inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Wow... The skimmer alone is $100+... What a moron.. NanoBox lights are the BMW's of the lighting industry,they're value doesn't drop much. Shit people still want $180 for the original Mono lol.

• Like 1

most locals have big tanks so they dont put much value into nanos. most of them never heard of nanobox or mame. i am just trying to sell the livestock first, then the tank. if no good offers for the livestock, i will just wait and transfer everything over to the new tank in a month or so and then part out the tank

• Like 1

NanoBox lights are the BMW's of the lighting industry.

Some would consider that as an insult to NB lights lol.

Sorry to hear about the move my friend but best of luck. I'm sure you will be back with a vengeance once you are settled.

• Like 1

Some would consider that as an insult to NB lights lol.

Sorry to hear about the move my friend but best of luck. I'm sure you will be back with a vengeance once you are settled.

I am ordering the tank before I even order furnitures. Red Sea Reefer 350 with Kessil AP 700, coming in November. so excited for it.

• Like 4

I just read back through this entire post. It will be crazy seeing the big new tank that you are getting. Do you have any recent FTS of the tank? If you do end up parting it out, I'd be interested in the mame skimmer. I've wanted to test one of those out on my tank. I'm hoping that you get better offers for your whole set up.

• Like 1

I just read back through this entire post. It will be crazy seeing the big new tank that you are getting. Do you have any recent FTS of the tank? If you do end up parting it out, I'd be interested in the mame skimmer. I've wanted to test one of those out on my tank. I'm hoping that you get better offers for your whole set up.

I was gonna take some pics tonight but GSP decided to close up still from water change on Sunday...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank not doing so well after the move. Everything still receded 48 hours later and clownfish died =(. My other tank is doing find though. Blah!

Hey Ninja, I was wondering what kind of heater you have in the Spec V? Thanks

I replaced the onyx with two tiny snowflakes =). There's a local guy that breeds designer clownfish. He has thousands of them with 10+ pairs of breeders. Snowflakes, onyx, wyoming, frostbites, picasso...you name it, he has it.

The new snowflakes will go into the new 75 gallon once it's cycled. I am still debating what to do with this tank...

1. Sell the whole thing as a package with light / corals / rock / tank
  2. Move the rock into the big tank with the corals and sell just the light + tank
  3. Keep the darn thing and put it in the basement (do I really want 3 tanks?? but this one is so easy...just need to find an ATO for it)
  4. Keep the darn thing as a QT tank and move everything to the big tank
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear about the loss : ( Keep it as a coral only tank. I'll be leaving mine as a softy/Macro tank and let it go wild since I have the 22G long up and running. I do so little to it, that topping it off every 3 days isn't an issue for me.

1. Move the rock into the big tank with the corals and sell just the light + tank

This is the option I'd personally chose! :) I might keep mine though when I upgrade as just put the tank in storage, may transfer my light over to a Nuvo 20 if I do, but I'd either sell or just keep it in storage!

We need some pics of these new baby clowns!!

• Like 3

New FTS =). I love those clowns!!! Initially I thought they had too much white, but they are so cute! They are not eating though which worries me...

22318935216_43bf0711de_c.jpg

Fantastic shot there. Those clowns make me want to get a bigger tank, but space issues. :unsure:

• Like 1

New FTS =). I love those clowns!!! Initially I thought they had too much white, but they are so cute! They are not eating though which worries me...

22318935216_43bf0711de_c.jpg

Have you tried feeding them Mysis? Mine go nuts for that!

Did you see them eat at the LFS?

• Like 1

Have you tried feeding them Mysis? Mine go nuts for that!

Did you see them eat at the LFS?

I fed them Larry's Reef Frenzy which has Mysis I think. But they still wont eat it. It's making the tank super dirty with all the food I am throwing in there for them...

I got them at a local breeder who has like 1,000s of them in his tanks so I didn't watch them eat =P.

That looks so awesome on the kitchen counter!!

Yea, it's making me want to keep it...haha. But 3 tanks...sigh....