inTank Media Baskets

I Had To Do It....... With UPDATE

basser1

I couldn't resist!! And when PacificEastAquaculture had their Cyber Monday sale, I pulled the trigger on one of these beauties........

Wish me luck......

post-21570-0-65341700-1386041348_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the clam gets settled in I will post a pic.

I would like to say something about my experience with PEA...

This was the first time I've ordered from PEA. I have ordered livestock from LiveAquarias' Diver Den in the past.

I was thoroughly impressed with the whole order process. They sent me confirmation with tracking info right away. When the box came, it was packed very well with nice size insulated foam box with newspapers and foam peanuts. The clam was triple bagged. After I acclimated the clam (about an hour using drip method), it opened in a matter of a few minutes after being placed in my tank. The clam iself is a very good size, about 3" and looked very "beefy" (is that the right description)??? The only "downside" is...... the clam wasn't green like the photo I posted, it's a nice turquoise blue. I'm assuming the difference in color is because of lighting differences between their tank and mine, I use LEDs. Later in the day I got a phone call from customer service checking to see how the clam was doing, a nice touch as I've never had a vendor call me before.

All in all I'm a satisfied customer and will use them again in the future

Once the clam gets settled in I will post a pic.

I would like to say something about my experience with PEA...

This was the first time I've ordered from PEA. I have ordered livestock from LiveAquarias' Diver Den in the past.

I was thoroughly impressed with the whole order process. They sent me confirmation with tracking info right away. When the box came, it was packed very well with nice size insulated foam box with newspapers and foam peanuts. The clam was triple bagged. After I acclimated the clam (about an hour using drip method), it opened in a matter of a few minutes after being placed in my tank. The clam iself is a very good size, about 3" and looked very "beefy" (is that the right description)??? The only "downside" is...... the clam wasn't green like the photo I posted, it's a nice turquoise blue. I'm assuming the difference in color is because of lighting differences between their tank and mine, I use LEDs. Later in the day I got a phone call from customer service checking to see how the clam was doing, a nice touch as I've never had a vendor call me before.

All in all I'm a satisfied customer and will use them again in the future

any updates? how's the clam doing?

I'm anxiously waiting for mine.. should be here wednesday or thursday..

Hey GHill762......

The clam is settled in and appears to like its' new home! I have it placed on the sand bed. I didn't have a clam shell, so I made a flat rock out of 2-part epoxy. I flattened it out as much as I could and the clam has already attached its' foot to it!!

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with how it's going. I know it's still early, but so far so good!

Hey GHill762......

The clam is settled in and appears to like its' new home! I have it placed on the sand bed. I didn't have a clam shell, so I made a flat rock out of 2-part epoxy. I flattened it out as much as I could and the clam has already attached its' foot to it!!

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with how it's going. I know it's still early, but so far so good!

is there a reason you put it on a base? just curious.. is it so you can move it easily?

I've been thinking about doing this for my maxima which will likely be on the sand (at least till I figure out where/if I want it in the rock work)..

I had my crocea directly on the sand in my 15g, which quickly dug into the sand and attached to the glass. it worked just fine, only moving it became difficult.. when I upgraded to my 40b I cut against the glass with a razor blade to seperate it.. worked like a charm.

Very nice clam and best of luck with it,

How was your reception with live aquaria and what is the name of the other site you ordered from?

is there a reason you put it on a base? just curious.. is it so you can move it easily?

I've been thinking about doing this for my maxima which will likely be on the sand (at least till I figure out where/if I want it in the rock work)..

I had my crocea directly on the sand in my 15g, which quickly dug into the sand and attached to the glass. it worked just fine, only moving it became difficult.. when I upgraded to my 40b I cut against the glass with a razor blade to seperate it.. worked like a charm.

The main reason I placed it on an "artificial" rock was because of what you said about the possibility of planting its' foot on the glass, plus the fact I've run out of room on the rocks (all corals)!!!

Very nice clam and best of luck with it, How was your reception with live aquaria and what is the name of the other site you ordered from?

My past dealings with LA has been very good. When I ordered 5 red-spot cardinafish a while back, would you believe eac of the 5 fish was individually bagged?? This is the first time I ordered from Pacific East and they had a 20% off cyber monday sale that I took advantage of.

Well you all asked for pics so here goes, please excuse my photo skills........

kvu3.jpg

q4xg.jpg

Is it more green in person?

No, it's blue. But there is some tinges of green. Maybe the color will come back?? I thought I was buying the clam posted in the pic, wysiwyg.... I've thought about contacting them, but then I'd have to ship it back and I don't have any experience in shipping livestock, so....

beeeauuutimous.. post er up in the tridacnid registry.. I'll have had my maxima for 6 months next week.

Thanks Mike, will do!!

You've had yours for 6 months? I guess you're "home free" now??

Man that's gorgeous! Not the same color as the stock photo but still a very nice color.. Their picture was from above too, so it may look green from top down. They look completely different from above than from the front of the tank. Try looking down at it.

I don't think it's a problem if they stick to glass but it makes it difficult to move them. It's super easy to slide a razor between their foot and the glass. That said I'll probably put something under my new one also..

Wow. That looks drastically different than the picture. Personally I prefer the blue but if youre desperate to get a green one perhaps we can work something out.

I'd say it has a pretty good chance now. No expert on clams by any means. It was attached for the first month, but then decided to jump ship and hasn't reattached since. It looks healthy and cradeled in a good spot so I'm not futzin with it. I have thought about trying to make a better base for it. I used what I thought was a dead piece of monti cap to keep it from jumping into the same hole again, but the monti is coming back from the dead.. somehow..

I dont think that is the same clam. PEA will not ask you to ship it back but they may choose to give you anotjer one for free if you pay shipping.

I was thinking the same thing. The stripes are more pronounced on the blue one, the green is more like spots..

The shell is also darker/more colored

Man that's gorgeous! Not the same color as the stock photo but still a very nice color.. Their picture was from above too, so it may look green from top down. They look completely different from above than from the front of the tank. Try looking down at it.

I don't think it's a problem if they stick to glass but it makes it difficult to move them. It's super easy to slide a razor between their foot and the glass. That said I'll probably put something under my new one also..

Oops I'm tarded.. One of your shots is top down..

Does it look the same to you?? I had my mind set on a green one.......

I dont think that is the same clam. PEA will not ask you to ship it back but they may choose to give you anotjer one for free if you pay shipping.

That's what I'm thinking. Just in case though, I did send them an e-mail and I included my photos as well as their web-site, "wysiwyg" pic.... I'll see what kind of response I get. I realize I have different lighting (LEDs), than what they use, but it's like night and day difference.

Archived