SaltCritters.com

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch, sorry to hear this. :(

Thx Mark...it is really kinda sad after the initial success I had with this tank. The move, then fighting GHA/bubble algae and now another cycle/crash has been rough.

All my fault of course. Been traveling a TON, did not set up the ATO until just recently, probably overfed and missed some upkeep.

Hope I can nurse it back to health. Many of the zoanthid/palys are tiny and withered but still there. Some are opening and at least the GSP is thriving!

Darn it. But you'll bring it back!! We have faith in you.

Thx, A!

Just a matter of patience and good husbandry. I might lose some but can replenish. NOTHING in the tank was expensive, just small frags I grew into small colonies. Bummed I lost the purple cap and teal trumpets from my buddy Gena!

the IM 20 goes up soon...I will be wanting a flower from you this year!

Thx, A!

Just a matter of patience and good husbandry. I might lose some but can replenish. NOTHING in the tank was expensive, just small frags I grew into small colonies. Bummed I lost the purple cap and teal trumpets from my buddy Gena!

the IM 20 goes up soon...I will be wanting a flower from you this year!

Ha! I want some too. I had 20 babies, only 1 survived and now I haven't seen that one in a month. Just got another circulation pump in there to combat my 2nd bout of cyano. Husbandry of these little babies so far is difficult.

Ouch...serious crash.

Removing the sand released a ton of crap which recycled the tank. Nothing seems more than mostly dead, but it ain't pretty.

At one point, I had bubble algae, GHA, and dinos. Scrubbed tank, did FW/peroxide dip, and scrubbed everything with a toothbrush.

All snails dies, but one hermit and pom pom pulled through. Everything is PISSED.

Did a 100% water change and 10-15% per day since. Put two astreas in to clean up diatom mess after cycle. If I can stabilize things, will get together with glennr for a 89 for 89 pack when the weather warms up.

Sucks...

:( sorry.

But you know I'll hook you up again!!!!! I'll send you both types of monticap if you want them :flower:.

What stand is that for this tank? It looks really nice :).

:( sorry.

But you know I'll hook you up again!!!!! I'll send you both types of monticap if you want them :flower:.

What stand is that for this tank? It looks really nice :).

Thanks Gena...I know I can count on your for frags! :flower:

Between moving and my work schedule, I have not been a very good reef-keeper. Most things look to be coming back slowly, which is good.

STILL looking forward to my IM 20 build, which will start with the stand construction.

Ouch...serious crash.

Removing the sand released a ton of crap which recycled the tank. Nothing seems more than mostly dead, but it ain't pretty.

At one point, I had bubble algae, GHA, and dinos. Scrubbed tank, did FW/peroxide dip, and scrubbed everything with a toothbrush.

All snails dies, but one hermit and pom pom pulled through. Everything is PISSED.

Did a 100% water change and 10-15% per day since. Put two astreas in to clean up diatom mess after cycle. If I can stabilize things, will get together with glennr for a 89 for 89 pack when the weather warms up.

Sucks...

Oh no :( Sorry to hear this, man...

[With] my work schedule, I have not been a very good reef-keeper. Most things look to be coming back slowly, which is good.

I'm in the same boat :(

Thanks Gena...I know I can count on your for frags! :flower:

Between moving and my work schedule, I have not been a very good reef-keeper. Most things look to be coming back slowly, which is good.

STILL looking forward to my IM 20 build, which will start with the stand construction.

When will things start settling for you? Or have you always traveled this much? Seems like a lot of international travel

for you lately :).

Settled? Nice concept, I suppose...

I flew about 100K miles in the last six months, no end in site. ATO on everything from here on out, and will have Laura mind the shop when I am out.

Oh no :( Sorry to hear this, man...

I'm in the same boat :(

Thanks man. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 21 April 2015

Well, another minicrash. Had turf and GHA, as well as what I expect were dinos. Rockwork was very unstable, so tried dosing peroxide and apparently overdid it. All snails dies and nuked the tank again.

Restart...

Chipped all viable corals off of rockwork and set the rest out to dry. Did 100% water change, scrubbed the tank top to bottom, rinsed. Did peroxide dip on surviving corals.

Here is what we look like today. AOGs, pink and golds, nuke explosions, and others seems to be ok. Tubbs blue, midas, and some more are maybes. GSP survived (no kidding), so trying to restand the back wall grass project.

Bought some more snails for cuc, and another hermit. Surprisingly, found a hermit survivor in the morass, and the pom pom crab is still kicking!

We shall see where we go from here. Better husbandry, more stock when stable, and some more rock when I can.

DCFF3E19-F706-4E5E-9D78-DE50455D2E89.jpg

Well shit. That sux Evan. Keep at it and don't forget to feed sumthin to keep the Pom-pom going.

I hate to hear of the woes man, You still traveling alot?

Thanks for the notes guys. It looks like I will salvage about half of my original zoas/palys, and Glennr is just down at the coast so I think I can arrange for a restock when the thing is stable. A little bad luck, a little neglect, and a little redemption.

Will feed when I think the algae is in check. The astrea and large turbo should help!

Aw crap! hate to hear of any tank crashing, no matter how big or small. Glad you were able to salvage some corals though. Another new beginning.

Thx A! Hope all is well out your way. Will keep you all posted on progress. Geno promised to help me restock! I think the Oxides she gave me might have made it as well.

Sorry to hear about this! Hoping he restock goes well for you ?

It's be fine. Going to wait a month or so to stabilize, then add some more rock. No hurry for me.

Small update...

Algae and dinoe gone. I have the return nozzle pointed such that I have all detritus piling up in back of tanke, where I can suction is out easy every day. After several filter floss changes everything is clean and shiny. Hermits are taking care of any non-viable debris in the tank, and snails keeping window polished.

I have probably 100-ish surviving polyps from probably more than 500 at peak. Everything still is small and looks weak. After a water change this weekend, I will dose a little bit of Kent's Accel and see how things do.

Archived