Coral Vue Hydros

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Maybe i should switch to running to the LFS for NSW.... the pain is waiting the 3 hours to brew water for both tanks, top off containers for the ato... then letting the salt mix and settle for a few hours.... etc etc etc....

Maybe i should switch to running to the LFS for NSW.... the pain is waiting the 3 hours to brew water for both tanks, top off containers for the ato... then letting the salt mix and settle for a few hours.... etc etc etc....

I just do 5 gallons a week on my 30, so it takes maybe 30-45 minutes for the RO-DI and then 1 hour to mix the salt. Temp and salinity even out pretty quickly in my house with AC.

Dude I feel you 100% on this one. Everyone always tells me, a water change just takes one hour.. and it's like man I work all week, come home and cook and deal with my son. There's a lot of times where I just want to pay my LFS $15 a week to come to do it for me. I love the tank but a simple water change can some times feel like a huge task with every day life. After 2 hours of mowing the yard and shit the last thing I want to do is drag a heavy ass bucket of water around.

Yours is 30g?

Just buy two 5g buckets of water from the lfs, that's good for a month. Takes 5 minutes to siphon out 5g and pump it back in, that's what I do

Yours is 30g?

Just buy two 5g buckets of water from the lfs, that's good for a month. Takes 5 minutes to siphon out 5g and pump it back in, that's what I do

Why buy the water when I have a RO/DI? ROFL. All I do is make one bucket of salt water, use my turkey baster to get all the detritus off the starboard and rocks, siphon 5 gallons into another bucket then pour mine back in. :P Easy. When you have kids and a family you'll see how easy tasks like this seem like a nightmare.

Dude I feel you 100% on this one. Everyone always tells me, a water change just takes one hour.. and it's like man I work all week, come home and cook and deal with my son. There's a lot of times where I just want to pay my LFS $15 a week to come to do it for me. I love the tank but a simple water change can some times feel like a huge task with every day life. After 2 hours of mowing the yard and shit the last thing I want to do is drag a heavy ass bucket of water around.

Oh come on, don't blame work, kids and family for not having time. I have 2 kids (a 4 month old and a 13 year old), a full time job, a 2nd business, I clean the house, do the garden (which is fun) and have tons of time to change some water and work on the tank - water changes are fast and easy. :lol:
  • Like 3

...water changes are fast and easy. :lol:

That's what I usually say, then I get side tracked cleaning this, trimming that, fragging this and 3 hours later it is time to siphon in the new water haha. I don't have kids or my own business and some times I still find it really hard to fit it in. One of the main reasons why I do one every 2 weeks now lol.

• Like 5

That's what I usually say, then I get side tracked cleaning this, trimming that, fragging this and 3 hours later it is time to siphon in the new water haha. I don't have kids or my own business and some times I still find it really hard to fit it in. One of the main reasons why I do one every 2 weeks now lol.

This

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Something is happening here.....

20991020254_3d7c679496_c.jpgRed Planet 9-21-15 by Jon Llama, on Flickr

I liked this, then un-liked it, just so I could like it again!

By the time you decide to take this tank down, you are going to have to rip apart the panes of glass to sell the back pane as a huge colony of red planet cause it will be worth more than the tank was to begin with!

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

I liked this, then un-liked it, just so I could like it again!

By the time you decide to take this tank down, you are going to have to rip apart the panes of glass to sell the back pane as a huge colony of red planet cause it will be worth more than the tank was to begin with!

I'm just happy it looks like it's finally starting to really take off.... Hopefully it keeps going!

About time that thing decided to do something,what's the range it's encrusted about 8-9" ?

I guess. Something like that. The diameter grows every week.

• 2 months later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

He's alive!

Ya bud. Tank has been on cruise control... algae on feast mode... did a massive cleaning the other day and the worst happened.....

jedimasterben

Ya bud. Tank has been on cruise control... algae on feast mode... did a massive cleaning the other day and the worst happened.....

Spill it. Can't be that bad. :)

I probably have some pictures that are worse lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

Basically, during maintenance on both tanks, I must've not paid attention just long enough for the Lubbock Fairy Wrasse to jump out from the tank, landing just behind the mp10 dryside which was on the cabinet during cleaning... Didn't notice the fish until I moved everything to wipe down excess water. It was just a bit too late... To make things worse, the batteries on the aerator were dead so I couldn't even do cpr!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sup hype, he was cool. But an opportunity for something new!

Super easy... Several clips with the iPhone, then I used imovie. I can't quite remember bit I'd guess around 5 minutes? Probably less...

Happy you like it! I've had a Goby before but never a pair of them... So cool!