Innovative Marine Aquariums

Starr's noob pico

starrlamia

i knowwwww!! haha, it sucks but what can ya do? I've been lookin for someone who is coming up North from where the LFS is but not having much luck (there is a university ride share program)

Oh...great idea anyways :).
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boring tank weekend. I found a neat little flower thing on a rock, turns out it is probably a hydrozoan so I removed it today, spot treated a few areas for GHA and did a water change. Woo...

Since I'm bored I've been trying to decide if I want to do just sexy shrimp or if I want to get a small goby or what. Decisions...

boring tank weekend. I found a neat little flower thing on a rock, turns out it is probably a hydrozoan so I removed it today, spot treated a few areas for GHA and did a water change. Woo...

Since I'm bored I've been trying to decide if I want to do just sexy shrimp or if I want to get a small goby or what. Decisions...

Sexy shrimp WILL eat zoanthids. Or at least pester them to no end. I don't care what other people say...they do it :). I personally will never have sexy shrimp in a tank with zoanthids.

i was looking at anemone shrimp... hmmm my LFS has anemone shrimp that look like sexies, cleaner shrimp ($25 a head though) and a few different pistols, I love pistol shrimpies I guess I should look into the kinds and see what can fit in my tank :) Thanks Gena!

blargh I keep reading that anemone shrimps need an anemone to be happy, i also think my rockwork isnt solid enough for a pistol to dig around in without knocking over lol. Maybe a clown gobie and pompom crab? It's super hard to find different shrimps here :(

blargh I keep reading that anemone shrimps need an anemone to be happy, i also think my rockwork isnt solid enough for a pistol to dig around in without knocking over lol. Maybe a clown gobie and pompom crab? It's super hard to find different shrimps here :(

I've never owned a pistol shrimp. It's on my list to try at some point. Clown gobie and pom pom crab would be excellent choices :).

set up my diy ATO today, was pretty easy, hopefully it works well :)

IMG_20140205_131437_zpsmsh4yoeh.jpg

The lovely bottle with animals on it lol (i may paint it black)

IMG_20140205_131442_zpsomfowffl.jpg

My corals are out for delivery :D

absolutely following this thread. i am hopefully gonna be getting an 8g this week sometime and will be starting my own journal soon as well. love the scape very cool. i am very interested in the bottle in the right corner..i get its concept but my brain cant comprehend it..care to explain it like im five? lol..

Basically the end of the tubing is sitting just under the water. So when the water level drops air can go into the tube and let water out, once the tube is submerged again it stops. Sorry not the clearest description haha, I googled and found other people had done it successfully, cost about $15 :)

Basically the end of the tubing is sitting just under the water. So when the water level drops air can go into the tube and let water out, once the tube is submerged again it stops. Sorry not the clearest description haha, I googled and found other people had done it successfully, cost about $15 :)

What kind of tubing did you use to connect to the water bottle?

Nice thread and tank, and I learned something to boot (water bottle dripper)! Can't wait to see more progress. Oh, and buy those shrooms for $10 a head!

they are here! Got them all acclimated, dipped and in the bottom of the tank :D They upgraded one of my zoas to cotton candy pink, which I love, and sent me a neon yellow :D I also got 3 shrooms instead of 1 :) Talk about great service! Zoas look good, shrooms are sliming but seem ok, at least 2 snails survived (the only 2 I've seen come out of their shell, the dwarf ceriths havent yet).

I turned the dimmer on my lights down to 50%, let's see what tomorrow brings!

Will get pics when they open up!

they are here! Got them all acclimated, dipped and in the bottom of the tank :D They upgraded one of my zoas to cotton candy pink, which I love, and sent me a neon yellow :D I also got 3 shrooms instead of 1 :) Talk about great service! Zoas look good, shrooms are sliming but seem ok, at least 2 snails survived (the only 2 I've seen come out of their shell, the dwarf ceriths havent yet).

I turned the dimmer on my lights down to 50%, let's see what tomorrow brings!

Will get pics when they open up!

Can't wait to see!!!! :happydance:

well my mushrooms disappeared lol, not sure if they detached to find a new spot or slimed themselves into oblivion, we'll see. A few zoas are partially open but the rest are closed, cant wait until they are happy enough to say hi! All the snails survived and are mowing down on my algae! woot

not much to update, shrooms are still MIA lol, a few zoas are partially open, mostly the radioactive dragon eyes. Hopefully they all start opening fully soon! I'm impatient and keep going to stare at them haha.

Already looking at more corals...

lost some zoas :( went through today and took out all the mushy ones, poor little buggers. Good news though several of the frags are starting to open up :D I turned off my PH yesterday and they look much happier, going to have to put my pico PH back in.

I feel like you guys understand my excitement of the daily changes in my tank more than anyone else haha

radioactive dragon eyes are all open! yay! About 3 of the pinks are at least partially open and 2 of one with an orange skirt that I havent identified are partially open. I also see a hint of colour from one or two polyps on other frags. unfortunately there are still a lot that dont look too promising. I'll try and get pictures after my midterm this week.

Archived