Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquarium controller users. I need your help

HawtDogFlvrWtr

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HawtDogFlvrWtr

Really nice looking site and has potential!

Thanks. I'm taking the good parts from similair sites and mashing them together. Soon I hope to ask for sponsorship.. so if anyone knows anyone at companies like apex or the like, who can get me in touch, lemme know :)

HawtDogFlvrWtr

OK. the site is much more useful now to folks. I just finished up the profile stuff (short of a few small details). Now you can modify account information, add, remove and update tanks and submit feature requests or bug reports.

Create an account now and start using it. Let's see if we can make this thing even better.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Now that i've got the tank addition piece worked out. I'm going to be working on integrating your digital aquatics data into the system. I see you've created an account already, so i'm going to add your url to our database and write the routines around it. Expect to start seeing your data under your dashboard in a day or two. Can you verify that the link is still active, as i'm unable to reach it.

Now that i've got the tank addition piece worked out. I'm going to be working on integrating your digital aquatics data into the system. I see you've created an account already, so i'm going to add your url to our database and write the routines around it. Expect to start seeing your data under your dashboard in a day or two. Can you verify that the link is still active, as i'm unable to reach it.

Link should still be active, I can still reach it. My internet was stupid last night so maybe that was the problem.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

It says unable to connect to port. I've tried it from a few systems with no luck. perhaps your ip address changed and dynamic dns entry is stale.

thats weird...my own network runs dynamic so its forwarded through that site. I can access it from this computer which isnt on my network...i dont know what the problem could be. Message me if you have ideas on what to change with my network to make it work, my knowledge is fairly limited in this area so Im not sure how to help.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

ok, the script for pulling digital aquatic controllers is complete. It will poll the address you provide, every 30 minutes and update the graph. If you add one to your account, the graph may take a few hours to populate with useful information, as it builds data over time.

Finishing up the apex one, now.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Note to folks with Digital Aquatic controllers. If you set a custom name of "heater" (case doesn't matter) to whatever port your heater is on, the heater widget will populate. if the cusom name field isn't set, we make our own with the id, module name and sensor name.

Apex folks don't need to worry about this as their XML is much, much better :)

HawtDogFlvrWtr

• added pagination to the gallery because the site has blown up, and folks already have 10 pages in their timeline.

Changed graphs on the dashboard so you can now zoom in by dragging your mouse over the time, and zoom out by double clicking in the graph.

fixed a bug on the tank page when you selected what type of tank it was.

added highlighting to the tank selection and entry type selection, so you know what one you're looking at when you've filtered by it.

Fixed a text escaping bug on the tank page... strings were appearing as escaped in the returned box.. forgot to unescape text before returning it.

Added bulb change under maintenance

The dashboard now automatically updates graphs every 30 minutes and is now ajax driven (this is getting ready for static graphs for folks to post on forums)

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Here are the latest updates:

• Changed the page appearance.. it's less busy now that I've removed the bubble background.
  • Critter names now appear on the timeline instead of fish/coral/plant/invert.
  • A public dashboard is now available for everyone. To use it, simply use the link

http://www.mytankstats.com/MyDashboard.php?username=YOURUSERNAMEHERE

• Fixed a bug where the number of critters wasn't populated correctly upon editing a critter entry.
HawtDogFlvrWtr

If you couldn't tell. Signatures work on this site now. All signatures are now being represented as png's so they will work in any forum. Create an account now and start tracking your tank!

a couple questions/comments.

Is there a way to delete sections of data? for example, I just recalibrated my pH probe and before the calibration is way off (I knew it was and wasnt paying any attention to it). As a result my average is way off.

How/when does the site update with data that is added to the XML? I added a couple of things and renamed a lot of modules but dont see any of those on the dashboard.I also renamed my heater but its not recognized on the dashboard.

I like it though. I write out a lot of my stats and I kind of just like doing it that way but this is about 3 billion times better than trying to look at data directly through the RKE. One idea may be a "general" data input form. I would think most people measure more than one thing at once so you could have one kind of measurement entry form that has pH, salinity, kH, Ca and Mg all on one screen (maybe like NO3, NO2, PO4 as well) so that you could add common things all at once much faster. If you dont enter a value it doesnt get added to the data.

Like it man, keep it up.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

That's a great idea. I can make a form with the most used measurements. As for deleting data, I hadn't thought of that. I can probably add a form for removing data for a certain measurement during a timeframe. Let me look into that. As for the heater piece, I will need to look at that also.

a couple questions/comments.

Is there a way to delete sections of data? for example, I just recalibrated my pH probe and before the calibration is way off (I knew it was and wasnt paying any attention to it). As a result my average is way off.

How/when does the site update with data that is added to the XML? I added a couple of things and renamed a lot of modules but dont see any of those on the dashboard.I also renamed my heater but its not recognized on the dashboard.

I like it though. I write out a lot of my stats and I kind of just like doing it that way but this is about 3 billion times better than trying to look at data directly through the RKE. One idea may be a "general" data input form. I would think most people measure more than one thing at once so you could have one kind of measurement entry form that has pH, salinity, kH, Ca and Mg all on one screen (maybe like NO3, NO2, PO4 as well) so that you could add common things all at once much faster. If you dont enter a value it doesnt get added to the data.

Like it man, keep it up.

Btw, we pull metrics every thirty minutes. You may need to wait until it runs through again. It should collect the new names and add new measurements automatically, though I've not tried it. I will look into that also

That's a great idea. I can make a form with the most used measurements. As for deleting data, I hadn't thought of that. I can probably add a form for removing data for a certain measurement during a timeframe. Let me look into that. As for the heater piece, I will need to look at that also.

Btw, we pull metrics every thirty minutes. You may need to wait until it runs through again. It should collect the new names and add new measurements automatically, though I've not tried it. I will look into that also

one thing I noticed is that the binary outputs dont show up on the dashboard. So the float switch and outlet on/off stats dont show up (and at least a few of those have been on the XML as long as everything else has been). Or maybe there is a maximum number of graphs displayed on the dashboard? And if so where does one see all of them?

HawtDogFlvrWtr

one thing I noticed is that the binary outputs dont show up on the dashboard. So the float switch and outlet on/off stats dont show up (and at least a few of those have been on the XML as long as everything else has been). Or maybe there is a maximum number of graphs displayed on the dashboard? And if so where does one see all of them?

Take a look at the outlets section now. I found a bug that was preventing them from showing. Take a look now and see. also, those switches I don't graph. I only graph parameters, as that's what's been suggested. Would you like a graph of when your switches are off and on? I'm not sure how useful the information will be, but I can try to make it happen in a future release.

Take a look at the outlets section now. I found a bug that was preventing them from showing. Take a look now and see. also, those switches I don't graph. I only graph parameters, as that's what's been suggested. Would you like a graph of when your switches are off and on? I'm not sure how useful the information will be, but I can try to make it happen in a future release.

Well I think it would be helpful to see when and for how long my heater has been on for example. Also see how long my ATO pump is running (and how often).

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Well I think it would be helpful to see when and for how long my heater has been on for example. Also see how long my ATO pump is running (and how often).

I'm going to make it happen. Also, the public dashboards now include a gallery, so others can view your photo's that you've not marked as private.

http://mytankstats.com/MyDashboard.php?username=hawtdogflvrwtr

HawtDogFlvrWtr

ok, We're giving away prizes now for the monthly top tank. This month's prize is a $20 Bulk Reef Supply gift certificate. So far, PRDubois is the leader, from richmondreefers.com! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sign up for an account today, and start competing. 15 points per entry, 30 points if you make an entry with a photo, and all aquacontrollers configured earn 1 point an hour.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

@frankdr

I see you did. You've already taken off, points wise. The collection cycle is every 30 minutes, so your registration was just after the last pull. I went ahead and triggered a pull so you have some data. The next pull is in 5 minutes, at which time, you'll actually have graphs.

Archived