inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

rLRrk14.jpg

Lights hung... Overall happy with it, kind of ghetto with the hanging because my original plan failed. But bent some 3/4 conduit which was interesting and took a couple trys to get right. The fans are quite loud, definitely going to replace those for some better ones. Otherwise its pretty legit for $100, visually brighter and no more shadowing at the corners. The overhang isn't terrible which is good.

Got a crappy pic of the katropora... Its a very dark picture but the katroporas starting to color up and get a bit brighter.

VTqixzM.jpg

• Like 5

So im thinking about using the rock i bought to build a new structure / island for the right side. Id remove the one i have and put in a new one. Really just want to make a more flat area with some height to it for alot more acros. The way i have it now its hard to place them.

I still have to add a couple smaller pieces to the left side to add some landings. Should be simple. I definitely decided though that i want montis back. Im going to wait till the beginning of the new year to put in a piece to test. By then the MEN should have died off.

I really like your new light.

You just got extra corners to work around the box then?

Thanks, for $100 its a steal, need to put maybe another $50-75 of replacement drivers / fans, but even with that its great. Nice metal housing, easily modified, lots of potential.

Yep got extra corners, came in packs of 4 i think i just got 2 packs. Its hard though because they are meant to only fit one way, so i had to cut them to be able to make the loop by my return. Kind of hard to explain but if you buy them you would see what im talking about.

Thanks, for $100 its a steal, need to put maybe another $50-75 of replacement drivers / fans, but even with that its great. Nice metal housing, easily modified, lots of potential.

Yep got extra corners, came in packs of 4 i think i just got 2 packs. Its hard though because they are meant to only fit one way, so i had to cut them to be able to make the loop by my return. Kind of hard to explain but if you buy them you would see what im talking about.

I have them. The groove goes one way.

Did alottttt of work on the tank today. Added more dry rock to the scape, easily super glued them in place and the hold is pretty strong. Then glued down all of the frags I had. Quite happy with the outcome, felt good to get all the frags off the rack. Ill try to get a pic soon.

look forward to a picture.

Hey, how active are you on the NJ forum from that swap we met at?

Somewhat active. Don't post all the time but I'm on there daily. Why whats up?

I'm trying to host a shopping spree event at Absolutely Fish. I PMd 'Tanksnstuff' several weeks ago, gave him clarification on the whole thing, answered all his questions. Then never heard back, when I followed up he said the board was split on whether to allow me to post about the event on the forum. He personally liked the idea and he was busy so asked me to PM the president 'magic'. I did and haven't heard back. Just sent a follow up PM today. How difficult can it be to allow a posting or not, surely an answer shouldn't take this long. It's been 6 weeks since I started PMing them.

• Like 1

I'm trying to host a shopping spree event at Absolutely Fish. I PMd 'Tanksnstuff' several weeks ago, gave him clarification on the whole thing, answered all his questions. Then never heard back, when I followed up he said the board was split on whether to allow me to post about the event on the forum. He personally liked the idea and he was busy so asked me to PM the president 'magic'. I did and haven't heard back. Just sent a follow up PM today. How difficult can it be to allow a posting or not, surely an answer shouldn't take this long. It's been 6 weeks since I started PMing them.

That's strange, not sure why its taking long for them to get back to you. Unfortunately I'm not on enough nor really know any of them personally so I cant really help. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Whats the event? I've only been to absolutely fish once before.

That's strange, not sure why its taking long for them to get back to you. Unfortunately I'm not on enough nor really know any of them personally so I cant really help. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Whats the event? I've only been to absolutely fish once before.

Just a shopping event. I've hosted a few at Manhattan Aquariums before. They say "Kat's Club" at the register and get discounts. Manhattan Aquariums offered 25% to the shoppers. Used to have a good turnout.

• Like 1

Just a shopping event. I've hosted a few at Manhattan Aquariums before. They say "Kat's Club" at the register and get discounts. Manhattan Aquariums offered 25% to the shoppers. Used to have a good turnout.

Oh well let me know if its going to happen maybe ill check it out. Hows their coral selection?

Oh well let me know if its going to happen maybe ill check it out. Hows their coral selection?

They opened an aquaculture facility about a year or so ago so they now offer frags ($14.99 and up), whereas they used to only offer large colonies before (still do). They're actually running a special during the week, buy one colony get the other half off.

Prices are reasonable. I have their VIP card which gets 10% off every purchase, plus there is a shopper card, after 7 purchases you get $15 off. I've never bought a colony from them but I was there on Black Friday and have a tenuis colony on my radar now. Waiting till the tank is ready and to see if I have the space for it.

They opened an aquaculture facility about a year or so ago so they now offer frags ($14.99 and up), whereas they used to only offer large colonies before (still do). They're actually running a special during the week, buy one colony get the other half off.

Prices are reasonable. I have their VIP card which gets 10% off every purchase, plus there is a shopper card, after 7 purchases you get $15 off. I've never bought a colony from them but I was there on Black Friday and have a tenuis colony on my radar now. Waiting till the tank is ready and to see if I have the space for it.

Maybe ill jus have to make a trip over there.. have nothing to do today lol.

• Like 1

They special order anything for me, I'm a regular in case that wasn't obvious. :) Blue velvet nudibranchs, foods, they set up a Red Sea Max 250 in the back room, supposedly I inspired it so I feel happy about that. It's a beautiful tank, they call it the soft fringing reef. Leathers, macros, gulf Live Rocks, fat mandarins, such a lovely tank that one is.

Maybe ill jus have to make a trip over there.. have nothing to do today lol.

Good idea. The fish selection this weekend was awesome.

Ask for Patrick Eagen the manager, or Glenn. The owner is Pat, long haired guy big blue eyes that always look surprised. He's sweet.

• Like 1

More crappy photos!!! So I added the extra rock like I said, the majority on the left structure with only two small pieces on the right. All my frags are glued down and ready for growth. Things look a lot better than in these photos, my camera is such a pos. Colors of older corals are coming back and the newer ones are still looking great. Growth is meh, mostly encrusting still, only a little vertical growth on a couple pieces. I did bleach my birdsnest with the new light, got very light w/ minimal PE, but it should jump back.

aUKonAb.jpg?2

O9Yx47Q.jpg

xCrh5i5.jpg

• Like 6