Top Shelf Aquatics

Dpolt's Mixed Reef Tank. (New Shark Diving Pictures).

dpoltsdsu

Update 7/12/16

I haven't posted any pictures for the last couple of weeks, nevertheless, the reef is still doing very well! All the inhabitants seem to be thriving. I am currently looking for a unique fish to add to the mix as I believe my tank can support one more fish. I want it to be something a bit unusual though. The search is on.

About a month ago, I had fragged a Kenya Tree and I put it on a rock in the front bottom of the tank. My original plan was to give it away, however, I think it actually looks quite nice where I put it. It blocks a part of the rock work that doesn't get much light so I think it's in a great location and I plan to keep it there.

Here are a couple of current pictures!

e9PNII3.jpg

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a video that features all of the coral in the tank. I haven't made many videos on this tank so this is a different perspective of the aquarium!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after about three years with this system, I am officially upgrading tanks. I have purchased a Cadlights SAIO 75 gallon system. The tank has some great dimensions and I can use the same equipment that I use now which is a huge plus. I look forward to sharing the new system with all of you!

Oooh! Exciting! What do you plan to do with all the new space? Will you fill it with new corals, or mostly just give your old ones more room to grow out? And how about a few new fish?

Oooh! Exciting! What do you plan to do with all the new space? Will you fill it with new corals, or mostly just give your old ones more room to grow out? And how about a few new fish?

I'm going to get a couple more small rocks to help fill in the tank a bit more but I plan on having more negative space in this tank. I think I may try a two island scape but I'm not completely sure on how that will work yet. I plan on getting a couple more corals but I do want mine to continue to grow out as a lot of them have are starting to turn into colonies at this point.

I'm getting a couple more fish as well. I already bought a Tomini Tang and I think I'm going to get a nice Wrasse for the new reef too!

Archived