Cultivated Reef

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

Geez. 3 weeks ago was my last post here.

The one mushroom in Gertie's tank.

20160609_204331_zpsejoalzk9.jpg

And here's a great close up. The closest yet. She's never seen my silver metallic nail polish. She was a little spooked. God knows how they view it.

I haven't visited Gertie in a long time..She is so darling!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't visited Gertie in a long time..She is so darling!!

I just love it when her right large eyeball starts looking around independently from the other.

I just love it when her right large eyeball starts looking around independently from the other.

It is cute, isn't it

I fed her tonight some scallop since it was up front enough.

Awesome! Derby looks great in there. I love that white color.

Awesome! Derby looks great in there. I love that white color.

Me too, the tank needed something different and I'm glad I got it- and my friends gave me her free since they felt bad their fish had ich and all my tank mates died when the angel brought it in.

Me too, the tank needed something different and I'm glad I got it- and my friends gave me her free since they felt bad their fish had ich and all my tank mates died when the angel brought it in.

That was nice :). If I had a good setup for one, I'd totally do it. But it would cause havoc in my tank for sure.

FlowerMama

So yesterday I come home and the condy's stuck in the intake for the little hob filter, so I uplug and set her back down under the purple rock. She looks ok today, I gave her some scallop.

FlowerMama

have the ever hit you when you are feeding them like that?

Yep, the first time I was trying to push the boundary with her. usually I'd hold the food pinched between 2 fingers and have the rest of my fingers closed, so open handed was a bit too much for her to handle. It didn't really hurt but it was more of a shock thing, like if someone finger plucks you it was annoying but not painful. I'm sure she can do harder than that.

This was Nov 2014, first time she hit me & the only time.

And this is my favorite video because she can't see w/ the macro in the way, so she conveniently moves it over so she can look at me.

FlowerMama

i guess the bigger they get the more punch they have right. will she get bigger or is she just a mini?

She started out .5". She's now 2". This one only gets to like 2.5" I believe. In Nov she'll be 3 yrs old. Time flies.

She certainly didn't give it all she has, just a warning punch. I know she can split shells.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a pic of my favorite girl. Time to get some snails back in there. I borrowed them for the 40g, now I just need to buy some more.

20160719_224735_zpszlwn8ox0.jpg

Haha! I loved that video of running out from the rock to punch and run back in. She is super cool.

Thank You. It was like a pinch but nothing bad, you know how you can expect worse and so it was a little shocking. For sure it was a warning punch.

So she has never done that again? That is pretty neat. Do you hand feed her all the time?

Yes, since she was a baby. Found her when she was .5" long. She has not hit me again.

A video from April 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I could use ur services ;) For real!

BUT! Thanks to the VA. I think I finally found someone I can actually talk with!

Gertie Is Too cute! :wub::PB)

Archived