Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Dooood! I strongly think that we the NanoReefers need some photographic updates of this bad boy reeeaaaal soon!!

Heh, this is the neglected tank. Will try to get pics soon.

So i'm running a current orbit marine LED on my tank (same as yours) and was looking to get more color from my zoas and ricordea. Do you think your lighting would be a better upgrade for me? Also do you think you could keep any SPS with this light?

There are other members here running the current orbit marine with their Specs and they look pretty good. I do think the Nanobox Tide will give you even better colors and it will handle any corals you put in the tank. SPS is not a problem at all. I would recommend a gooseneck for the mounting though.

• Like 2

There are other members here running the current orbit marine with their Specs and they look pretty good. I do think the Nanobox Tide will give you even better colors and it will handle any corals you put in the tank. SPS is not a problem at all. I would recommend a gooseneck for the mounting though.

Great info and very helpful! Is there a specific gooseneck you recommend since you have this light on the same tank? Where did you get yours from?

I get decent color from my LEDs but I think the nano box would be the upgrade I need.

Great info and very helpful! Is there a specific gooseneck you recommend since you have this light on the same tank? Where did you get yours from?

I get decent color from my LEDs but I think the nano box would be the upgrade I need.

I dont have the gooseneck but I seen people with gooseneck mounts on their spec and it looks better. Shoot Dave an email. I got mine directly from NanoboxReef.com. He's a sponsor here, and he's very active on the forum. He will hook you up with what you need.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

this just happened :D

https://flic.kr/p/phPBL2'>15286560157_6ee608e20e.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/phMXsc'>15286236179_d415971ffe.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/phMWPZ'>15286234079_474ac7ed92.jpg

The actual skimmer is tiny compared to the box it came in. It's gonna look sooo sleek with the Spec. I will probably hang it on the right hand side in the back. The container it comes in is also for holding skimmate. Such great design. Can't wait to set this up this weekend.

• Like 7

Thanks everyone! I really hope the skimmer will help with the turf algae and red cyano. So far, it's been just manual scrubbing, and I am getting tired of it =P. My clownfish is also looking real skinny cuz I am afraid of overfeeding this tank. I only feed every 2-3 days. Poor thing.

I didn't expect the skimmer to arrive in 2 days so I haven't gotten the air pump yet. That should be here on Thursday and I get to play with it more. Looks really neat so far.

Put the MAME skimmer together tonight but forgot to get air line tubing. Blah. But I mounted it so you guys can see how sexy this thing is. The instruction is all in japanese but the big pictures made it real easy to follow. I love how unobtrusive it is. It should fit inside the return pump chamber if the heater is taken out, but since it's so sexy, I decided to mount it in the display. For now, it's at the far right but I may move it to the far left. Very easy to adjust so will play around with it more since I get the air pump going.

A skimmer that actually looks good.

15497153961_ae67142db8.jpg

My tiny clownfish approves

15313650268_d301a5075a.jpg

View of the mounting hardware.

15477158946_e22bc0f90d.jpg

• Like 7