Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

Hey ninja, just wonder but are you using the regular size Chemi pure elite? and how much purigen are you using in your tank? im also thinking about adding it to my tank :D since im just running floss and sponge atm :P

Chemi-pure Elite - 3.1 oz

Purigen - 100ml

In my 12g, I use the regular 6.5oz CPE. I got the 3.1 oz from inTank when I ordered my mp10 over thanksgiving. I got like 3 of them to last me a year till the next thanksgiving deal. Not many places sell the 3.1 oz. I dont think there's a problem with using the 6.5 oz though.

I just transferred 2 frags of zoa, 2 frags of bleached rics, and a bleached superman monti from my 12g to this tank tonight. Those corals are not doing well in my main tank so may as well try them in this new tank =P.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated this thread for a couple of reasons:

1). The power supply for storm controller stopped working, but Dave rushed a new one to me. AWESOME customer service, replacing parts that he's not even responsible for. This is why I like to support small businesses that truly understands customer service.

2). Been struggling with SPS issues in my main tank and neglecting this one. I have now decided SPS is my kryptonite, and will just let things be. Time to make this LPS / softie tank rock!

Transferred a few rics, zoas, and acans from main tank to this one. Will continue to move things over slowly. The red macro algae been growing like weed and nicely filling out that corner. I plan to do a ric garden on the bottom on the cave and line the entire rock with zoas. The open right area will be full of acans and maybe rock anemones. Not sure where to put frogspawn and torch yet but will decide when I get them. This is gonna be a fun low maintenance tank!

Got a new firefish today so here are two quick pictures. Not the best pictures since I didn't use tripod or turn off the pumps.

12421204073_62e5073857_c.jpg

12421538804_10dbcbf35d_z.jpg

• Like 4

Crossing my fingers this firefish won't hide like the other one in my 12 gallon. It was out most of the night except it was going crazy bouncing from one end to the other when i try to feed it some ova nutramar. It was so scared, it didn't eat any. Blah. Now light's out and it's hiding under the macroalgae. Really really really hope it will come out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Crossing my fingers this firefish won't hide like the other one in my 12 gallon. It was out most of the night except it was going crazy bouncing from one end to the other when i try to feed it some ova nutramar. It was so scared, it didn't eat any. Blah. Now light's out and it's hiding under the macroalgae. Really really really hope it will come out tomorrow.

He looks really good in there :).
  • Like 1

not to mention they give you TONS! i ended up giving more than half the order away to local reefers.

Oh that's right...you ordered when I did :). I thought you just placed an order. They are definitely the go-to place for macros!!!

Sooo...firefish died after 4 days. No idea why. *sigh*. I love firefish but just dont have luck with them. Looking for stocking options. Here's list of fish I want to get but can't:

Six-line - tank too small

Royal Gramma - tank too small

Clownfish - already have one in my other tank

What other options do I have? I want a fish that swims around a lot or remain in open water. I like the yellow clown goby, but they don't swim around that much.