ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Kalanianaole

Would love to see a full pic of the back wall. Debating on doing a xenia wall in mine. Has the xenia been in long enough to noticed a dip in nutrients?

Would love to see a full pic of the back wall. Debating on doing a xenia wall in mine. Has the xenia been in long enough to noticed a dip in nutrients?

by the amount of GHA growing, i would say no dip in nutrients =P

• Like 1

Do you pull out the rock where the Ric's are to glue them on each time you get some new ones??

yup. i pulled that rock out 10+ times already to scrub GHA off every few weeks or glue rics or glue zoas or just vacuum the sand underneath it.

• Like 1

Not much going on in this tank. I moved the rock all the way to the left so my torch stops stinging the crap out of everything. I still can't get good pictures of this tank compared to my 12 gallon. I zoom into my pics and things are just distorted and blurry. Blah.

New FTS. Why is it soooo fuzzy.

14526452520_954f72ff40.jpg

Rics on the rock

14690136836_877cd37e34.jpg

• Like 6

Man how is the Spec V doing? I'm thinking of removing my 24gph and just upgrading to the 606, and glueing the sidewall...

I think the tank will look cleaner without the 240. BUT I do have a dead spot at the back of the tank that's contributing to lots of GHA near the bottom of the rock. But I think that's just because my rock is huge and blocks alot of flow to the back. My torch and frogspawn has plenty of flow on the other side.

Not much going on in this tank. I moved the rock all the way to the left so my torch stops stinging the crap out of everything. I still can't get good pictures of this tank compared to my 12 gallon. I zoom into my pics and things are just distorted and blurry. Blah.

New FTS. Why is it soooo fuzzy.

Rics on the rock

When Jacky posts a FTS..........

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

LOVE IT DUDE!! Looks so good!!!! The little Clown! :wub:

Ah man that purple fish looks so cool what is it!!?

Sorry about the coral war :( I'll switch you - I'll take your coral war and you can have my "flukes war" haha just kidding. Your tank is too beautiful for that!!!

Ah man that purple fish looks so cool what is it!!?

Sorry about the coral war :( I'll switch you - I'll take your coral war and you can have my "flukes war" haha just kidding. Your tank is too beautiful for that!!!

That purple fish is just a blue springer's damsel =P. The light makes it look purple. These "wars" keep things interesting for us....haha

• Like 1

How do you like being without a top? My lid is super ugly. Lots of "spills" from topping up, water evaporation stains, salt stains, and glue stains from gluing my screen mesh over the hole to prevent jumpers. Love the look though :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, I am so FREAKING jealous of this little pico. So so so nice. Dang. Make me want a clown in my 5g ;)

dooo it when you sort out your tank issues =). my clown looks so tiny in the 5g. i am sure it will grow fast though. it hosts the neon hammer at night; so adorable.

I want a fish, and my wife REALLY wants a fish. Just waiting on a local reefer who is willing to give a yellowtail damsel to me.

The tank "issues" aren't really issues now. I just have some updates coming, but I want to get those in place and situated before I start adding more livestock.

• Like 1

Took the rock out today to drill some holes but couldn't do it...my drill bits were nasty looking and I am scared the rock will split or fall apart if I drill it. BUT I took off the stock return nozzle and my flow is sooo much better now. The stock return nozzle blocks so much flow. Hopefully this will fix the lack of flow in the back of the tank. It also make the tank look even cleaner now with no visible return nozzle or pump.

Finally (sorry for all the edits), I plan to turn this into a gorgonian tank.

Spiderguardnano

Took the rock out today to drill some holes but couldn't do it...my drill bits were nasty looking and I am scared the rock will split or fall apart if I drill it. BUT I took off the stock return nozzle and my flow is sooo much better now. The stock return nozzle blocks so much flow. Hopefully this will fix the lack of flow in the back of the tank. It also make the tank look even cleaner now with no visible return nozzle or pump.

Finally (sorry for all the edits), I plan to turn this into a gorgonian tank.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

scratch the gorgonian tank idea. that will have to wait a bit cuz i just added a frag rack to this tank so i can start growing out frags that are all over my 12 gallon tank and sell them all for really cheap to local new reefers.

• Like 1