Coral Vue Hydros

Reef Confessions

Graver

After my second wetside mp10 assembly was destroyed by the exact same trochus snail I promptly removed him from the tank and threw him into the woods. Most expensive snail ever.

Once one of my hermits killed multiple glued down frags and I smashed him to death.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have topped up my sump using tap few times when I run out of DI.

That reminds me.... I used tap for everything for atleast 2 years, maybe three. And for the 1st 6 months I used to top off with mixed SW every other top off LOL

Its aligned perfectly. I'm not really sure what makes the thumping noise, whether it is a chip on the impeller or something inside the assembly. Either way I'm taking it apart.

Chuck that turd asap if its the same one, I had 3 all easy to tell apart the offender would wedge the bottom corner of his shell in there and rip the impellor to bits. I walk into the room to a god aweful grinding noise and the snail just lookin at me like &*^% yo mp10.

Its aligned perfectly. I'm not really sure what makes the thumping noise, whether it is a chip on the impeller or something inside the assembly. Either way I'm taking it apart.

I think it has something to do with the how the prop has that play on the shaft, I'm guessing it isn't moving freely.

Chuck that turd asap if its the same one, I had 3 all easy to tell apart the offender would wedge the bottom corner of his shell in there and rip the impellor to bits. I walk into the room to a god aweful grinding noise and the snail just lookin at me like &*^% yo mp10.

I haven't seen any go back in so lets hope that one learned and told the others.

I think it has something to do with the how the prop has that play on the shaft, I'm guessing it isn't moving freely.

there may have been some amount of bending that occurred.

I haven't seen any go back in so lets hope that one learned and told the others.

there may have been some amount of bending that occurred.

You just made me run downstairs and check my MP 10 because I saw a trochus on it last time I was down there

My list is long.

I don't qt. I don't have the space or resources for it.

I don't dip. Well, unless I get gha on a frag I know I can dip I'll do a peroxide dip.

I practically never test. I've done maybe two nitrate tests in the past 8 months.

I like pests.

I'm water change lazy. As it stands right now I'm doing them maybe once a month.

I'm overstocked. Because I never got around to catching my chromis when I swapped tanks.

What I need to do is buy a laser and zap that SOB fire shrimp whenever he gets too close to an anemone! Zap my turbos when they knock over frag plugs...zap my maroon clown when he bites off the tips of my gold torch...this could be fun!

u guys are evil! I like it. I thought sump banishment was bad... I should throw a shell in there for that hermit! (he had one when I put him there)

I once got so pissed off at a hermit crab that i threw it out the window.

Go ahead judge me.... :D

I did the same to a fiddler crab after it ate two bumble bee gobies.

Angel<3Nanos
I did the same to a fiddler crab after it ate two bumble bee gobies.

Hahaha is it weird that im enjoying all this evilness!? :D

surgicalsense

Regardless that I frag and sell the xenia that I have. I still take the whole Tonga branch out and rid 95% that is left off of the LR. In the toilet it goes.

I am soooo over my AIO NC24 and can not wait to trash it! ... if I will ever be able to afford the upgrade I have been wanting <_<

I never test my water or do the WC timely. More like, I know I need to do it but I can not bring myself to do it.

... sometimes feel like it is time to get out of the hobby, then I get over it when I tend to my reef.

I'm pretty sure if you dont get beat up you could get stuff even cheaper just so you stop making them feel weird lol

Unless it is the LFS girl!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who doesn't quarantine anything. It's good to have that monkey off my back.

I definitely understand the desire to throw destructive snails and crabs out the window but... they didn't choose to be in your tank, you put them there (even if they hitch-hiked). Be responsible and fine a new suitable home for them.

I definitely understand the desire to throw destructive snails and crabs out the window but... they didn't choose to be in your tank, you put them there (even if they hitch-hiked). Be responsible and fine a new suitable home for them.

Like snail stew? :)

ya, I really don't agree with the killing of snails and crabs. They're just doing whats in their nature, and I think that killing them for it is really a degenerate thing to do for the hobby. If we claim to have a love of nature and the ocean, then kill something because it acted the way its supposed to act, I think we have problem.

I let a 4" mini colony of "pink" birdsnest dry out on top of my RODI storage because it stopped being pink and was ugly..

I use to have 4 tangs, 1 foxface and 2 clownfish in a 46 bow front, then I upgraded to a 92 gallon and added an emperor and blue face angelfish. Something I wasn't proud of but now at least I don't have the "one more fish couldn't hurt" urge.

ya, I really don't agree with the killing of snails and crabs.

They get banished to the fuge now. I have a couple snails that decided to grow massive 3-4" treasure troll gha hair that made the trip down south.

Archived