Pod Your Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

Couple random photos i just took with my phone.

Green tort, Bonsai in the background showing STN base up.

27112429861_2208fd2f42.jpg

Slimer doing good as always, great growth.

26906231130_817e9fd0da.jpg

Blue stag, great color, starting to show vertical growth.

26575014714_3f14cc292d.jpg

Got this piece in a trade, nice and fuzzy.

26575010604_e0daeb6360.jpg

Kat frag, encrusted nicely, starting to show signs of vertical growth.

26906226130_0d91026519.jpg

• Like 5

My rainbow acans have been growing like crazy. Especially my orange one. I have to take pictures of them, I have at least 15 heads or so now.

• Like 4

Just did a w/c with regulat red sea. Checked alk beforehand. New water was measuring at 8.8 alk. My tanks stable around 10 so ill have to bring it down to the 8s.

I forgot to update after I let the water mix for a couple days. Measured alk at about 8.5. So less than the 9 I initially measured.

Great photos! I really like the color on that blue stag. Very cool.

• Like 1

I forgot to update after I let the water mix for a couple days. Measured alk at about 8.5. So less than the 9 I initially measured.

Great photos! I really like the color on that blue stag. Very cool.

Thats good to hear that were measuring close to the same. Dont know why i never changed salts earlier. Ill have to check calcium eventually since i believe the blue buckets lower than what we aim for. Also have to consider dosing other elements eventually.

Thanks, yea i love the blue stag, really happy its been doing well.

• Like 1

Well the tanks been doing good so far. Everything seems to be stable. With the new salt i can hopefully do more water changes which will keep things happy. Only loss I'm sure i will have is the bonsai as its half dead so far, the fenneri is stressed but so far not showing signs of necrosis. I also bleached my starburst but whatever it'll come around.

• Like 3

I just noticed this on a stylo in my tank. Any thoughts on what causes this? Everything else looks good, and even the rest of the colony is fine.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh man I just realized RAP NY is the 25th and i had to be in another state that day. May have to change my plans....

Is going to RAP the 26th an option?

I just noticed this on a stylo in my tank. Any thoughts on what causes this? Everything else looks good, and even the rest of the colony is fine.

No idea, could be a million reasons. See if anything has changed in your params etc

Is going to RAP the 26th an option?

Probably my only option right now. Supposed to be in Maryland on the 25th and there is no way ill be back in time.

Ahhhhh man I just realized RAP NY is the 25th and i had to be in another state that day. May have to change my plans....

I can't go this year :tears:

• Like 1

I can't go this year :tears:

Ah that sucks. Looks like im probably not going to make it either. Not sure if i can do the 26th as well :(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't logged on here in awhile. Been so busy.

Tanks doing ok, despite my neglect my sps have gotten some decent growth. Alk I'm sure is still too high as some pieces have very light color. Some look unaffected though. Took my doser offline for a few days combined with a w/c or two with blue bucket, should drop over time to around 8ish since blue bucket for me has been mixing around 8.5-8.9 which is still better than my current 11dkh. lol.

Trying to get out of my commitment for the 25th so I can go to RAP. Not going to buy anything, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Just want to go to spend the day on something fun. Might drag the fiance there just to meet some fish friends, I'm sure ill have to bribe her with something since shes not into the fish world.

• Like 5

So at what point do you all consider a sps coral lost. Backstory - My bonsai is half dead, base is completely bone, mid way and up to the tips has flesh, only a few branches of those tips have polyps. Not many polyps though, maybe a few in total. Worth saving or just chuck it. Highly doubt it will recover but the small signs of life have me contemplating what to do.

I saved and regrew my Secale from tiny tips. I'd frag it and remount even if it's a small piece it could pull through, they're pretty tough IME.

• Like 1