Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

Vouching for the Pom Pom :) In a tank that small, he'll make his appearances every now and then, plus lots of places to hide. I just handfeed mine a tiny piece of shrimp every now and then and he's good to go. Tank's looking nice, btw.

LOVE the look of Poms. Like Harlequin shrimp as well, but do not want to be hassled with feeding them. And thanks...I am sooo excited about the coral additions I plan to make this weekend!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

white spotted cleaner shrimps...would be great in a pico that small.

OK, I have to say these are pretty awesome. Are they hard to get? Will have to see if I can source them through a LFS.

E

Coralz are opening up and getting use to the tank. Thinking about mounting them about mid say up the rock structure...any thoughts?

Eagle Eyes looking good...got about 19 polys. You MIGHT be able to see a single Radioactive Dragon Eye Polyp at 4 o'clock on main ball of polys. Bonus HH! The frag plug at the top in 4 polyps of Tubbs Blues with about 3-4 little babies starting to come in. A little shower to open up but getting there. EEs were $5, and the Tubbs $9 on sale!

IMG_1007.jpg

Glimmer Pink Palys...not sure the pic does them credit, as I simply cannot get decent color balance with my iPhone. Pale pink ring and pure white center. $12.50 for about 8 polys, big and healthy looking even though they are still not completely open.

IMG_1006.jpg

Pink and Gold Palys...again, the pic does not give them their due. Pale pink with gold flecks all the way out to the skirt. $8.75 for about ten polys and includes a single aptasia HH :huh:

IMG_1005.jpg

Any thoughts about final placement welcome. Which ones should get front and center? The EE frag can be split in to, so some will go around the dise for sure. I do want the Tubbs up front as well, as I REALLY like the color and you don't see such a vibrant blue on many corals.

A few pics of the corals put onto the rock. The Tubbs Blues are closed and hard to get a good pic of, but the rest is looking pretty good!

Eagle Eyes in the center, Pink and Gold Palys to the right, and Pink Glimmers on the left.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_1024.jpg.html'>IMG_1024.jpg

Pink Glimmers, Nerite snail photobomb

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_1025.jpg.html'>IMG_1025.jpg

Pink and Golds slightly irritated...and yes, that IS a large aptasia in the middle. I tried to superglue it into the rock, but apparently did not get it all. Joe's Juice it is. A smaller frag of Eagle Eyes in the upper rock is on the back side of the rockwork.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_1027.jpg.html'>IMG_1027.jpg

Just found that, thanks.

Imma gonna go take a look, hmmm.

Just put together a huge YR shopping list.

He has a big jet black sponge that he says he frags off of sometimes (I want a piece).

How are the new corals doing? Growing yet? :D. If yes, new FTS ;).

Yes, all of the zoanthids have little babies! I got three polyps of Tubbs Blues, and three babies coming in. The Eagle Eyes are fat and happy and bussing as well. The Pink and Gold Palys are beauteous, big and happy. Still need to kill the aptasia before it decides to procreate.

My FTS shots suck because my iPhone has serious issues with color balance and focusing.

Pods are going nuts, and starting to see some larger ones (1/16-1/8") running around on the rocks. Also getting nerite eggs, some of which are hatching and now patrolling the glass. I take this as a good sign!

Also, going out of town this weekend and will hit Your Reef. Planning on coming back with a Birdsnest, plating monti, and perhaps a small acan frag.

Yes, all of the zoanthids have little babies! I got three polyps of Tubbs Blues, and three babies coming in. The Eagle Eyes are fat and happy and bussing as well. The Pink and Gold Palys are beauteous, big and happy. Still need to kill the aptasia before it decides to procreate.

My FTS shots suck because my iPhone has serious issues with color balance and focusing.

Pods are going nuts, and starting to see some larger ones (1/16-1/8") running around on the rocks. Also getting nerite eggs, some of which are hatching and now patrolling the glass. I take this as a good sign!

Also, going out of town this weekend and will hit Your Reef. Planning on coming back with a Birdsnest, plating monti, and perhaps a small acan frag.

I don't care if the FTS "sucks". I want to see :).

Have fun shopping this weekend!

Have another four frags in the car...pics tomorrow!

He has a big jet black sponge that he says he frags off of sometimes (I want a piece).
Saw this today...pretty sweet!

Archived