inTank Media Baskets

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

You could do a vertical 10 for a pair of thumbnails It's actually kind of annoying lol, I just want to be a the hard scape stage already, but the final image will be awesome me tinks!

Maybe after college and I get a real job I'll have lots and lots of neat animals!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe after college and I get a real job I'll have lots and lots of neat animals!

Just make sure you find a significant other who will enjoy them as well, my wifey lets me be me and that invokes these crazy projects. On a serious note life would be pretty dull if I couldn't express my form of art.

So i've been doing a lot of research and it seems the auratus and pumilio both live in the same region of alot of area like costa rica and panama so I think with a pair of each will be more then enough for this tank for them to keep out of each other hair and this way I get the best of both world. The main reason i'm racking my brain about this is I want to build the viv to suit there needs. This is all i'm going with for now but if I feel the tank can handle something else I will add a pair of imi's or something from the same region, but thats way down the road

and looks like someone already did this

unff is the noise I make when any of the following occurs

• I get punched in the gut
  • my toe stubs a table or other equally hard object
  • both the above happen in the space of twenty (20) seconds
  • I'm aroused by your vivarium

unff is the noise I make when any of the following occurs

• I get punched in the gut
  • my toe stubs a table or other equally hard object
  • both the above happen in the space of twenty (20) seconds
  • I'm aroused by your vivarium

:lol:

Giga you are going to give me a heart attack with the level of awesomesauce you are producing across these three projects :D.

well thank you very much!

Don't think I posted this in here but this was my last vivarium, that I tore down right before my daughter was born

20121213123732.jpg

20121231140137.jpg

20121213123904.jpg

20121208190149.jpg

20121209191520.jpgdsc02688ua.jpg

dsc02712w.jpg

I have always wanted Australian Green Tree Frogs ever since I was a kid. The expense and the required licenses always kept it in the 'too hard' pile for me. I am seriously considering giving it a shot now, especially after seeing the beauty of the displays.

I have always wanted Australian Green Tree Frogs ever since I was a kid. The expense and the required licenses always kept it in the 'too hard' pile for me. I am seriously considering giving it a shot now, especially after seeing the beauty of the displays.

honestly once it's set up theres like no work compared to a reef tank

Really like all the builds you are doing, they are all unique and amazing! If only frogs weren't so demanding- having to be fed everyday- I would probably do a viv.

Really like all the builds you are doing, they are all unique and amazing! If only frogs weren't so demanding- having to be fed everyday- I would probably do a viv.

takes like like 10 mins a day to feed them-not really a big deal, plus I like this kind of thing so it's not so bad.

What does routine maintenance consist of for a small viv like 10-20 gallons

It depends on species and tank setup-I would go peruse dendroboard -there's a wealth of info there

So i've been doing a lot of research and it seems the auratus and pumilio both live in the same region of alot of area like costa rica and panama so I think with a pair of each will be more then enough for this tank for them to keep out of each other hair and this way I get the best of both world. The main reason i'm racking my brain about this is I want to build the viv to suit there needs. This is all i'm going with for now but if I feel the tank can handle something else I will add a pair of imi's or something from the same region, but thats way down the road

and looks like someone already did this

Eh, I'd be hesitant about mixing the two. Pumilio are notoriously territorial. And auratus are like, 4X their size. All the pumilio in the video were hiding except the calling male. Were they hiding from the calling male, or from the auratus? IDK. Auratus are pretty cheap, but I wouldn't want to have to replace a pumilio...

What does routine maintenance consist of for a small viv like 10-20 gallons

Routine maintenance:

Weekly:

Feeding fruit flies (3x-5x per week)

Hand misting (2x-5x per week. None if you buy an automatic mister)

Monthly:

Make new fly cultures (1x-3x per month, depending on how many frogs you have)

Easy peasy lemon squeazy

well thank you very much!

Don't think I posted this in here but this was my last vivarium, that I tore down right before my daughter was born

I was a big fan of that build on DB. It was a shame that is was torn down.

Oh, do you have a plant list for whats going in this build?

Eh, I'd be hesitant about mixing the two. Pumilio are notoriously territorial. And auratus are like, 4X their size. All the pumilio in the video were hiding except the calling male. Were they hiding from the calling male, or from the auratus? IDK. Auratus are pretty cheap, but I wouldn't want to have to replace a pumilio...

Routine maintenance:

Weekly:

Feeding fruit flies (3x-5x per week)

Hand misting (2x-5x per week. None if you buy an automatic mister)

Monthly:

Make new fly cultures (1x-3x per month, depending on how many frogs you have)

Easy peasy lemon squeazy

I was a big fan of that build on DB. It was a shame that is was torn down.

Oh, do you have a plant list for whats going in this build?

Maybe just thumbnails will be in here but the vivarium is 151 gallons so I think they should be ok to stay out of each other hair, I'm gonna have to play it by ear.

So far here my plant list and it's just orchids and some I already have

Epibator (Zootrophion) serpentinus

Pleurothallis tribuloides

masdevllia nidifica

Restrepia trichoglossa

Pleurothallis grobyi-

Bulb. lasiochilum

Den. Laevifolium

Bulbo alagense 'Small Form'

Bulbophyllum MINUTULUM

Masdevallia bangii

Trisetella cordeliae

Lepanthes calodictyon

Lep. Telipogoniflora

Haraella retrocalla

Haraella odorata

Barbosella orbicularis

Pleurothallis resupinata

So far here my plant list and it's just orchids and some I already have Epibator (Zootrophion) serpentinus Pleurothallis tribuloides masdevllia nidifica Restrepia trichoglossa Pleurothallis grobyi- Bulb. lasiochilum Den. Laevifolium Bulbo alagense 'Small Form' Bulbophyllum MINUTULUM Masdevallia bangii Trisetella cordeliae Lepanthes calodictyon Lep. Telipogoniflora Haraella retrocalla Haraella odorata Barbosella orbicularis Pleurothallis resupinata

Shiiitttt

Ah, haraella is pretty nice

haereodorata.jpg

I'd also recommend some jewel orchids like macodes for the ground. Unless you have fat frogs. My azureus like to stomp on mine :angry:

:)

Ah, haraella is pretty nice

haereodorata.jpg

I'd also recommend some jewel orchids like macodes for the ground. Unless you have fat frogs. My azureus like to stomp on mine :angry:

I love mini orchids almost as much as the frogs- some of them are harder to find but that's the fun! I'm actually gonna try and avoid all terrestrial plants for this tank, also might be adding a shadow box to this to give it more depth. I'm going for something that uses good negative space to give a more dramatic feel. In stead over just stuffing it with plants, like a jungle, I want this to be good for the frogs and a real show stopper.

Mr. Microscope

Dude, you aught to be doing installs in museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck! Following.

Dude, you aught to be doing installs in museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck! Following.

You know your not the first person to say that....., thanks! I'm very excited to see this finish, can't wait to get frogs there so much fun to watch

Sorry I just need to post here so this topic will be in my content and I can easily find it... This should be amazing.

Vivs look so awesome. I've wanted one for years, but they seem expensive and annoying to maintain, like aquariums. I'll just have to settle for awkwardly catching tadpoles by myself on the side of a busy road and releasing them into my greenhouse. Frogs are the shit omg.

EDIT: You should put some Nepenthes in there. :D

When it is done you must promise us a video, oooooh and pics of course :)

I will post a vid and a gaggle of pics!

Sorry I just need to post here so this topic will be in my content and I can easily find it... This should be amazing.

Vivs look so awesome. I've wanted one for years, but they seem expensive and annoying to maintain, like aquariums. I'll just have to settle for awkwardly catching tadpoles by myself on the side of a busy road and releasing them into my greenhouse. Frogs are the shit omg.

EDIT: You should put some Nepenthes in there. :D

Vivs are not so bad, also I don't think I'm put some nepenthes, as I don't want the basti's to get stuck. Thanks for the compliments!

Archived