Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

MisturrTinnie

So jealous of your spec v. I need to find rock work like yours. Turning mine into a frag grow out tank now, so need more frags! My new lighting is coming tuesday so I'll have to update my rock work and lighting.

• Like 1

If your still looking to drill holes these work amazingly. I use them on other things but I did try them out on my rock and they make great holes for frags. Very smooth, don't have to worry about cracking the rock. http://www.lowes.com/pd_192925-28303-1211416DGDS_4294607730__?productId=50073335&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

I was stoked about the gorg tank but nvm lol. I almost went that route cause the spec flow was driving me nuts for awhile.

• Like 1

If your still looking to drill holes these work amazingly. I use them on other things but I did try them out on my rock and they make great holes for frags. Very smooth, don't have to worry about cracking the rock. http://www.lowes.com/pd_192925-28303-1211416DGDS_4294607730__?productId=50073335&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

I was stoked about the gorg tank but nvm lol. I almost went that route cause the spec flow was driving me nuts for awhile.

thanks man! i may just get that.

i want gorgs at the right side since most of the flow is there. but it's also the dimmest there. i have the frag rack there now so cant get gorgs yet.

• Like 1

thanks man! i may just get that.

i want gorgs at the right side since most of the flow is there. but it's also the dimmest there. i have the frag rack there now so cant get gorgs yet.

I was gonna do the same to the right side! Flows nuts over there. You could do NPS gorgs. Just do larger water changes for the extra feedings. I have no clue what I'm gonna put on the rock over there. Maybe some lower light zoas or something.

Gorgonians are great. I had 3 different varieties in my tank. Putting them in a low light area is fine and directing a little flow on them with some target feeding will make them open up and be happy.

Some pictures since I had the camera out already for my 12 gallons birthday "party"

Glued a few more rics to the rock

https://flic.kr/p/oBfw2Y'>14838758858_5630f8dafb.jpg

Blue sympodium looking really good lately. So much greener than what I see online. I even bought another frag off the same seller and the color does not compare. I hope the new frag turns this green too.

https://flic.kr/p/oBfw91'>14838759208_79f0f894d8.jpg

Love me some cheap zoas

https://flic.kr/p/oBeSJH'>14838633389_9e32c16e49.jpg

Shrimp saying hi. He's a jerk. Pinches my hand whenever I mess with the tank.

https://flic.kr/p/oTH6eA'>15025007392_9f2fcccfa0.jpg

• Like 9

Love the photos, especially the one of the sympodium. I also glued a few ricordia to a rock today. Guess great minds think alike :)

Didn't know you had a 5g, too :)

Happy 1st for the 12g!

Thanks! In this tank, I glue all the rics to the rock but in the 12g, the rics are just on the sandbed. Gonna see if rock vs sandbed has any effect on rics splitting. Of course the lighting and water chemistry is different too in the two tanks...but we will see =P.

Pics amazing as always man! I have some symposium and its mostly blue. Was going to grow it on the backwall but I've read it grows reallllllll slow. Got any good recommendations on cheap zoas online?

Pics amazing as always man! I have some symposium and its mostly blue. Was going to grow it on the backwall but I've read it grows reallllllll slow. Got any good recommendations on cheap zoas online?

yea, it grows realllly slow. i had that frag almost 3 months now and it got maybe 20% bigger? and that 20% happened in the past 3 weeks.

cheap zoas online? hmm...i think anything online depends a lot on shipping. I usually order from places close to Chicago so shipping is not $50. I read on another thread that glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture gonna be listing alot of zoas this week. I remember he did a special for $100 for 75 polyps of zoa before, and they looked pretty sweet.

• Like 2

yea, it grows realllly slow. i had that frag almost 3 months now and it got maybe 20% bigger? and that 20% happened in the past 3 weeks.

cheap zoas online? hmm...i think anything online depends a lot on shipping. I usually order from places close to Chicago so shipping is not $50. I read on another thread that glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture gonna be listing alot of zoas this week. I remember he did a special for $100 for 75 polyps of zoa before, and they looked pretty sweet.

Close, but backwards. It was 100 polyps for $79 shipped :)

• Like 1

That tank is too small for a tang, just in case you were thinking about it.

I'm pretty sure he knows that lol

I think he meant you Cameron =P.

Close, but backwards. It was 100 polyps for $79 shipped :)

Dang, I really should have gotten in on that. Haha.
  • Like 1

Damn I wish my blue sympodium looked like that...

try putting down under higher light. my new frag was mostly dark blue when i got it, now it's starting to turn more green like the other one after putting it under high light.

• 3 weeks later...

So i'm running a current orbit marine LED on my tank (same as yours) and was looking to get more color from my zoas and ricordea. Do you think your lighting would be a better upgrade for me? Also do you think you could keep any SPS with this light?