Heater 100w

LEDtric Full Spectrum Par38 LED

JBJ ATO w/ Aqualifter Pump

Livestock

Fish

N/A

Invertebrates

Scarlet Reef Hermits x 5

Getting back into the hobby after about a year of being out. Going to keep this build cheap and easy.

Sorry for the low res FTS, the iPhone will have to make do for now until I find my camera.

Sweet dimensions. I'm a fan of AA

Quality tanks and hes a pretty good guy to work with!

Looks good so far. You need to take the dome off the bulb though, they need air movement through the heatsink and need to be left bare.

Yeah I took off the dome after about 30m of use. I wanted to see how hot it would get as well as the working space to add a fan into the dome. Aesthetically the lamp looks far better with than without.

Ive been looking for a Tunze ATO. I dont like the distance between floats, its too far apart, the water level changes too drastically. Since I want to use Kalkwasser in the ATO, I think the Tunze is a better way to go.

Also I need some opinions, I want to keep SPS, although water changes suffice I've been looking into skimmers. Tunze 9002 or the Hydor skim nano, anyone have any experiences with either?

How thick is the tank? I know John at AA likes to overbuild things. My tank is only 12gal and it's 1/2" thick, leaving me with a narrow options of ATO out there.

How big is your back chamber for your skimmer? I used to have a 9002 but I got rid of it for a Bubble Magus QQ (skims better IMO).

I had John build it from 3/8". The skimmer chamber that is 4.5" x 5.5" at a depth that is shy of 10".

I've heard that the 9002 is pretty sensitive. I'm looking for a skimmer that is relatively quite is why its one of the options. Hows the noise level on the Bubble Magus?

Also here is an updated FTS

33avqyv.png

I think skimmers are pretty sensitive because for AIO tanks, the water level is never consistent (or that was the case for my AIO tank).

For quietness, I did an airline airline silencer mod for the 9002 (or for any skimmer). The noise level isn't too bad for Bubble Magus QQ but I then again, I don't mind the sound of air being sucked it for the skimmer.

My chamber 1 and 2 sits pretty constant, only my chamber 3 fluctuates. With that being said I picked up a broken 9002 over the weekend. I got it for cheap, so I'll order the pump when I feel the water parameters could benefit from a skimmer.

Moreover, I picked up a few frags as well. All mushrooms. I'll try and snap some pictures, no macro lens, so the pictures might not be the best.

Archived