Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, there is still a bit in me that is hesitant on the IM tanks. Given their problems in the past (yes I know it was thin, rounded glass and the fusions are not), it makes me rethink this. I know JBB loves his fusion 20 so far, but the seam issue he had (and I also know it ended up not being a problem) makes me consider just sticking with what I have, or going to another AIO-style tank.

Violent jeez this is a family forum hehe xD

It's a violent family 'round here ;)

Wife said "I think we can afford that without any problem." So I just need to figure out the best option to get the IM 10 - locally (if LFS carries them) or on MD?

This thread is pending closure, title changed, and now I need to figure out the sand possibilities.

I thought about "incoming" but imminent sounded more serious, dramatic, and epic. I now hear a female AI voice in my head, like in a sic fi movie or game, saying "Brace yourselves. Upgrade Imminent."

I thought about "incoming" but imminent sounded more serious, dramatic, and epic. I now hear a female AI voice in my head, like in a sic fi movie or game, saying "Brace yourselves. Upgrade Imminent."

Great, now all I can think of is Cybermen.

Or the Daleks?

Ok so sand, people. Sand.

Do I go CaribSea Fiji Pink

Crushed Coral

Pacific Black

or Tropic Eden Reef Flakes?

I'm going to put in enough sand to have 12.7mm to 24.5mm (0.5-1") in the bottom of the tank. I'd guess around 8 pounds. The Black and Pink come in 20 lbs bags for 30-35ish. The reef flakes are 40 for 30lbs. It feels kind of crazy to buy it at all because of how much I'm going to use, but whatever.

I want it large enough to NOT blow all over the damn place again. The stock pump in the Fusion 10 is kind of wimpy, but I'm going to put the koralia 240 in again. There should be enough room and water volume to handle that.

Or the Daleks?Ok so sand, people. Sand. Do I go CaribSea Fiji Pink Crushed Coral Pacific Black or Tropic Eden Reef Flakes? I'm going to put in enough sand to have 12.7mm to 24.5mm (0.5-1") in the bottom of the tank. I'd guess around 8 pounds. The Black and Pink come in 20 lbs bags for 30-35ish. The reef flakes are 40 for 30lbs. It feels kind of crazy to buy it at all because of how much I'm going to use, but whatever. I want it large enough to NOT blow all over the damn place again. The stock pump in the Fusion 10 is kind of wimpy, but I'm going to put the koralia 240 in again. There should be enough room and water volume to handle that.
Tropic Eden reef flakes is the best sand evah.

caribsea seafloor special grade
Meh

Do you need a tank? I can help out with a Nano Box tank. Super good price.

Only way the wife will agree to a different tank is an AIO.

Whats the deal with media baskets?

If they're no good, take it out. Put a small Sicce in there, pipe it to a TLF 150 on the outside, then back in again.

I've looked at that Nuvo10, I kinda am interesed in it too, actually. I wouldnt let the media basket stop me.

At worst, buy a few 11" Boyds bags, and make your own Chemi Pure Purple Gold Onyx formula baggy.(whatever color Purigen is, put that color in the name, if you like Purigen).

Their little video shows hands putting junk in back chambers. Since the vid is used for both the 10 and 20, its hard to tell what fits and what doesnt.

Change the stock pump out too, to a little Sicce. PA has Sicce pumps for like 20% off until Sept.

sold.

The special grade I tossed in my emergency setup to save a dottyback from sixline destruction has way more dust, even after a month, than my fiji and bimini pink had right out of the bag. I picked up some reef flakes but haven't used it yet so I can't personally give an opinion on it. The special grade won't blow around and is easy to vacuum but if you do get it, make sure you rinse it a few hundred times

The special grade I tossed in my emergency setup to save a dottyback from sixline destruction has way more dust, even after a month, than my fiji and bimini pink had right out of the bag. I picked up some reef flakes but haven't used it yet so I can't personally give an opinion on it. The special grade won't blow around and is easy to vacuum but if you do get it, make sure you rinse it a few hundred times

Oh, there is no way that ANY sand could possibly have more dust than the sand I have currently. It took months to get figured out. I rinsed the hell out of it too. I'll be sure to rinse it well, though. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Also - since I'm going special grade from Caribsea - do I want Arag-alive or Dry?

Ok people - here are my Rock options. I'm going Dry rock.

Reef Cleaners - $38 for 15lbs, free shipping.

Aquamaxx from MD - $32.50 for 10lbs, shipping included, I'd get my sand here, too if I order here.

BRS Reef Saver Rock - $39 for 10lbs, shipping included, I'd get my sand here, too if I order here.

How much rock you want? I've got more shitloads than I know what to do with.

I was going to do 10lbs - does that seem normal or is 15 better?

Dino rock or no?

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

Archived