Pod Your Reef

got2envy's Mr. Aqua 12g me love u LONG time

got2envy

D'oh!! So hard to choose lol

It's not hard for me ;). I'm sure whatever you decide will be perfect. That is one sexy tank though...wow. I'll have to remember that one for the future.
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had basically the exact same rock formation-type in my 12l and nobody liked it. Lol. Yours does look a lot better.

Which one? The first or the second :lol:

I like the first cause there is more places to put coral but then it kinda defeats my goal of minimalist.

First scape looks good but could be better. The second one is to tall on the left side but the right is perfect(simple).

I thought so too! I fixed it a bit, I will take some pix tomorrow.

Thanks!!

It's not hard for me ;). I'm sure whatever you decide will be perfect. That is one sexy tank though...wow. I'll have to remember that one for the future.

Def a well made tank for the price! :)
Which one? The first or the second :lol:I like the first cause there is more places to put coral but then it kinda defeats my goal of minimalist.I thought so too! I fixed it a bit, I will take some pix tomorrow.Thanks!!Def a well made tank for the price! :)
This is a real poor quality picture and I ended up redoing everything before I got to where I wanted to be, but the main rock was to be mostly sps, middle maxi minis, and the last one in the corner had a few nps coral. I liked the extra open area for fish to swim in.

3EC27783-0BEC-4B99-AAE4-D9723618A7E9-280

I look forward to seeing this tank progress, now onwards with pictures! I bet evaporation is killer on these.

I am sure it will be! I have my trusty mighty might RO/DI!

Gotta mix up some H2O and fill her up once I make up my mind on a scape ha!

This is a real poor quality picture and I ended up redoing everything before I got to where I wanted to be, but the main rock was to be mostly sps, middle maxi minis, and the last one in the corner had a few nps coral. I liked the extra open area for fish to swim in.

Ah! I see..hmmm this is a hard decision. Poop.
BattleAthletics

I had basically the exact same rock formation-type in my 12l and nobody liked it. Lol. Yours does look a lot better.

Plus you aint a hot reefin girl.

:lol:

Ok here is scape #3 I like this one. I threw a cheapy 24" Aquatraders light I have laying around on there so you guys can see better :eek: I am thinking a ricordia island on the right.

11515703445_b3e894e4b4_b.jpg

what da ya think?

see the angular rock poking out at the top? I would lean that up against the far left rock so it adds a little bit of height, and then use the smaller ones to build up height from right to left. It should give it a good height difference from the right rock island and still give you room to put corals on top.

or you could just place it in the sand next to the far left rock so it gives a cool jagged rock formation look.

Much bettter In my mind's eye. Maybe rotate the right rock until it stands a bit taller and splits the height difference between the left side and sand level?

I see what ya mean ;)

here is another, flipped the big rock and moved a small one more to the right...

Scape#4

11516866736_581f8df444_b.jpg

like the open space and the small island. :happy:

I haz no idea...I think I will try out one of the new WP10's and I have HOB filter but that will take away from the clean look so I may go all natural once the tank cycles and stabilizes.

Just don't use the wp25s. In this tank, it was actually moving small rocks across my bare bottom. Lol. I sold it after running it for only a few hours.

I think you actually might have messaged me for it right after I made the deal?

Ha! yeah I have one in my 40g and had to adjust it big times. It blew one of my monti caps off the frag mag LOL

I have it set to W1 S3 and the dial all the way to the right, it makes a nice small wave.

Archived