Cultivated Reef

Temperate New Zealand Pico

brookie

We have had a Triplefin before (see pic in post 14), which are really cool wee fish. I've had a thing for them since I was younger, take lots of pics of them diving haha. But I've found in such a small tank it's a lot easier to keep stable and feed everything well without a fish, plus critters don't go "missing" :D

llama roadkill
We have had a Triplefin before (see pic in post 14), which are really cool wee fish. I've had a thing for them since I was younger, take lots of pics of the diving haha. But I've found in such a small tank it's a lot easier to keep stable and feed everything well without a fish, plus critters don't go "missing" :D

I saw the triplefin, really neat. So sorry he passed. :( I agree completely. My fish died of ich and it is really easy to care for the tank now, but it is sad that they died...

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would share the wee bit of excitement we were greeted with. Well we have seen the remains from crustacean moults many times but have never seen the actual event. Well my family and I got to witness the porcellain crab go through the whole process. It was pretty exciting :)

I wonder if I can order your probe with the correct voltage since I know the owner of the probe I can ask.

New Zealand and Australia use a different plug shape - a vee. That will probably require an adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Current full tank shot, sorry it took so long for me to get one up life has been a little busy in my household. We are trying some new macro algae, Codmium fragile, fingers crossed it goes well. Also just collected some small mussels for the star to "hunt".

post-42241-0-89602000-1390280337_thumb.jpg

post-42241-0-62119900-1390280428_thumb.jpg

post-42241-0-27136700-1390280445_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry there hasn't been any updates for a while. It's been a busy semester at university. We acquired a small hermit crab from a grab sample for uni from the Otago Shelf off the coast here, about 3 months ago. It has grown from about 3mm in size (body not shell) to almost 1cm. We also acquired a 2cm triplefin about a month ago, which unfortunately resulted in losing the 2.5cm glass shrimp to the triplefin :-(. Also acquired some blue tube worms. Everyone else is going strong and the Codium is still going well

• 3 weeks later...

Just a wee FTS update. Sorry about the bad camera shot. The rocks on the left-hand side are covered in barnacles for the star to eat and get replaced regularly. Codium is starting to shrink back for winter

post-42241-0-03952900-1403838135_thumb.jpg

Archived