Pod Your Reef

Lets try this again -- Biocube 14

Longinus

vDe7FPel.jpg

Went to the MARS fragswap and picked up a bunch of nice new items, got some clowns for my tank and so far I love the cute little guys. I also grabbed a ton more coral, including some SPS to try but mainly I grabbed some more LPS and zoas. I think I need lower flow in my tank, but all my pumps are higher flow. I plan to upgrade before too long to take care of this since my 14g is starting to get a bit cramped and I would like some room to grow out and expand into.
I am currently thinking of setting up a DIY AIO made from a 30g breeder. It would give me a bigger fuge, more room for chemicals and most importantly, more room for fish/coral! I dont think I would add much more rock, just starboard on the bottom and a thin layer of sand. It would give me a chance to build some dry rockwork with holes for frag plugs. Plus I could get some more fish since 3 is really too many in my 14g
Some Acans I grabbed a while back from a local reefer, they are coloring up now and eating pretty readily!
0iz4.jpg
Grabbed a lobo at the swap, I like this bigger meaty corals.
v247.jpg
This acan appears more blue and pearly around the edge of the petals in person, but it seems really happy.
yc19.jpg
This was free with the lobo since it broke off another frag and was rolling around in the tank.
hc4s.jpg
Never had one of these acans before, but it was bargain basement priced since its colors were mediocre. Only grabbed it so I could see how I like them
rau3.jpg
Colorful stick #1
56me.jpg
Colorful stick #2
53qp.jpg
Some zoas, duncan and favia in the background
i18p.jpg
Another zoa from that first pack
7y5n.jpg
Seems pretty happy. Most of these acans came from a local who was having trouble with them
hya0.jpg
7u0u.jpg
Grabbed a blasto (in back)
jkwu.jpg
AoG? Got it in a trade with another reefer
3cxr.jpg
Cheapo Birsdnest
0d5l.jpg
My new friends from Alpha Aquaculture, all locally raised! They had some really fancy clowns but $20 for the pair seemed too good to pass up.
a3rg.jpg
They want some moar!
zu6m.jpg
2e83.jpg
8w1b.jpg

Plans:

I am considering adding more LED's, currently have (all on a cheapo 700ma driver)

6xRB

3xTrue white

1xWarm white

I am thinking about adding a hyperviolet, one cyan, one more warm white and 1 more royal blue, then moving 4xRB and 2xTrue White to a 1000ma dimmable driver.

I also have an old Koralia one or two that I was thinking about swapping the Koralia nano out for, pointed mostly at the surface to see if its too much flow.

I think your right, it was sold to me as a purple basslett, but I am not concerned so far, hes pretty active and seems happy/healthy. May have to switch him out someday though if he gets too aggressive as I plan to add 1-2 clowns in the future.

• 1 month later...

(couldnt find my DSLR battery, webcam it is)

Ive kept the tank running just about as is, upgraded the LED's and added a 1000ma driver (I should have done this right the first time, oh well) with a few more blues, but my ratio is still off from what I want since I ordered too many whites the first time. Hopefully someone has some Violet diodes at the MARS swap. I need a new tank with less scratched up glass, but that will have to wait. I also converted the back chamber into a poorly lit fuge (for now). Traded some equipment away, got a great deal on some acans that someone was having issues with in exchange.

bqg8.jpg

dkas.jpg
z1e1.jpg
tos.JPG
30f2.jpg
kzcq.jpg
e508.jpg
Went to the MARS fragswap and picked up a bunch of nice new items, got some clowns for my tank and so far I love the cute little guys. I also grabbed a ton more coral, including some SPS to try but mainly I grabbed some more LPS and zoas. I think I need lower flow in my tank, but all my pumps are higher flow. I plan to upgrade before too long to take care of this since my 14g is starting to get a bit cramped and I would like some room to grow out and expand into.
I am currently thinking of setting up a DIY AIO made from a 30g breeder. It would give me a bigger fuge, more room for chemicals and most importantly, more room for fish/coral! I dont think I would add much more rock, just starboard on the bottom and a thin layer of sand. It would give me a chance to build some dry rockwork with holes for frag plugs. Plus I could get some more fish since 3 is really too many in my 14g
Some Acans I grabbed a while back from a local reefer, they are coloring up now and eating pretty readily!
0iz4.jpg
Grabbed a lobo at the swap, I like this bigger meaty corals.
v247.jpg
This acan appears more blue and pearly around the edge of the petals in person, but it seems really happy.
yc19.jpg
This was free with the lobo since it broke off another frag and was rolling around in the tank.
hc4s.jpg
Never had one of these acans before, but it was bargain basement priced since its colors were mediocre. Only grabbed it so I could see how I like them
rau3.jpg
Colorful stick #1
56me.jpg
Colorful stick #2
53qp.jpg
Some zoas, duncan and favia in the background
i18p.jpg
Another zoa from that first pack
7y5n.jpg
Seems pretty happy. Most of these acans came from a local who was having trouble with them
hya0.jpg
7u0u.jpg
Grabbed a blasto (in back)
jkwu.jpg
AoG? Got it in a trade with another reefer
3cxr.jpg
Cheapo Birsdnest
0d5l.jpg
My new friends from Alpha Aquaculture, all locally raised! They had some really fancy clowns but $20 for the pair seemed too good to pass up.
a3rg.jpg
They want some moar!
zu6m.jpg
2e83.jpg
8w1b.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived