SaltCritters.com

Amica Silvae: Friendly Forest

1.0reef

This is my Orchid and Moss dominated terrarium, Amica Silvae or Friendly Forest....

The terrarium is 20 x 10 x 18, it features two Orchids, multiple succulents, and many moss species native to Southern, Central, and Northern California, Oregon, and Utah.

It is lit with a small reading LED, and has leftover aquasoil substrate.

Excuse the mess in the photographs.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbI3A0JjM0w

Newer FTS 12/30

IMG_0084_zps58ad314e.jpg

New FTS 12/29

IMG_0019_zps546090e6.jpg

First FTS

IMG_4294_zpsc24109ef.jpg

9eaa4d38-2904-4b89-a9b5-cd20819bb04b_zps

35c20d5f-412b-4d4a-af2a-504292df850a_zps

IMG_4299_zps5121e0f1.jpg

IMG_4298_zps22656c98.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good! Do saltwater already!! lolol ;)

/Fail

Orchids are really cool man. nice concept. you are one with nature kimosabe

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you!

They are very easy to maintain. Not to mention way cheaper than reefing. I spend $20 on food for 3 years(i culture my own fruit flies). Easiest animal to take care of, ever.

Lucky! I wish I could have a full blown frog viv!

llama roadkill

I saw some really nice frogs at an exotic petstore near me yesterday. They had some really nice dart frogs and even an African Pixie Frog. That thing was HUUUUUUGE.

I also fell in love with a Ball Python...:wub:

...but my dad hates snakes...<_<:(

They are very easy to maintain. Not to mention way cheaper than reefing. I spend $20 on food for 3 years(i culture my own fruit flies). Easiest animal to take care of, ever.

Dart frogs are the best! Compared to reefing, everything is a breeze haha. Just keep em moist and fed basically.

No clue, these are Phalaenopsis Orchids, easy to find at Trader Joe's (Yes the grocery store) I get the smaller ones, $9, good deal, they get lower light, and are kept at around 65-75 degrees and watered every 10 days or so.

Hmmm, thinking about taking this mazda####er to the next level, water area, more controlled temp and humidity, nicer overall, a true vivarium or paludarium :)

Archived