Innovative Marine Aquariums

"Little" Problem with your 180w Power supply

Exquitas

Hello LEDgroupbuy,

I finally got the time to wire all my LEDs I've purchased from you up, thanks again for the great LEDs :)

But there seems to be a problem with the 180w Power Supply I've also purchased from you.

The LED's are all wired up correctly with the Meanwell 700HW Drivers (I'm pretty sure about this because the LEDs & Power Supply worked correctly for approx. 10mins).

Well after those approx. 10mins without changing anything to the system (I was actually checking how fast my heatsinks heat up) I heard a "hiss" (dunno how you call this sound in english ...) from the power supply and immediately after this sound the LEDs went black and the power supply turned itself off.

Since then the green LED on the Power Supply doesn't light up anymore (even with the LED/Driver circuit unplugged).

Some more infos about the LEDs I'm using per Driver:

- Driver -> 2x Deep Red

- Driver -> 2x Exotic Hyper Violet LED - 430nm

- Driver -> 8x XT-E Royal Blue

- Driver -> 2x Cool White + 3x Neutral White

(All LEDs are in row not parallel)

The LEDs are currently running @100% since my controller hasn't arrived yet.

Any suggestions? ...

P.S. Don't ask me if I smelled something from the power supply right after the sound ... I've the flu right now so smelling anything isn't an option right now ;)

68a685255348097e81a4460393f7c18743fe72cb

What farkwar said makes perfect sense. It's English slang for breaking a component in electricals which is usually caused by a component overheating. When the component cracks from the heat and preasure blue smoke leaks out from the fried bits within.

Archived