Pod Your Reef

Reef Confessions

Graver

I have never QT'd. Ever. I haven't tested in over a year. I do WC's now every other week, if that.

I bought 2 good size turbo snails for GHA control. They knocked over almost everything the first three
hours I had them. And didn't eat a thing! Took them out and threw them out the back patio door into
the back yard. Good fertilizer! :)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent 100 bucks on equipment to top off and am still too lazy to make sure the bucket is full. Water is at 1.030 right now and this happens pretty often during the drier months.

My tanks glass also hasn't been scraped in probably 2.5+ months.

I have never QT'd. Ever. I haven't tested in over a year. I do WC's now every other week, if that.

I bought 2 good size turbo snails for GHA control. They knocked over almost everything the first three

hours I had them. And didn't eat a thing! Took them out and threw them out the back patio door into

the back yard. Good fertilizer! :)

I've also never qtd.

I had a hermit once that insisted in climbing up my derasa all day long, so I superglued his hole shut so he would suffer.

In other words, crabs were irritating my clam so I applied a tube of gel on the problem :)

I told myself no more corals but when I went to the LFS today I looked any ways.. Thankfully I didn't see any thing I wanted. So hard to resist..

Angel<3Nanos

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who doesn't quarantine anything. It's good to have that monkey off my back. I definitely understand the desire to throw destructive snails and crabs out the window but... they didn't choose to be in your tank, you put them there (even if they hitch-hiked). Be responsible and fine a new suitable home for them.

Be responsible and QT for the sake of fish....

Oh you didnt like that???? Lmao.

It was just ONE crab. Ive never again done it.

I know a friend with a mantis shrimp, i guess its ok to buy crabs and dump them in there to be eaten alive... lol

:happydance:

Paandemonium

One time after an impulse late night re-aquascaping session gone horribly wrong, I cried... a LOT.

LOL I know the feeling

Unless it is the LFS girl!

I'm pretty sure most women dont appreciate getting hit on for discounts :P that being said I will also shameless hit on LFS girls(which my LFSs sadly do not have) if I even think theres a chance of me getting a discount.

Angel<3Nanos

LOL I know the feeling

I'm pretty sure most women dont appreciate getting hit on for discounts :P that being said I will also shameless hit on LFS girls(which my LFSs sadly do not have) if I even think theres a chance of me getting a discount.

I could already imagine the owner of the LFS yelling at his employee, "did you just give that girl a discount again??? Hey, im talking to you! STOP DROOLING!!" Lmao :D
Paandemonium

I could already imagine the owner of the LFS yelling at his employee, "did you just give that girl a discount again??? Hey, im talking to you! STOP DROOLING!!" Lmao :D

You dont have to be pretty for it to work! hahaha

when I got back into the hobby I told my wife I wanted a small nano with rock and 2 clownfish with rbta and nothing else... yeah that didn't happen.

Starrname="ry05coupe" post="4597891" timestamp="1389016025"]

I definitely understand the desire to throw destructive snails and crabs out the window but... they didn't choose to be in your tank, you put them there (even if they hitch-hiked). Be responsible and fine a new suitable home for them.

What about bristle worms? Might be tough finding a home for a 6" bristle worm. Thats all I've ever flushed down the drain.

Never quarantined anything. Never dipped anything. Isn't dipping your frags almost like dipping live rock, and we obviously don't do that. You might get something good or you might get something bad. I did have flat worms once and used the medicine; never seen one again.

I once spilled a small amount of potting soil into the sump, and promptly began a water change to suck it all out.

Started my tank with untreated tap water. Added a couple clown fish and zoas after two weeks. I still have the fish and the zoas x100.

I printed out and taped pictures to the tank to "teach" the clowns to host my rbta. It worked within 24 hrs.

I flooded the downstairs apartment with 10+ gallons of RO water. Shhh, nobody knows it was me.

You dont have to be pretty for it to work! hahaha

How would you know, You look different in every avatar but pretty in all of them. ;)

- beat the crap out of xenia till almost a total meltdown. She is kicking better then ever tho.

- placed container of peroxide 50/50 solution in my quarantin tank for temp to match my small nano tank. Walked away and came back to an entire container sunk to the bottom by small power head. Saved what I could by fishing frags, snails and crabs by hand. Most survived but tank crashed withing an hour. Yes, I was pretty pissed at myself lol

And chicks always get over ... nature of the game ;)

One time I listened to PetCo and had seven fish in a 29 gallon. Which included a powder brown tang and a snowflake eel. The tang got ich and the eel ate everything. I've always felt so horrible about that.

I have topped up my sump using tap few times when I run out of DI.
I have never used RODI water and I even have a portable RO unit!

When I was new to this I bought two butterflies for a 29 gal. One died the next day and the other lasted three months, when I forgot to top off and salinity spiked my tank.

LOL I know the feeling

Mine does.....or she feels pitty on me. LOL

My first tank was a biotope of everything that I collected myself. It had no liverock, only barnacle clusters, anemones and like 12 blennies which were rescues from the circle of life.

Surprisingly that tank didn't have algae issues.

I hunt down and shamelessly flirt with the new LFS guys when they have an awesome coral and I want it on the cheap, sue me.

that MIGHT work with me. you kinda got like Kristen Stewart thing going on.

Paandemonium

Mine does.....or she feels pitty on me. LOL

Maybe she just thinks you're a cutie? :)

that MIGHT work with me. you kinda got like Kristen Stewart thing going on.

LOL I've been told I just don't see it

Maybe she just thinks you're a cutie? :)

LOL I've been told I just don't see it

well I'm looking at a tiny thumbnail.

I've been told I look like tons of people. some I see, some I don't.

ya, I really don't agree with the killing of snails and crabs. They're just doing whats in their nature, and I think that killing them for it is really a degenerate thing to do for the hobby. If we claim to have a love of nature and the ocean, then kill something because it acted the way its supposed to act, I think we have problem.

True, however it is the cycle of nature. Just like the T. Rex, their arms were too short to, you know, so they got pissed off and started going on a rage.

Angel<3Nanos
True, however it is the cycle of nature. Just like the T. Rex, their arms were too short to, you know, so they got pissed off and started going on a rage.

Lmao :D i love the T-rex.

Be responsible and QT for the sake of fish....

Oh you didnt like that???? Lmao.

It was just ONE crab. Ive never again done it.

I know a friend with a mantis shrimp, i guess its ok to buy crabs and dump them in there to be eaten alive... lol

:happydance:

Good one.

And there is a difference between feeding an animal and throwing one into your back yard.

Archived