SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

Excited to see your transfer - since I'll be close behind you. How are your Acro's doing?

Everythings doing good. My hawkins started RTNing, I tossed it. It was never doing well for me, had alot of issues with it for some reason.

Current list of SPS I want:

Blue stag

Starburst monti

Pink BN

Mystic monti

Efflo

Spongodes

Setosa

Red / Green common montis

Ora Green BN

SSC

Forest fire digi / red digi

Ponape BN (Mines RTNing / bleached)

There is more but these are the more common ones.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Sorry for the rtn- what do you think happened- alk swing? that's a great list of corals- can't wait to see what you do with the tank. Ck out a bubblegum coral- really nice coral- I have some pics up on my last few pages of mine. Also Dragon Scales are beautiful but a little tempormental - mine Rtn'd in about two weeks

• Like 1

Sorry for the rtn- what do you think happened- alk swing? that's a great list of corals- can't wait to see what you do with the tank. Ck out a bubblegum coral- really nice coral- I have some pics up on my last few pages of mine. Also Dragon Scales are beautiful but a little tempormental - mine Rtn'd in about two weeks

No idea. My ponape is STNing too, but thats because i bleached the crap out of it when i took everything off the rocks.

Ill check those out. Thanks

• Like 1

Found a flatworm today. No idea if its a AEFW or not. Dont see any bite marks but the acro its on was stressed and has had poor PE. I pulled it out and dipped it. Pretty nervous.

omgomgomg

18258671176_356306afe0_z.jpgUntitled by justin arce, on Flickr

50lbs of dry Marco Rock.

Didn't even use probably half of it but i ordered extra so i could really play with the scape. Going to smash one rock for some rubble then sell the rest locally probably.

Updated to do list....

Mortar scape

Get new hole saw ---> Drill tank ---> Paint tank

Get baffles ---> Silicone sump

Clean / rinse rock & sand

Get plywood/shims for stand top (One side isnt flush against the tank bottom)

Buy pipe bender & conduit ---> Make new light hanger ---> Return pipe bender <_<

Make mesh net tops

Buy a couple more buckets ---> Make RODI ---> Salt it up

I reallyyyyyy want to get this up and running by the 13th the latest... Idk if thats going to happen

• Like 3

I reallyyyyyy want to get this up and running by the 13th the latest... Idk if thats going to happen

Stop postin and get to work!!

• Like 2

Had the intentions to do a lot today but really didn't get much done. Need to figure out where im getting the glass cut. Then i need to figure out if i need to put the plywood on the top of the stand. Mortar should get here tomorrow but I don't have much time during the week to work on the tank.

YUSOLAZEE

Wasnt so much about being lazy. Not finding the glass set me back alot. Then im being indecisive on the stand so that set me back as well. Those are the two major things right now.

Two high priority items...

1. Sump baffles

2. Plywood stand top

After i get those figured out i can move onto the rest...

1. Mortar scape --> rinse rock & sand

2. Drill tank

3. Paint tank back

4. Light hangers

I think for the transfer im going to leave the 29 half filled, pull the rocks and put them in a bucket, drain the sump and then move the whole stand out of the location its in since the 40 is going in its place. All coral and fish will stay in the half filled 29. Then once its moved in place i can put the overflow on from the 29, connect the light hangers, then start filling. Then i just have to take everything from the 29 and bam done.

• Like 1

Found a shop to do my glass. Hopefully they cut it good and it fits. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Mortar just came in. Need to decide if my scapes ready to be finalized.

• Like 3

Got the glass today, siliconed the baffles in. A lot harder than i thought it would be... Was a bit sloppy but its not horrid, not like it matters since its the sump anyway. Also got the new return pump, Sicce syncra 2.0. I thought it was going to be too much flow for the 300gph glass holes overflow after the 4 feet head loss but its just right. Wish i went with the bigger one so i could run the reactor off of it but oh well. Might be able to still do the reactor but ill see.

• Like 3