Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - what do you attribute your success to with the zoas? I read you were using kent marine coral accel which seems to be a pretty highly regarded product..

Tried to keep optimal environment...good LED light, weekly 25% water changes, floss/CPE/Purigen in InTank media basket.

Feed Reef Roids and Kent Acel which EVERYTHING seems to like.

Where you be in Tejas ?

oh and :welcome:

Austin...and Thx!

Oh god it's reached the west, we are done for us an our hand sanitizer and such

No worries...I got it.

On another note...relatively bad news. Nothing is doing well. Moose is dead (really dead), but the zoanthids/palys are super pissed but alive.

Gena's trumpets are in shreds but there is color underneath some dead tissue...leaving it alone for now. Her purple monticap seems to have lived!

GSP wall toast, but a few shreds survived for me to restart the green monster.

Rock structure detached, will have to re-epoxy it.

Will post pics later...

Tried to keep optimal environment...good LED light, weekly 25% water changes, floss/CPE/Purigen in InTank media basket.

Feed Reef Roids and Kent Acel which EVERYTHING seems to like.

Austin...and Thx!

No worries...I got it.

On another note...relatively bad news. Nothing is doing well. Moose is dead (really dead), but the zoanthids/palys are super pissed but alive.

Gena's trumpets are in shreds but there is color underneath some dead tissue...leaving it alone for now. Her purple monticap seems to have lived!

GSP wall toast, but a few shreds survived for me to restart the green monster.

Rock structure detached, will have to re-epoxy it.

Will post pics later...

was it from the move? or something else? sorry to hear the bad news.......

how's texas treating you? bought a gun yet? =P

Hi, E!!!!! All settled in??? Bad news on some of the coral. I'm glad the purple cap was a survivor :lol:.

Thx G! We are in corporate housing, wrote on a house this morning. Cross your fingers!

May hit you up for some stuff when we move in and I set up my IM 16.

was it from the move? or something else? sorry to hear the bad news.......

how's texas treating you? bought a gun yet? =P

Yet? Ummm...carried all the way from NV. Permitted in 41 states!

Thx G! We are in corporate housing, wrote on a house this morning. Cross your fingers!

May hit you up for some stuff when we move in and I set up my IM 16.

Woot! Good luck!!!! fingerscrossed

:happydance:

Send me a picture of it when you can. I want to see what I missed out on :lol:. Congrats!!!!!!

Sent you a text...please hook me up with your bro so he can show me the local LFS scene!

Sent you a text...please hook me up with your bro so he can show me the local LFS scene!

Hah...we've got this all taken care of :). Wish I was there to join in!!!!!
  • 3 months later...

my turbo snail looks even worse than yours. i can't even pull the algae off of it cuz it's so slippery.

Heh. Putting the final coat of urethane on the new stand and will give the system the what fer when I move it. When I see everything has settled back down and is looking good, I will order new stuff from Glennr.

• 4 weeks later...

Heh. Putting the final coat of urethane on the new stand and will give the system the what fer when I move it. When I see everything has settled back down and is looking good, I will order new stuff from Glennr.

Hey man thanks for the nomination- appreciate that? did you make it home from the snow storms?

Im looking for pictures of this walnut stand...

Got it from Furniture in the Raw...made of paranoid. Stained beautifully.

http://www.furnitureintherawtx.com/showroom/whitewood-bombay-tall-end-table/

Wife made a runner from some awesome deep blue fabric. Will take pics when I get home.

Unfortunate, had to take tank COMPLETELY apart, scrub the rock with peroxide, and do 100% water change. Did weeklong blackout to get Dino's and GHA. Tank NOT happy. Might have to reboot completely with new coral.

Hey man thanks for the nomination- appreciate that did you make it home from the snow storms?

Headed out this morning...and dude, your tank is righteous!

Headed out this morning...and dude, your tank is righteous!

Travel safe........thanks man- I dumped photobucket for imgur- the bandwidth for photobucket will be reset on the 7th so those older photos will be open again. Thanks for cking things out!

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch...serious crash.

Removing the sand released a ton of crap which recycled the tank. Nothing seems more than mostly dead, but it ain't pretty.

At one point, I had bubble algae, GHA, and dinos. Scrubbed tank, did FW/peroxide dip, and scrubbed everything with a toothbrush.

All snails dies, but one hermit and pom pom pulled through. Everything is PISSED.

Did a 100% water change and 10-15% per day since. Put two astreas in to clean up diatom mess after cycle. If I can stabilize things, will get together with glennr for a 89 for 89 pack when the weather warms up.

Sucks...

Archived