inTank Media Baskets

Marco Rocks "Nano Package"

lessergeneration

lessergeneration

Marco Rocks has a "Nano Package" and i was just looking to see if anyone here has purchased this and was wondering how the sand from them is? I know TE Reef Flakes is the preferred stuff but i make min wage and cant afford to spend $50 on 30lb of sand. I found this option on Marco that includes 20lb of cherry picked rock, 20lb of sand, and free shipping for $71. Basically i just want to know if the "Coarse" sand is of any quality. I know its not as good as the reef flakes but im hoping its close.

IMO, their rocks are great but their sand sucks. I used the "course" sand before in a previous tank and from what I could tell it was just small/medium grained sand with pebbles in it. It is cheap but you get what you pay for.... I would definitely recommend their rocks though.

lessergeneration

IMO, their rocks are great but their sand sucks. I used the "course" sand before in a previous tank and from what I could tell it was just small/medium grained sand with pebbles in it. It is cheap but you get what you pay for.... I would definitely recommend their rocks though.

I liked their sand lol. I used it in my 40b macro reef.

I am now conflicted... But if it is like an Oolite or anything of similar size with the pebbles thrown in then i might have to go with reef flakes as i havent liked small grain sand too much

• 4 weeks later...

Archived