Innovative Marine Aquariums

My Flower Box

gena

I love it, Gena! That light is KILLER!! I actually really like the white in there.

Thanks, tibbsy! The light is awesome. I think you'll really love it. It's definitely BRIGHT. I almost wish I went with the dimmable version. The white is bugging me. I'll get over it though. :lol:

Wow, that light looks amazing over that tank!!!!!! Nice nems!

Thanks, D!!!! Yeah...not too bad for "cheap" nems!!! ;)

I really like the new light! I didn't see the white rectangle until you pointed it out. Its really not very noticeable.

Those rock flowers from KPA looks awesome! I really like the white one and I can't really see the orange one like you said, but its looks like its a nice bright orange from what I can see :)

Thanks, Felicia! I'm glad the white isn't noticeable to anyone but me.

The rock flowers are really nice. The white nem is probably my favorite. The orange has white in it too. It's a bright orange. I can't wait to see it fully open.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the assorted one in your photos? What color is it?

If the white is really bugging you, you could always get a can of Krylon Fushion and spray paint that part black.

Where is the assorted one in your photos? What color is it?

If the white is really bugging you, you could always get a can of Krylon Fushion and spray paint that part black.

It's at the top right now. I took a picture but it didn't turn out. I need to turn the filter off to get a good one. I'll try tomorrow unless it decides to hide during the night. It's mostly white with maybe some green/brown. The white on it is pretty.

I'm hoping that caulerpa will grow tall and hide the white rectangle eventually. I'll just have to wait a bit.

Love your new mini-cube and don't see anything wrong with your light. Actually it gives your scape some depth which is great considering its size and limitations. Will def follow as it evolves and I do get the affection swings lol feel the same way about my sexy cube that steals most of my attention lately. Great job G and great idea with stocking lightly but still unique.

Love your new mini-cube and don't see anything wrong with your light. Actually it gives your scape some depth which is great considering its size and limitations. Will def follow as it evolves and I do get the affection swings lol feel the same way about my sexy cube that steals most of my attention lately. Great job G and great idea with stocking lightly but still unique.

Thanks Maniu! :)

So far the 3 flowers I bought from KPA are staying put. My original green one is on the move. I took a cool picture of it when it stopped briefly by my white one. It continued on, unfortunately, because they looked good together. This morning it was about on top of my pink rainbow palys so I removed it. I moved it all the way to the other side of the rocks. Maybe it will like it there.

Here's the photo I took yesterday.

flowers_zps2c23c7fa.jpg

Thanks Maniu! :)So far the 3 flowers I bought from KPA are staying put. My original green one is on the move. I took a cool picture of it when it stopped briefly by my white one. It continued on, unfortunately, because they looked good together. This morning it was about on top of my pink rainbow palys so I removed it. I moved it all the way to the other side of the rocks. Maybe it will like it there.Here's the photo I took yesterday.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/flowers_zps2c23c7fa.jpg.html'>flowers_zps2c23c7fa.jpg

I noticed that my green and purple one likes the shaded underside of a ledge, while my orange likes it more in the light. I was also hoping for them to stay in a grouping. We'll just have to put more in to fill the voids!

I noticed that my green and purple one likes the shaded underside of a ledge, while my orange likes it more in the light. I was also hoping for them to stay in a grouping. We'll just have to put more in to fill the voids!

That's good to know! Mine seems to be following suit! The green just kept on moving. My white moved to where it is in the photo and stopped. The orange is right at the top (high lighting) but squished inside a crevice. It's not moving, but it's coming out more and more now.

I also stuck my KPA red st. thomas mushroom in this tank. It detached itself in the 45 cube and I didn't feel like putting it back in the sump to attach so it's now permanently in this pico. :)

Sorry they're walking around! Hopefully they find good spots in plain view and stay put! I really like the white one :)

So far it's just the green one. I stuck him on the right at the base of the rock. He seems to like it so far. No moving.

The white one is my favorite right now too. I have 3 more coming in next week, from Morgan :lol:. Me and jack1978 went in on an order together to get free shipping.

What a perfect little reef! So natural looking.

A true 'bonsai' pico reef. :) W-

Thanks, Ward. :happy:

I originally was going to just put macros in here, but then I remembered my freebie green flower anemone in my sump refugium and figured it would go well in the pico. It kinda snowballed from there. :lol:

My green flower anemone moved to the back of the tank yesterday, out of eyesight. Today it's moving back to the front. :happydance:

It's on the right top in this photo. I hope it stays there. That would be an absolutely PERFECT spot for it, right by the orange one.

pico11-18-13_zpsd72ea670.jpg

Tomorrow Jack1978 and I may get our combined order from Reefgardner. That means 3 more rock flowers for me. :D

Wait where is this KPA you got those nems from? Definitely in the market for some the only ones I could find were brown tan and white and I'm somewhat disappointed in them.

Ahh sealife inc. Yeah they look pretty good I got my stuff from saltcritters and while it was 50 percent off some of the stuff I got could have been better, although there were a few things that I got for a ridiculous price so I'll call it even. Think I will complete my ric garden from them and get my sexy shrimp a nicer house, although not sure what I'll do with the nems I have now maybe find a home for them locally.

My green flower anemone moved to the back of the tank yesterday, out of eyesight. Today it's moving back to the front. :happydance:

It's on the right top in this photo. I hope it stays there. That would be an absolutely PERFECT spot for it, right by the orange one.

pico11-18-13_zpsd72ea670.jpg

Tomorrow Jack1978 and I may get our combined order from Reefgardner. That means 3 more rock flowers for me. :D

That's going to look nice when they all start cooperating! Is it still a "may"....or do we have confirmation? B)

I'm mad at you for buying most of their nems apparently! Still, got a nice blue and yellow one, some rics, another sexy shrimp, a masked goby, and a mantis for my friend so thank you for making me remember that they existed! Lol your tank looks nice btw rock flower nems are one of my favorites now.

Looks great from where I am seating. Anem-shrimps will love it! And great collection of macro ....... so jealous

Thanks! :flower:

I'm looking forward to buying some shrimp for the tank. Well, I'll just have to send you some macro someday, if you want it. :)

Wait where is this KPA you got those nems from? Definitely in the market for some the only ones I could find were brown tan and white and I'm somewhat disappointed in them.

Ahh sealife inc. Yeah they look pretty good I got my stuff from saltcritters and while it was 50 percent off some of the stuff I got could have been better, although there were a few things that I got for a ridiculous price so I'll call it even. Think I will complete my ric garden from them and get my sexy shrimp a nicer house, although not sure what I'll do with the nems I have now maybe find a home for them locally.

I saw saltcritter's anemones. Too bad they sent you some blah ones. I've seen the ricordeas they send out though, so that probably does make up for it. :)

If you don't mind spending some dollars, reefgardener.net gets really pretty ones in stock. Also, try Aquascapers. ;)

That's going to look nice when they all start cooperating! Is it still a "may"....or do we have confirmation? B)

:happydance:

See you tomorrow!!!!!

I'm mad at you for buying most of their nems apparently! Still, got a nice blue and yellow one, some rics, another sexy shrimp, a masked goby, and a mantis for my friend so thank you for making me remember that they existed! Lol your tank looks nice btw rock flower nems are one of my favorites now.

Did you see their WYSIWYG section with anemones????

Thank you!!!! I'm a bit obsessed with them myself. :D

Confirmation received...rock flower anemones are in transit. :happydance:

Its looking great. I still don't see your 4th rock nem though. Is it the back somewhere?

Coral packages are always exciting! What colors did you get from Morgan? I'm glad you had someone to split an order with to get free shipping :)

Yeah I got a nice one from the WYSIWYG this is the one I ended up getting.

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=370

I was actually just looking at one of the poo colored ones I got and it's looking like it's starting to show a bit of green and maybe some faint red so maybe it will color up at least a bit.

Maybe if we get some spawning going on we can trade.

I been eyeing that one =P. You beat me to it.

Archived