Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Glad things are turning around. Corals are like people, they hate change. I've learnt that the hard way myself.

yup, I just need to razor off more nuclear palys off the main rocks and no more big changes. Then load it with zoas, mushies, and other softies.

Sorry to hear about your fish. My friend had maxi min, when I saw how fast it snatched up food, I was like, uh no. Much more of a predator than any rock flower.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your fish. My friend had maxi min, when I saw how fast it snatched up food, I was like, uh no. Much more of a predator than any rock flower.

yea, that's why I can't get a clown goby here or blenny. The maxi mini is ALOT more sticky than RFAs.

it's gonna get even better! new Saltcritters order coming in tomorrow with new rics and acans and zoas.

Woo hoo! This makes me so happy!

• Like 3

I am thinking of doing similar rock. What was it you used again - the ceramic rock or something?

Vidarock but I got crazy algae in both my nano tanks using these rocks. So not sure if I recommend them. They also very hard to find now.

Woo hoo! This makes me so happy!

have a little upgrade in the works too =P

• Like 1

That is a greedy little anemone you have! Have you ever actually seen it eat the fish?

i have not but after the wrasse went missing, the anemone was retracted back into its hole most of the day. I tried opening it with forcep and flashlight and did not see a dead body in its mouth. The wrasse was fairly small though, like 1 1/2 inches. So was the missing banggai....

• Like 2

i have not but after the wrasse went missing, the anemone was retracted back into its hole most of the day. I tried opening it with forcep and flashlight and did not see a dead body in its mouth. The wrasse was fairly small though, like 1 1/2 inches. So was the missing banggai....

I didn't like this because of your eaten fish - but the thought of you using forceps and a flashlight on the nem cracked me up.

• Like 2

Vidarock but I got crazy algae in both my nano tanks using these rocks. So not sure if I recommend them. They also very hard to find now.

have a little upgrade in the works too =P

Riiiiight that was what they were called. Hmmmm. Probably not worth hunting down

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

i have not but after the wrasse went missing, the anemone was retracted back into its hole most of the day.

Kind of like this? Anemone seems guilty to me haha

4221396001_4299230932001_HAHA.jpg?pubId=

• Like 3

Kind of like this? Anemone seems guilty to me haha

4221396001_4299230932001_HAHA.jpg?pubId=

hahah exactly!

I didn't like this because of your eaten fish - but the thought of you using forceps and a flashlight on the nem cracked me up.

going Operations on the nem

• Like 2

Saltcritters order came. As expected, rics look a little bleached. No biggie, they will color up soon. They are bright yellowish now so they look kinda cool. The acans though were disappointing. Dark brown / orange color. Maybe they will color up more too.

If anyone wants to order from them, here's a coupon code for 20% off, "Easy20". One time use. Expires 9/1.

• Like 2

The new Fluval Evo 12 dimension: 22 x 11.6 x 15

My current Fluval Spec V dimension: 20.5 x 11.6 x 7.5

So I can keep my existing rock and get more room on the side. Right now, the rock is almost touching both glass and it's annoying. Time to upgrade!!!

• Like 3

This reminds me of the time one of my st. thomas mushrooms ate a perfectly healthy dottyback. Looked in tank..all was well with the fish. Left to pick up my son from school, back 30 min. later and the mushroom was all puffed up and I could see the fish inside of it omgomgomg. I pulled out the mushroom, forced open the mouth and pulled out my dead fish :o.

This reminds me of the time one of my st. thomas mushrooms ate a perfectly healthy dottyback. Looked in tank..all was well with the fish. Left to pick up my son from school, back 30 min. later and the mushroom was all puffed up and I could see the fish inside of it omgomgomg. I pulled out the mushroom, forced open the mouth and pulled out my dead fish :o.

omg, i didn't know there are killer mushrooms too! Crazy! They don't even string, how did it paralyze the fish???

omg, i didn't know there are killer mushrooms too! Crazy! They don't even string, how did it paralyze the fish???

I don't think it paralyzed it to catch it. This was in my little 12g NC. There wasn't a lot of room in there and the mushroom was really big and stuck to the side glass with rock right in front of it. It was able to close up around the fish before it could get away. I don't know...crazy stuff for sure! The fish was absolutely perfectly healthy though.
  • Like 1

I don't think it paralyzed it to catch it. This was in my little 12g NC. There wasn't a lot of room in there and the mushroom was really big and stuck to the side glass with rock right in front of it. It was able to close up around the fish before it could get away. I don't know...crazy stuff for sure! The fish was absolutely perfectly healthy though.

same thing with the anemone. when it stretches, it covers a majority of the rock and can touch the side of the glass. that's why i am upgrading!!!

Spiderguardnano

Spoke to my lfs and I guess as long as they have a fluval act they can special order it

I also contacted fluval on fb and just give you a distributor list on there website so that's what I did just typed in my city and bam

Also I'm hoping those mini jebao dc pumps can fit in it. Have you seen them yet?

If not I'll have to remove the baffle and glue it more forward like what did on my spec