Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

=Ecospire's CAD 34 Mini II= 04/29 update new FTS

Ecospire

Thanks for the input, guys! I really appreciate it. I plan to keep the build thread moving. Not much time left on the cycle.

Update time! Thanks to Slipknot23 I was able to find someone on RC selling an AI Sol Blue. I really like this fixture, even if it is dated, and purchased this members! So in a week or so I should have it in and hung up. Happy to finally have my lighting out of the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Updating for the sake of updating haha. First Sol showed up damaged, having to ship back to sender. Picking up another one from a member on here. As soon as I get the light in and hung I will have more "exciting" updates. Anyways, thanks for tagging along and I hope that everyone is having a great day!

Another update! Just got my new Sol in from gw11ucb. He really hooked me up. This Sol showed up in perfect condition and fired right up. Also purchased my Hydor Smart Level W/ Toms Aqualifter yesterday from Marine Depot and it is scheduled to show up Wednesday. CUC has been cruising around the tank for a little more than a week and things are looking good. Last thing on my list before I start stocking this thing is I need to make a lid. After that, sky is the limit! Thanks again for sticking with me.

Smart Level showed up today. They didn't package it with the plastic portion that is meant to attach the sensor to the suction cup (this is really my luck as of late). So after a phone call to Marine Depot I was told that they would see if they had the part at their warehouse, or would contact Hydor to have them ship me one. Just want to get this setup and running haha.

• 1 month later...

Long overdue update. Tank is doing super well! Trying to purchase a new camera soon so I can stop posting shameful iPhone photos. Currently housing a green clown goby that my fiancé wouldn't let me leave the lfs without and a yellow candy hogfish. Have some watermelon zoas and something else that the guy at the lfs thought was a rhodactis, but I'm not so sure after having it for a few weeks. Anyways, pictures to come soon, and I hope all of your tanks are doing well too!

• 5 months later...

Just a shot of some random zoa's I got for dirt cheap from a LFS a few months back. Paid $20.00 for it and the polyp count has almost doubled.

DSC_0026.jpg

Thanks! I've been very happy given that I have not been giving this tank much attention over the last few months. I didn't even change the water for 8 weeks just with how my work life has been. Tank didn't seem to mind too much, which surprised me. Once I saw my purple torch retracting I knew that I need to change the water haha. This lead to the whole revamp of the tank and I'm happy with the results.

Which brings me to another update. Last Sunday when most of this took place, I started dosing sugar as a means to rapidly drop my nitrates as I have not had the means to make a 50% or larger water change. I've dosed a 1/8th tsp every other day since Sunday and have seen them drop from 160ppm to around 40ppm as of Thursday. I will continue until it is around 10ppm and resume water changes to beat the rest. Everything in the tank looks much more full and happy than I've seen it in a long time.

Archived