ReefCleaners.org

got2envy's Mr. Aqua 12g me love u LONG time

got2envy

This tank is a Christmas gift to myself, I was not planning on another tank so this was a complete impulse buy :mellow:

I am still figuring out equipment...

Equipment -

12g Long - Mr. Aqua from Marine Depot

15 lbs dry Aquamaxx reef rock from Marine Depot :P

10 lbs Seachems Grey Coast sand

Filter- DFS HOB with surface skimmer

Flow - 2x Jebao WP10's

36" Current Orbit Marine LED 50% blue 30% daylight - yes I keep SPS with this light!

Livestock-

Talbots damsel

Halloween Hermit

various snails from reef cleaners

I had to break the big piece up so I went out back and threw it on the ground...

I showed that rock who is da boss.

11499687926_4438508717_b.jpg

Please tell me the scape you like best...i like #1 and #5 so the best far..

Scape #1

11502711784_0e907c8281_b.jpg
Scape#211503980273_442da4036f_b.jpg
Scape #3
11515703445_b3e894e4b4_b.jpg
Scape#4
11516866736_581f8df444_b.jpg
Scape #5
11518449034_492ffed9f7_o.jpg
YAY!! omgomgomg Merry Christmas to me!!
6/9/14
538c3462-5cb0-491e-b09d-5647efc93fe5.jpg
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I got the tank at Marine Depot for $72 shipped :)

I was never a one tank gal :P

I am still messing with scape...great idea! I will try that out.

Thanks guys! I will move some around and get a bigger rock for the right side and take a pic :)

This tank def has a cool foot print for scaping.

Scape 2? sorry used my phone camera <_<

11503980273_442da4036f_b.jpg

How's about making the rock structure on the left a bit less massive and putting something a bit bigger on the right that is "leaning" to the right. That would make a valley on the right third or so. You could also read up on FW aquascaping and use the principles that Iwagumi uses for his tanks.

I have the same tank and have a custom rock structure for it but am thinking now that I want to use tonga branch rock to mimic a driftwood structure like FW tanks and plan my stocking accordingly.

How's about making the rock structure on the left a bit less massive and putting something a bit bigger on the right that is "leaning" to the right. That would make a valley on the right third or so. You could also read up on FW aquascaping and use the principles that Iwagumi uses for his tanks.

I have the same tank and have a custom rock structure for it but am thinking now that I want to use tonga branch rock to mimic a driftwood structure like FW tanks and plan my stocking accordingly.

Agreed.

I like scape one, but IMO looks kinda evenly spaced, try putting the middle rock structure to one side a few inches.

Yeah that would work.

Agreed.

I like scape one, but IMO looks kinda evenly spaced, try putting the middle rock structure to one side a few inches.

Archived