SaltCritters.com

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could I get some the next time you have any to spare? I'd love to put some in my 3 gallon.

Of course :). I'll send you a PM when I'm ready to prune it. I have one other person that requested some as well but I should have enough to send to both of you.

I just did a big pruning last week so it will probably be a couple of weeks before the next one.

love the new light, pretty cool seein the tank under deep blues too.

Thanks :). I'm really enjoying the new look and fanciness of it. Everything is responding really well to it too :happydance:.

Of course :). I'll send you a PM when I'm ready to prune it. I have one other person that requested some as well but I should have enough to send to both of you.

I just did a big pruning last week so it will probably be a couple of weeks before the next one.

Great, thanks gena! This is probably a dumb question, but how do you attach it where you want it? My first thought would be super glue like I do with moss in planted tanks, but I didn't know if that would work or not.

Great, thanks gena! This is probably a dumb question, but how do you attach it where you want it? My first thought would be super glue like I do with moss in planted tanks, but I didn't know if that would work or not.

Not dumb :). You can stuff it into a little crevice to hold it in place. It will attach on it's own within a day or two typically. No more than a week. Or I've heard of people using super glue too.

It's growing SUPER fast so I'll definitely have some to send soon :).

always so inspiring to catch up on this thread.

gena, was that a clown goby hiding in a mushroom

on the last page? the one that you said looked silly?

Thanks :). Yep...he/she is a green clown goby. Lots of personality in that small fish :).

Thanks :). Yep...he/she is a green clown goby. Lots of personality in that small fish :).

excellent! i'm keen on picking up one for myself

this weekend. my first saltwater tank fishie! there

was a blue clown goby too, i think, at AW. then i'm

open to suggestions and votes on a second fish from

fam--though i'll make the ultimate choice. ha! :happy:

excellent! i'm keen on picking up one for myself

this weekend. my first saltwater tank fishie! there

was a blue clown goby too, i think, at AW. then i'm

open to suggestions and votes on a second fish from

fam--though i'll make the ultimate choice. ha! :happy:

You'll love it if you get one. I have two small gobies in my 8g and they are the perfect amount. My other one is a masked goby. Not too common of a fish....I think because they look more like freshwater. But I really like them anyways :).
  • 1 month later...

I've been neglecting this thread. Took some photos today. You may notice the SPS is gone. I decided to remove them to keep this just a softy and LPS tank. It's easier :). The SPS were moved to my big tank.

IMG_8688_zps8aabe2e0.jpg

IMG_8695_zpsf68ce379.jpg

IMG_8694_zps5f5a3fcc.jpg

IMG_8690_zpsef504e31.jpg

IMG_8689_zps8e13b8bd.jpg

IMG_8692_zps343eb34c.jpg

I should have bugged you for an update, nice to see this pop up in my list. :)

This is a beautiful tank and you know it's worthy of TOTM to complete the trifecta.

Good move getting the SPS out of here. :) I'm debating losing my monti frags in order to return my "small" 29 gallon to softie/lps. That little tank is more work than my big one and I'm getting tired of it. :D

I should have bugged you for an update, nice to see this pop up in my list. :)

This is a beautiful tank and you know it's worthy of TOTM to complete the trifecta.

Good move getting the SPS out of here. :) I'm debating losing my monti frags in order to return my "small" 29 gallon to softie/lps. That little tank is more work than my big one and I'm getting tired of it. :D

Thanks, Mark :). I don't do photos as much anymore because I have a horrible time getting good ones...cuz of the LEDs. It blows out the colors and I don't do color correction at all...too lazy LOL.

Yeah, I figured why give myself more work having SPS in here when I have the perfect setup in the big tank for them :). Lose the montis, but not the 29....I enjoy both of your tanks :).

Really nice colors in this tank do those nems tend to stay put?

Thanks :). They occasionally move. I have one that is moving right now. Keeps going back and forth between the green trumpets and the big green rock flower. It's confused I guess LOL. Most of the others don't move at all.

I don'the miss the SPS at all, this cute little tank is really showy and impressive without them....and I am sure they look great in your other tank.

I don'the miss the SPS at all, this cute little tank is really showy and impressive without them....and I am sure they look great in your other tank.

Thanks! I actually think this tank looks better without the SPS too :).

LPS tank FTW!

Right on :D.

Two more pictures from today :)

I love this little guy so much. He's my little buddy. He's not the least bit afraid of me anymore. I bet I could pet him if I tried LOL.

IMG_8705copy_zps70be9a57.jpg

Fresh new coat on this guy...pearly white :wub:

IMG_8708copy_zpsbc3eef06.jpg

You know what this thread is missing lately? A video! :)

Ok...how's that for fast? It's short and not fancy, but it's a video ;). That loud hum is not this tank. It's actually my saltwater mixing bucket which is nearby. That pump is loud.

Archived