Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Keep it for a mantis or something. Gertie is not yet 2" and she sits mostly in one rock on the very right side of the tank. Easy to keep, I have a cheapo skimmer on it and she was doing just fine w/ a little marineland strip across the top. Hob AC30, I keep 2 of 'em for more movement & carbon & floss and that's it. Easy. Or do a pest tank or something like a sebae anemone for your white kitchen along w/ some red/green macros. And a cheap Hydor Koralia on each side.

Sweet shot of the tank. My fish go nuts for any of the reef frenzy foods, a little weird your not getting a feeding response. May just take a little more time. Too much longer I'd maybe quarantine and try some medicine,Mehta I don't know, maybe just an all around type med with something more for parasites. Probably nothing, good luck on your 75....not so nano. Why didn't you choose the cad tanks?

• Like 1

The FTS looks beautiful man, absolutely beautiful!! Love the clowns too. Amazing!

I think I want to upgrade/ change lights over to what you have..

Dooo it. Dave @nanobox will hook you up.

Sweet shot of the tank. My fish go nuts for any of the reef frenzy foods, a little weird your not getting a feeding response. May just take a little more time. Too much longer I'd maybe quarantine and try some medicine,Mehta I don't know, maybe just an all around type med with something more for parasites. Probably nothing, good luck on your 75....not so nano. Why didn't you choose the cad tanks?

Cuz they dont offer the dimension I want. I hate the dimensions they currently offer. And I heard their plumbing sucks and I dont want to buy a tank only to replace half of the stock stuff...

• Like 2

There old plumbing sucked, but the newer stuff is just like any other. I hear you on the dimension, but the height is growing on me. I still have there 45 shallow. I was thinking of hooking it up for a frag tank.

• Like 1

Cute clowns :wub:

Any luck getting them to eat? Mine are weird. They won't touch mysis or anything frozen. But they go nuts for Formula One Pellets. Nothing reaches the sand until they get full. Maybe ask the breeder what he fed them?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The tank isn't in the best of shape since I was planning to retire it. Most of the corals been moved out.

But since my 12g went down, this tank will be getting my full attention now and will not be retired. Instead, I will try and get it to the same quality as my 12g.

Will update with some pics soon. Any ideas of what to do with it? Right now, it has a huge maxi mini, some zoas, 1 acan, a couple of rics, GSP everywhere, and my snowflake clown from the 12g.

• Like 4
Cameron6796

poccilpora tank... they grow fast and look really fluffy and nice. Euphylia tank??? ive always wanted to do that and the twelve was so Euphylia dominant it could be nice.

• Like 1

Room view. The white tank matches the rest of my furnitures =).

25319194933_89a8628b90_c.jpg

omgomgomg
Crazy overgrown weed corals and a ton of inverts , that's my plan anyway.

I have lots of GSP so check for the weed corals.

What about a certain species only tank? maxi minis and shrimp.

That sounds pretty good but the one maxi mini has almost taken over the entire rock. Maybe I will add some white spotted anemone shrimps.

poccilpora tank... they grow fast and look really fluffy and nice. Euphylia tank??? ive always wanted to do that and the twelve was so Euphylia dominant it could be nice.

Too small for euphylia. I have a small frogspawn in here now for the clown to host. Poccilpora is SPS right? Not sure if I want to go that route...

I thought a 5 gal was too small for clowns? Am i missing something?

You would want 10 gallons for a clown but this guy been with me 2.5 years now and he's not going anywhere =P. He should be fine in the 5 gallon since the Spec is very long.

• Like 7

Love this white house of yours!.

Thanks! 4 months in and we are enjoying it more every day. Although we had a few hiccups with the furnace not working during the winter and windows leaking water when it rains. But all is fixed now.

• Like 2

we lived in a 900 sq feet condo for 8 years before getting a house. my fav part of the house is the....garage!

Been a touch over eight years so far in this 667.4sq ft one bedroom apartment style condo, and we're thinking probably another 3-5 years but such is life. Not the best of designs (it was made back in 1961), but at the same time, at least they put a good chunk of the space into the living room (15x17'). I should be saving up for a down payment on a house, but instead I'm saving up for a Reefer 250 and a NanoBox light. ^_^;;; Tank will make the time saving up go by a lot faster ^_^

A garage is something I can't wait to have again, was too much fun stealing it from the parents on a regular basis back when I lived with them :P

• Like 1

Ohhhhhhhhhh plot twist, damn dude!! You're bringing this back !! I'm so stoked to see this, it's gonna make me sad/ miss my Spec... maybe, only a little though.. cuz I love the 20 haha! :P

• Like 1