I haven't dosed before but just ordered some little fishies stuff and curious how often/how much a pico needs it. Your tank is stocked much more than mine.

• Like 1

Got it, and on average how often do you dose a week? I haven't dosed before but just ordered some little fishies stuff and curious how often/how much a pico needs it. Your tank is stocked much more than mine.

To be honest, I should dose way more often. I usually put it in halfway between water changes, so just once a week. I tend to do large waterchanges though so my parameters aren't off by a whole lot anyway.

• Like 1

To be honest, I should dose way more often. I usually put it in halfway between water changes, so just once a week. I tend to do large waterchanges though so my parameters aren't off by a whole lot anyway.

YOU WONNNNNN THE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLLLERRRRRR

• Like 2