inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Yes, the color was very faded when it was hiding on the side without much light. Then one day it just decided to climb all the way to the top and sunbathe under the light....and destroy my zoa colonies....

That's just what nems do, destroy anything as long as they are happy haha.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

What is your maintenance routine?

Just weekly water change and daily turkey baster to the rock and bottom

How are you liking bare bottom?

Love it. It's so easy to turkey baster the bottom and kick all the detritus up. I still have some sand in the back that I need to get out. I vacuum out a section a week but soon I am gonna take the rock out and vacuum everything out.

• Like 1

Just weekly water change and daily turkey baster to the rock and bottom

Love it. It's so easy to turkey baster the bottom and kick all the detritus up. I still have some sand in the back that I need to get out. I vacuum out a section a week but soon I am gonna take the rock out and vacuum everything out.

My pico (when I eventually set it up here at work) is going to be bare-bottom for the sake of keeping maintenance easy and avoiding the problems that sand causes in pico-sized tanks.

• Like 1

My pico (when I eventually set it up here at work) is going to be bare-bottom for the sake of keeping maintenance easy and avoiding the problems that sand causes in pico-sized tanks.

Go GSP bottom. Any detritus that falls to the bottom ends up feeding the GSP. win-win

• Like 1

Go GSP bottom. Any detritus that falls to the bottom ends up feeding the GSP. win-win

Oh wow, great idea. I'm setting up a pico right now, good thing I didn't buy sand yet!

I have a huge rock of pink start polyps, I should frag that and put it on one end, and put some gsp on the other end...then wait for them to collide lol

• Like 1

Oh wow, great idea. I'm setting up a pico right now, good thing I didn't buy sand yet!

I have a huge rock of pink start polyps, I should frag that and put it on one end, and put some gsp on the other end...then wait for them to collide lol

The growth pics will be epic =P

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump for updates. :flower:

quick update...i posted this for sale on local forum =(. Moving soon and really can't take care of 3 tanks once I upgrade. I am going to try and sell the whole thing as a package since the rock fits it perfectly. Gonna miss this little tank!

• Like 1

quick update...i posted this for sale on local forum =(. Moving soon and really can't take care of 3 tanks once I upgrade. I am going to try and sell the whole thing as a package since the rock fits it perfectly. Gonna miss this little tank!

:( Why the hell don't we live closer to each other?

• Like 1

Sad day! I'm glad I got to see it in person though! I know you'll make your next tank just as stunning.

• Like 2

How ridiculous are people!! Did the guy even know how to reef? or was it going to be his first tank? Cuz you don't offer such a piddly amount. That irks me so bad and I'm not even the one selling it.

• Like 2