Top Shelf Aquatics

new tank - new year!

ponda

30iddtl.jpg

ditched the ergonite - put it in the new 5 gallon tank / added real live rocks :-0

ye im going to put a candy cane in the tank :-0 i like zoas but they are expensive it seems? :-0 hope i dont kill them :-(

im stealing el fabs setup >_< hopefully you can tell >_< ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

wu57ow.jpg

need to get me a snail to clean my glass >_< got a blue leg hermit crab in there - hopefully there is enough food for him!

currently am broke so no $$ for corals or good lighting :\

inside the tank is GSP, 4 head zoa , xenia in the back (cant see) + hermit crab :-)

• 3 weeks later...

301pzdc.jpg

pulled corals from the biocube and put them into the 3g pico :-)

frogspawn,zoas,+2 other corals not sure what they are called O_o

loving this tank!

in several more months im hoping to upgrade my stock light + get more corals :-)

im bad @ placement >_<

• 2 weeks later...

oge1qb.jpg

rescaped the pico today - so the xenia doesnt look so hot :-0 and took out the GSP

will try to keep this layout for awhile.

fed the tank wayyyyyy tooo much food last night. so i thought it would be a good time to switch the layout

did a 80% water change. all critters are still alive .

still need a new light + i think i need a powerhead. saw some bubble algae building up behind the heater

my wife tells me the tank looks like its just a bunch of frags :-( hopefully will see some growth soon :-0

• 4 weeks later...

:-]

dont think they are polys on the top left - mushrooms maybe? anyone?

the others are polys - just now starting to extend due to the weak lights? need 2 upgrade them

• 1 month later...

975v28.jpg

had to take the frogspon out and swap it with the jumbo torch. ever since we switched to LED in our biocube29g the torch has done awful.... so its only in the pico until it can be saved O_o

tanks been @ about 84 so i got some cyano :-0 been feeding heavy and what not......

just rescaped so everything looks .... mehh :-)

the picture above was right after i re-scaped and all corals were fondled and exposed to air :-0

rs8p48.jpg

im starting to notice all the candy canes are doubling up :-) and the hard corals are doing okay besides the birdnest that was touching the candycane and got bleached :-(

hey brandon have you ever put hydrogen peroxide on your birdsnest coral? mine was once a whiteish colour now its brown..... whats your thoughts?

2gvo6m8.jpg

Got me some hard corals over the weekend.

Rearranged the tank. Nrw lighting soonish.....

Hopefully the pink coral recovers. It fell alot when rearranging and turned 1/2 brown......beeen 24hrs.....

brandon429

we have some references for treating seri birds nest w peroxide in the thread on google "pest algae challenge thread"

not sure about the color change as that can be associated with light and nutrient levels as well. about the best we can manage is keeping algae off them through some means, and continually striving for that pinkish color but Ive seen them get brownish in other tanks not using peroxide, so if your polyps look good Id still vote it a successful colony of coral even if darkened a little

29ne9nc.jpg

Got 2 new sps.

The only thing growing fast is my birdsnest and candycanes :0

Im hoping to trade the candycane coral for a sps in a month or so??? :)

Not much new

• 3 weeks later...

1045max.jpg

So I finally upgraded to led lights.

Not much new growth since last post.

My pink sps turned brown. And I put it in my other tank.

Im going to switch from reef crystal salt to coralife. Going to place my order Wednesday. Hopefully my corals gain there colour back.

Led rules :-)

Archived