Cultivated Reef

Starr's noob pico

starrlamia

that's a great idea! I may just grab an AC 20 and do that, Im not sure any amount of paint would hide a 50 or 70 (since they would take up the entire side of the tank haha) Thanks!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my bf owed me a christmas present still so I decided to get an AC 20 and Im going to paint the side black to help it not be an eyesore :) Thanks again Javious for the idea!

yeah I was looking into it, for now it's going to just run as a normal filter, we'll see what happens in the future!

ughhh need my CUC, diatoms are creeping up my glass. Hopefully next week my stuff will ship!

AC should be here monday woot

the LFS I ordered my CUC and corals from put these Zoa's on sale for $1 a head so I had to add some too my order! they are soo pretty!

1560400_245476212287684_1447845200_n.jpg

diatoms, hair algae and AC's oh mai!

haha, Yes I am a dork, and proud of it :P

My AC20 came today, i am just waiting for the glue to dry to keep the black foam on the side. Wasn't sure if I should paint it or foam it (I used foam for my tank background), decided to just foam it, if I dont like it I can remove it and paint it later. I used white school glue to glue it on haha, was very careful not to get any in the filter chamber.

Still waiting on my shipment of CUC and corals, they usually ship on thursdays so Im hoping it will be here end of the week. Diatoms are all over the place and I have a bit of hair algae so desperately need those snails!

Will post a pic when I get the AC up and running in a bit

Hope everyone is well!

got the AC up and running. Still playing with the insides, so far I have the heater on one side and chemipure/floss on the other, divided by one side of the media basket that I cut off... Going to monitor temps over the next few days and see if it's ok. Have it on the lowest setting and holy flow... it's a bit crazy in my tank ATM I may have to go back to the pico PH instead of the nano.

Not the best pic but it shows how well it blends into the background

IMG_20140113_162133_zps7anvuqnc.jpg

still waiting for my order to come, the store is waiting for a couple things I ordered to come in, hopefully next week it will come as long as the temps dont drop off crazy amounts.

Re-calibrated my refractometer and holy jebus i was way off. Mixing up a better batch of salt right now so I can bring my salinity up.

still waiting for my order, temps have been -30C here all week and not looking like it's going up much in the next week. Gotta love winter!

Plan on removing some GHA tomorrow and... check params... pretty exciting in my little tank right now LOL

ugh the store i ordered from keeps adding beautiful corals in, want these but am not adding anymore to my order!

http://www.incredibleaquarium.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70_72&products_id=3419

(plus when i eventually get sexy shrimp I want some room to add some different zoas...)

OMG... you have to order the flame mushrooms. Sorry LOL. Those are just sooo pretty :). That's an awesome store. Wish I could order!!!!

This has been one cold winter. Not so much in California...but everywhere else.

OMG... you have to order the flame mushrooms. Sorry LOL. Those are just sooo pretty :). That's an awesome store. Wish I could order!!!!

This has been one cold winter. Not so much in California...but everywhere else.

haha! I'm still thinking about the mushrooms, I may wait until my next order, I already have 5 different zoas and a shroom coming lol

I would realllly love to come to California right now, or anywhere warm. I walked the dogs for 15 minutes and my thighs hurt from being so cold. Current temp: -30C. Can I come to your house until winter is over? :P

haha! I'm still thinking about the mushrooms, I may wait until my next order, I already have 5 different zoas and a shroom coming lol

I would realllly love to come to California right now, or anywhere warm. I walked the dogs for 15 minutes and my thighs hurt from being so cold. Current temp: -30C. Can I come to your house until winter is over? :P

I hope you can get those mushrooms. I'd love to see them in your tank!

Come on down :) 5 day forecast: 81, 83, 80, 82, 88F. LOL. I just wish it would rain. It's so dry out here.

I am very jealous lol, I'd take any heat right now. Plus I'm sure there are a ton of great diving sites not far from you!

Flsvedlund comes down here to dive around Catalina Island.

ooh nice! there is a liveaboard I want to do out of San Diego that is a week diving with great whites... I dont get a warm dive vacation this year unfortunately :( Stupid school

ooh nice! there is a liveaboard I want to do out of San Diego that is a week diving with great whites... I dont get a warm dive vacation this year unfortunately :( Stupid school

Eek! I would rather warm dive in the Caribbean. If I was to ever dive....which I know I never will :lol:.

as long as the weather cooperates I should have my order in next friday woot woot. Now to pray to the weather gods for warmth.

haha, why not? It's sooo much fun! The Caribbean is nice to dive in too, we usually go to mexico every year

I'm a fraidy cat :). I'll stick with snorkeling in the Caribbean!!!!!

as long as the weather cooperates I should have my order in next friday woot woot. Now to pray to the weather gods for warmth.

Woot.... fingerscrossed

peroxide spot treatment done, hopefully it pans out (most of the GHA came off after a few minutes yay). Discovered that the smell of liverock reminds me of mexico and diving.. mmm

gotta love Canadian winters, dont know if my stuff will come this week lol. Temperatures are warmer (-10C lol) but there have been road closures and the LFS got some frozen products shipped in this week (Coralrx came frozen!). We'll see what happens.

i knowwwww!! haha, it sucks but what can ya do? I've been lookin for someone who is coming up North from where the LFS is but not having much luck (there is a university ride share program)

Archived