Cultivated Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Your tanks are awesome, Gena! They are easy to maintain so you should have no problem keeping them happy. My only problems with them is that they grow too fast! :)

It's not that exciting Felicia :P

Thank you :happy:. Ok good...I hope they grow really well for me too :).

Pshhhh...don't listen to him Felicia!!!! It IS exciting :D.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that exciting Felicia :P

Not true! Its always exciting meeting NR people. Also, I'm jealous you got to see Gena's tank in person. I saw her 28 gallon in person, but I haven't seen her current tank or the rock flower tank.

Not true! Its always exciting meeting NR people. Also, I'm jealous you got to see Gena's tank in person. I saw her 28 gallon in person, but I haven't seen her current tank or the rock flower tank.

I really liked her systems. Everything looked so healthy. Her little flow box tank has some nice color. It is very interesting to watch with the little anemone shrimp in it. You should make another trip to check it out!

How much flow is coming from that return? Is there no other circulation pump?

I have a HOB filter and a rio50 pump. I've been thinking of adding another power head to the mix as well. Probably another rio50.

I really liked her systems. Everything looked so healthy. Her little flow box tank has some nice color. It is very interesting to watch with the little anemone shrimp in it. You should make another trip to check it out!

Well, thank you! We're going to try to convince Zia to come see us (me and Felicia) next time he's in SoCal!!!!! We can all meet at my house. I can let you know if that happens. Hopefully you won't be in Peru by then.

Gena - this thing looks unbelievable... I mean... Whoa. The idea to upgrade was perfect. The tank looks SO. DAMN. GOOD!!!!

Thank you, my friend :). I'm really happy I went the route I did with this.

I ordered another rio50 for more circulation, but I also ordered the rio90. It's not much bigger size wise but puts out more flow. Maybe I could get away with just that one, or that and one rio50. They are relatively cheap so it was worth buying both to experiment.

I have a HOB filter and a rio50 pump. I've been thinking of adding another power head to the mix as well. Probably another rio50.

Well, thank you! We're going to try to convince Zia to come see us (me and Felicia) next time he's in SoCal!!!!! We can all meet at my house. I can let you know if that happens. Hopefully you won't be in Peru by then.

Party at Gena's place...I'll bring the beer!

Stopping in to say Hello! how are the Sakuras doing?

Hello, my dear :happy:. Unfortunately they aren't looking too hot. Only a few polyps left now and they won't open and look pathetic :(. I think they just got too cold. Boo hoo :tears:.

Weather is a PITA LOL.

Got my new rio pump in the mail today for this tank. I had ordered a rio50 and a rio90. Turns out the rio50 is on back order so it wasn't sent. And the rio90 is absolutely PERFECT for this tank. So I went ahead and canceled the rio50. Save a few dollars :).

Tank is looking purdy!!!! Just about to do a water change on it. Have a few diatoms on the sand but other than that..... :wub:

FTS 4-22-14

4-22-14fts_zps591ad11d.jpg

i like the yuma on the right =). is that the pink yuma you got for a good deal awhile back??

Thanks! Nope...that one is in my 45g tank. This one is my freebie from Lalani :wub:.

Poop. Ok will have to wait till it gets even warmer LoL

Thanks, M :flower:

Wow, I was sad to hear you were breaking down the 3G, but this upgrade is awesome!

Thanks! It's a huge improvement for everyone :). Everybody is much happier now!

So how many rock flowers do you have total? I lost count. :)

12 or 13...I don't even know LOL :D.

The new pump is working great!!! Almost too good. I had a big pit in the front sand from it being displaced by the flow from the pump. I turned down the flow since the sand was burying one of my favorite anemones and I don't want that anemone to move from where it is right now :).

this tank has so many things i like in a setup, big foot print, shallower dimension, and rock flowers! this is my fav tank on here :) i have a question about the nems though, and since you have so many... is it normal for their mouths to rest a little open like that? i have one thats very similar to your green one up front and right side of your last pic, and he does the exact same thing all of yours seem to do, not close all the way! ive seen the vivid video on buying nems and its always made me wonder.. yours are obviously happy so mine's hopefully be ok fingerscrossed

this tank has so many things i like in a setup, big foot print, shallower dimension, and rock flowers! this is my fav tank on here :) i have a question about the nems though, and since you have so many... is it normal for their mouths to rest a little open like that? i have one thats very similar to your green one up front and right side of your last pic, and he does the exact same thing all of yours seem to do, not close all the way! ive seen the vivid video on buying nems and its always made me wonder.. yours are obviously happy so mine's hopefully be ok fingerscrossed

Thank you so much!!!! :happy:

I assume all is ok even if the mouths are not tightly shut all the time. I really don't know for certain. Mine look like that photo right now so I think it's just how they are. They are very healthy and happy so I can only assume it is normal. I'll have to check out your Fluval Spec V :D.

Legendary Corals

Hello, my dear :happy:. Unfortunately they aren't looking too hot. Only a few polyps left now and they won't open and look pathetic :(. I think they just got too cold. Boo hoo :tears:.

Weather is a PITA LOL.

Got my new rio pump in the mail today for this tank. I had ordered a rio50 and a rio90. Turns out the rio50 is on back order so it wasn't sent. And the rio90 is absolutely PERFECT for this tank. So I went ahead and canceled the rio50. Save a few dollars :).

Tank is looking purdy!!!! Just about to do a water change on it. Have a few diatoms on the sand but other than that..... :wub:

FTS 4-22-14

4-22-14fts_zps591ad11d.jpg

Loving the rock nems Gena. I've always liked them, but afraid that they might eat my small fish.

Loving the rock nems Gena. I've always liked them, but afraid that they might eat my small fish.

I don't know how it is but my fish stay away completely, even the little docile YCG and tailspot. It just seems like they know not to go near. They don't even go near them. And in general though they don't seem to close up so fast. I touch one quickly and it hides itself under the sand really quick.

Thanks, D!!!!!

There's always a risk, but like Annette said..they seem to know to stay away. I have a Green clown goby and a masked goby and neither are having trouble with the nems. I would go for it. They are definitely not as aggressive as the maxi mini anemones.

Archived